KoF XI General Discussion and Gameplay

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
BBH said:
Wow. Just wow.

Rolls DO have plenty of invincibility still.

Indeed, and it also depends on the character.

BBH said:
This challenge can be done with Shen/King (no need for a third character)

start with Shen. Jumping D, stand C, f + B, qcf + C, QS into King, jumping D, stand D (2 hits), df+D, rdp + D. That's it. (I think you have to be in the corner though to get both hits off King's Standing D. You can also super cancel off the rdp+K into either one of her DM's, but it's not necessary)

Thanks. I'll give that a try tonight.

I was working on:

(Tung) Jumping D, standing C, f + A, qcf qcf + B (4 hits) quick shift to Whip, jumping D, standing C, qcb hcf C (5 or 6 hits (haven't quite perfected the best timing on this yet)) quick shift K', jumping D, standing C, super...

Managed it about 3 or 4 times, with the highest being a 24 hit combo, but each time it left the CPU with zero energy :blow_top:

breal

Hardened Shock Trooper
BBH said:
Wow. Just wow.

Rolls DO have plenty of invincibility still. Being out of the KoF loop for a while I don't know how the rolls compare to the previous years, but you can still roll through plenty of shit. Hell, yesterday I was playing against someone's who's main gameplan was to run away like a bitch with Clark and whore jumping E, and then whenever I got close he would roll into hcf+K. Yes, you can still roll into command grab. And if you're cornered, you CAN roll out. Seriously. The only roll that has no invincibility whatsoever is the FORWARD recovery roll after you get knocked down.

As for hop jumps, yes there are characters that can rushdown very easily with repeated hop jumps. But there are always ways around this stuff, try a fast anti-air poke or a vertical jump attack. Rolling against hop jumps is not advisable because it doesn't really get you anywhere, they'll be on the ground before you recover.

Yes rolls do still have some invincibility but like I said it's different. Tell me when you could short kick a person coming out of a roll? The only thing you could do to someone coming out of a roll was throw b/c the invincibility of it let them block as soon as the come out of the roll.

As far as the short jump goes I'm really talking about in the beginning of the match. It is extremely easy to rushdown somebody. You don't have any meter and you CAN'T roll effectively without getting hit. I saw my boy just dominate some matches buy leading off with Geese and whoring out his jumping C. I know there's a way to get around this b/c I do but a lot of people can't adjust that fast after kof has played the same way for eleven years.

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
breal said:
As far as the short jump goes I'm really talking about in the beginning of the match. It is extremely easy to rushdown somebody. You don't have any meter and you CAN'T roll effectively without getting hit. I saw my boy just dominate some matches buy leading off with Geese and whoring out his jumping C. I know there's a way to get around this b/c I do but a lot of people can't adjust that fast after kof has played the same way for eleven years.

yes but remember that almost chara can stop a jump in festival simply with A or another basic

as you said xi engine is really fast so you have to speed up almost everything you've learned in prev kofs

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
I still don't see exactly what's so great about this game. But I haven't unlocked any of the hidden characters, (I'll be doing that later today) so maybe that's what I'm missing.

Eiji especially seems very disappointing on all fronts compared to what he once was.

hanafuda

EX_Andy said:
I still don't see exactly what's so great about this game. But I haven't unlocked any of the hidden characters, (I'll be doing that later today) so maybe that's what I'm missing.

Eiji especially seems very disappointing on all fronts compared to what he once was.

What is so great about it? It is one of the best KOF games, if not the best.

Eiji can be a beast in the right hands. Maybe that is what you are missing.

eastyy

Quiz Detective
I have to this is the most fun i have ever had with a king of fighters game

There is just so much potential

All i would really want in the next king of fighters are tag team moves (like in rage of the dragons)

An redrawn hi res characters

hanafuda

Anyone know any decent tier lists for this (PS2 version)?

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I haven't played him very much, but I've seen what he does. I'd give you pointers once I pick him.

But hear me on this. I actually fear Eiji, in KOFXI. In fact, my strategy against him is to put pressure on him right away and not let him do moves at any cost. Even if the CPU is controlling him.

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
Kirk Foiden said:
I haven't played him very much, but I've seen what he does. I'd give you pointers once I pick him.

But hear me on this. I actually fear Eiji, in KOFXI. In fact, my strategy against him is to put pressure on him right away and not let him do moves at any cost. Even if the CPU is controlling him.

Good lord.

Let me spell this out:

I know how to play Eiji.

I'd like to hear some insight from experienced players about what they think makes XI better than previous games. I see super cancels, which were in previous games, tag combos, which were in previous games, and SDM variants (LDMs), which were in previous games. I also see some really, really obnoxious new characters that I don't care for.

hanafuda

EX_Andy said:
Good lord.

Let me spell this out:

I know how to play Eiji.

I'd like to hear some insight from experienced players about what they think makes XI better than previous games. I see super cancels, which were in previous games, tag combos, which were in previous games, and SDM variants (LDMs), which were in previous games. I also see some really, really obnoxious new characters that I don't care for.

Good lord.

Why don't you start by giving some insight into why you don't think XI is one of the best KOFs there is, other than the point you don't like some of the new characters :oh_no:

If you want to learn more about Eiji in this game, just go find some tournament vids, as he is a commonly used character.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97049

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
hanafudaX said:
Good lord.

Why don't you start by giving some insight into why you don't think XI is one of the best KOFs there is, other than the point you don't like some of the new characters :oh_no:

If you want to learn more about Eiji in this game, just go find some tournament vids, as he is a commonly used character.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97049

Did you even look at what I posted? You might want to, since I addressed all of your comments before you even made them.

YO-YO-Boy said:

Thanks, I'll take a look.

hanafuda

EX_Andy said:
Did you even look at what I posted? You might want to, since I addressed all of your comments before you even made them.

Yes, you said:

I will address this now: your impressions are incorrect, and comparing him to previous versions is rather futile.

caleb1883

Super Spy Agent
Does any one know if this game works with the latest version of Swap Magic in a old style PS2. (Not the slim one)

cam347

Crossed Swords Squire
Still trying to get ppl to help contribute towards this. So far I've done Ash, Adelheid which are completely finished or so I hope. Both of these I did myself. I did the movelist for K' & Kula but ppl donated to the other shit u see on there. Someone else made the Kyo one all himself. I'm hopin to finish Terry, Lizzy & Geese soon. I sersiously need help with Oswald lol.

http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/The_King_of_Fighters_XI

www.youtube.com is a great source for XI vids just put search for KOF XI. While I also gotta few

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
SSS: Gato
SS: Kula
S: Oswald, Eiji, Kim, Clark
A: Ralf, Duck, Kyo, K', Maxima, Jenet, Ash, Gai
B: Terry, Shen, Malin, Ryo, Iori, Duolon, Kensou
C: Yuri, Benimaru, Elisabeth, Jyazu, Silber, Adelheid, Kasumi, Vanessa
D: Mary, King, Shingo, Momoko, Griffon, Ramon
E: Hayate, Whip, Athena

latest tier list

hanafuda

Rengoku said:
SSS: Gato
SS: Kula
S: Oswald, Eiji, Kim, Clark
A: Ralf, Duck, Kyo, K', Maxima, Jenet, Ash, Gai
B: Terry, Shen, Malin, Ryo, Iori, Duolon, Kensou
C: Yuri, Benimaru, Elisabeth, Jyazu, Silber, Adelheid, Kasumi, Vanessa

latest tier list

Presumably for the AW version.

Anyone seen anything for the PS2 version?

Rengoku

Duck King's DJ
hanafudaX said:
Presumably for the AW version.

Anyone seen anything for the PS2 version?

God: Shion
SS: Gato, Kula
S: Oswald, Eiji, Duck, EX Kyo, Kim, Clark
A: Hotaru, Ralf, Kyo, Mr Big, K', Maxima, Jenet, Ash, Gai
B: Terry, Mai, Shen, Malin, Geese, Tung, Ryo, Iori, Duolon, Kensou
C: Yuri, Benimaru, Elisabeth, Jyazu, Silber, Robert, Adelheid, Kasumi, Vanessa, Magaki

credits to shadowsonic from orochinagi.com that translated it from japanese

and i dunno why in this list gato and kula are on the same rank