kof XI confirmed for last third of october

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Kickin|wiNg said:
I know System16 says it's coming out on Naomi GD-Rom, but Magic-Box says it's going to be on Atomiswave and I just found this on Coin-Op Express.

I know COE isn't the most reliable place for info like that, but it seems like it might hit AW.

Anywho, sorry for drailing this KoF XI thread..

-Kickin' Wing

Notice that COE is also listing it under Naomi... :spock:

http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/pcbs/naomi_i___ii_gd_rom/Guilty_Gear_XX_Slash_6286.html

And actually, it's not featured in the general AW list. And in the AW page where it is, it says "Naomi GD Software only". So looks like is coming to Naomi instead and the other page is an error.

Kickin' Wing

Armored Scrum Object
It looks like they JUST changed it, a few hours ago it was listed under Atomiswave and didn't have a price..

Ah well, at least we have KoF XI to look forward to in 3rd Quarter October (getting things back on track).

-Kickin' Wing

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
i can't believe they are doing this to the aw owners...

sorry could someone explain to me how this thread was construed to be about whether or not kofxi is the last aw game or not??

so the release date is important and the possible change of hw at the last minute is not ?

you don't care because you live in japan and can go and play in arcade centers etc etc etc

but maybe a few people own an aw and it's pretty damn important for them to know about this "naomi rumour"

case in point : me

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Fran said:
i can't believe they are doing this to the aw owners...

so the release date is important and the possible change of hw at the last minute is not ?

you don't care because you live in japan and can go and play in arcade centers etc etc etc

but maybe a few people own an aw and it's pretty damn important for them to know about this "naomi rumour"

case in point : me

i didnt say it wasnt important. just that i couldnt understand how one piece of news could be mistaken for another.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Giant meh.

The arrival of Atomiswave was like hearing some old flame of yours rolled into town again.
You know you could hook up with her and tap that ass, but all she'd offer is the same old tricks, only just a bit older.

Can anyone explain to me why people would get so excited about a rehashed piece of hardware? Shit, at least they used to just rehash games, not the hardware itself.

Atomiswave=Naomi, only with far less potent talent making uninspired games.
The genie of SNK has left the building people. Now all there is to do is buy the nice ports of Garou and LB1&2 and the others...

When CvS2 continues to look better given all the shit they're shoveling out now, you know it's time for them to hang it up.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
Loopz said:
Giant meh.

The arrival of Atomiswave was like hearing some old flame of yours rolled into town again.
You know you could hook up with her and tap that ass, but all she'd offer is the same old tricks, only just a bit older.

Can anyone explain to me why people would get so excited about a rehashed piece of hardware? Shit, at least they used to just rehash games, not the hardware itself.

The genie of SNK has left the building people. Now all there is to do is buy the nice ports of Garou and LB1&2 and the others...

When CvS2 continues to look better given all the shit they're shoveling out now, you know it's time for them to hang it up.

nbc is good stuff mate. if they can avoid svc style brokeness, kof 2k3 style balancing issues and neowave "lack of anything new"ness and put out more stuff that is at the level of nbc then i am will be more than happy.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Loopz said:
Giant meh.

No matter how hard is tried, most people will always complain. AW is more than enough hardware to run the 2D arcade games we all want, unbootlegable, unemulated and port-friendly. If the programmers don't use it wisely then it's another story, but I was glad a new chance was given to have new games. Neowave is just OK and has to be seen as a test, but I'm quite excited over the other 3 upcoming SNK games including NGBC. Even if no more games are made I think it will still be worth it. Either with the original AW or the ports, everybody can play those games.

Frankfurt

Cheng's Errand Boy
Loopz said:
Giant meh.

People sure let nostalgia cloud their brains... Or maybe you just don´t care about gameplay (which would be ironic). How many good fighters did the "original" SNK release? Garou, FFS, RB2, KOF98. The rest only holds up in 1P mode.

People complain about NeoWave, but how different this rehash is from the rehash in FFS? And so many other examples from back in the day? They kept the sprites just the same, so what are you going to complain about?

Backgrounds? Look at NGBC, NeoWave! People say they´re lifeless, but i say the same about KOF99, KOF2000... And what about KOFXI and SSTenka?

Music? Listen to the NGBC songs! To the AST of NeoWave!

The difference between SNK and SNKP (like they are different companies...) is less people and less money means less games being released. Back then you would ignore the unplayable stuff (AOF1, AOF2, AOF3, FF1, FF3, Buriki One, SS3, SS4... the list goes on and on) because there were more games being released.

That´s. It.

Last edited:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Frankfurt said:
People complain about NeoWave, but how different this rehash is from the rehash in FFS?
FFS made the 4 bosses playable, added 3 characters and 1 hidden one.
New KoFs nowadays add about as many characters as they take out...

By the way, games you listed like FF3 and SS4 are pretty playable. I didn't play Buriki One, but I heard good stuff about it, just that the gameplay is "special", that doesn't make it bad though.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Frankfurt said:
People sure let nostalgia cloud their brains... Or maybe you just don´t care about gameplay (which would be ironic). How many good fighters did the "original" SNK release? Garou, FFS, RB2, KOF98. The rest only holds up in 1P mode.

And you think great gameplay exists in the SNK Playmore games? The only games that I just hate that SNK made are pretty much the Art of Fighting games.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Frankfurt said:
the unplayable stuff (AOF1, AOF2, AOF3, FF1, FF3, Buriki One, SS3, SS4... the list goes on and on)
You sad, sad little man. I hate feeling sorry for people, but that's exactly what you got me doing. In your crazy, upside-down world, you probably complain about "inedible foods" like steak and lamb chops, and "undrivable cars" like Lotus Esprit or Ferrari. You probably suffer from "unwatchable movies" like Godfather 2 and Raiders of the Lost Ark, and are forced to drink "undrinkable beverages" like coffee and beer.

I can only hope there are people who care about you, that prevent you from harming yourself.

Last edited:

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
sigh

people grow up and some get tired of playing videogames and in this case beat them up(s)

but they just won't admit it

it's better to say "playmore sucks" than "my kof skillz ceased to be any good after kof 95 and i can't even be bothered to find out about the bc mode or the guard break"

keep in mind i'm not referring to anyone in particular,
it's something that i have noticed in the past few years

at the same time - talking about kof -

kof 96 has probably some of the best bgs,music,etc in the history of the series

but it plays like shit

i'm sure you can find a lot to dislike in kof 2001,2002 or neowave

maybe the lifeless,ugly bgs or the recycled sprites

sure,we all have eyes to see that

BUT if the gameplay is what matters

kof 2001,2002 and neowave are the best kofs so far

so where do we go from here?

i have no idea,
but i just wanted to share my very valuable point of view with my neo brothers

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I agree with Snairdogg. just don't think KOF '96 plays like shit. I love that game. I'm not technically masterfull, but as a videogame it was alot of fun.