KOF teams weak link(s)

Amakusa

n00b
Japan Team
'98: Benimaru
'99: Maxima
'2K: Ramon

Benimaru Team
'2K: Shingo (not that he's bad; all of them are pretty good)

Iori Team
'98: Vice (not that she's weak, but the others are so much stronger)

Garou Team
'98: Andy
'99: Andy
'2K: Andy (can't use as effectively as the others)

AoF Team
'98: Ryo
'99: Ryo
'2K: Ryo (ditto)

Women Team
'98: Mai
'99: Xiangfei
'2K: Mai (same here)

Korea Team
'98: Choi
'99: Choi
'2K: Choi (again)

Special Team
'98: Billy

Sport Team
'98: Brian

Oyaji Team
'98: Heidern

Psycho Soldier Team
'98: Chin
'99: Athena
'2K: Athena (must've been out of my mind if I thought Chin was weak)

New Faces Team
'98: Yashiro

Orochi Team
'98: Shermie (although I can use all three of them effectively, she has the hardest time beating people)

Ikari Team
'98: Ralf
'99: Whip
'2K: Ralf (not that he's weak, but I use the others more effectively. It's rather close, since all of them are pretty strong IMO)

Mystical

n00b
Actually, I don't think there are anybody is really lousy. Most of the characters are very powerful, all in it's own way. I can play any character from KOF, but if there's one person I don't really like, it'll be either Shingo or Rugal.

I have to agree the sports team is very powerful though.

------------------
"Be your true mind..."
- Revelations Persona -

Muchiko

Mr. Big's Thug
Originally posted by Whip's Disciple:
Benimaru Team: Definately Shing0+, he's been toned down ever since his 98 incarnation, where he was a monster.

Yeah, it's quite obvious.

Korean Team: No weak link, but if you're talking about weakest, it's Kim. "Gee Oro! What are you saying, Kim is soooo good!" Yeah, but after Chang gained the armour mood crap, Jhun in armour mode, and the cheapness of a good Choi, Kim pales in comparison.

Hmmm, I beg to differ; I think Kim is the strongest at high level. He is a combo king and very striker friendly compared to the three. And he's the best pressurer and defensive member of the team. He's a character that I have difficulty beating. ArmorMode Chang is no where as versatile as him.

K team: Initially it's going to Maxima, he lack enough mind games to make him very good, he has low B combos, but they are lacking. But I guess in 2k with his new combos, he is weaker than an expert Vanessa, Ramon, and even an advanced K'.

I thought Maxima's Low A and Low B are not bufferable anymore... I haven't seen a good Maxima, so I don't know who is the weakest, Ramon or him.

Ikari Team: Hmmm this year it has to be Leona. Yeah, you can player really cheap like in 98, but a Whip is much improved, and the introduction of striker combos help make up for the fact that Clark and Ralf's throws have been slowed down significantly. I think they are all good, but like the Korean team Leona is probabably the weakest link.

I just think Whip requires more skill compared to the other three. And Whip is not striker friendly at all. Leona on the other hand gained her overhead into V-slasher, Low B -> Low A -> MoonSlasher, and is very striker friendly. I personally think she is the best of the three.

Art of Fighting: Hmmm again, this is tough, my say would be Robert, because people still feel that having him as a charge character is a sin, and avoid using him. My Robert is pretty good, EndLeSS can vouch for me, but when compared to the ease of use of Yuri's priority and speed, Takuma's super priority and mind games, and Ryo's invincibility on his DP, robert falls behind as a usuable character. But Ryo and Robert easily change places on this list because Ryo has lost some significant power himself. His counters are neigh useless. His standing b is now a very poor poke. But being a one hit wonder is also lags behind. His 2 hit comboes do more than most C fwd A or Bs into a special, but do less than the same thing into a DM or SDM. Right did I say Yuri? Sorry about that, King is there, and you all already know how strong she is.

I think Robert is cheap, especially his DM... however, not as cheap as King and not as powerful as Takuma. Ryo seems to fall behind in this team being the least striker friendly.

Fatal Fury team: Ai...probably Andy...They are all strong again, but Andy lacks the most priority when it comes to normal moves. Mary, Terry, and Joe are all very good, but I think some would choose Joe over Andy.

Agreed...

All Girls Team:

Again, no real weaknesses or weak link here. Hinako is truly a force to be reckened with. Yuri is very strong as well utilizing her speed and priority as well as chain combos. Mai's down B in the air can be abused to utter hell. And I guess Kasumi when used well is very scary as well, but I would have to pick her as the weakest link because of the lag from her counters can easily be taken advantage of.

Kasumi, yeah, since she isn't striker friendly at all.

China team: It's Kensou. After losing his cheese infinity he loses out right to the turtling power of Athena, Chin's d, d B, then up D cheese, and Bao's unpredictablity.

Kensou is both boring and suck. He better gain his fireball in 2001 because he lost a lot of popularity already.

IF anyone actually need anymore depth on these, I can further explain in terms of listing pokes and stuff like that, but then again, that would be writing an FAQ. O_O;

You are the weakest link... Bye bye.

Muchiko

Mr. Big's Thug
Originally posted by Krizalid:

USA team: Brian. Truthfully, I never use the USA team except Heavy D! but I dun like Brian.

Brian rules in '98! Especially in ExtraMode!

Kyo's Team: Benimaru. Come on, there's no competition here. Kyo and Daimon are 2 of the top 5 characters in KOF '98.

The thing is, Benimaru is almost as good...

NFT: Yashiro. Flame me if u will. IMO Shermie is the best grappler, even better than Clark, Mary and Daimon and Chris has a great DP.

I heard Yashiro is a monster if played right, even better than O.Yashiro.

Women's Team '98: Chizuru. I'm tired of typing. King ownz. I don't really like Mai but at least I'm okay with her rather than suck with Chizuru.

Chizuru is really good if played right... I think she has a 100% combo.

FacJoe

New Challenger
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Amakusa:
Ikari Team
'98: Ralf

*stops, falls down laughing*

ROTFLMAO!

hey EndleSS, take a look at this!!!

Ralf? weak?

------------------
Look Dick Look. Look at Jane. See Jane Laugh and Play

EndLeSS

n00b
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FacJoe:
*stops, falls down laughing*

ROTFLMAO!

hey EndleSS, take a look at this!!!

Ralf? weak?

LOL! I'm gonna die!! This is the funniest crap I've read here!

l8z

------------------
"We are able to love passionately because we die"
-Rollo May, The Cry for Myth

Check out my KOF '98 Complete RALF FAQQQ!!!!
http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/king_of_fighters_98_ralf_b.txt

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Ralf is really strong in 2000, so i have no idea where this post came from
smile.gif

P.S. Endless, are you the same endless from Neo-0?

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
"Waves and says Hi! to remukhan"
I love Neo-0 to pieces BUT, it is full of lamers that just want the Kof 2000 rom dumped... I've acted like an Unofficial Moderator there to try to sort them out but its a real pain....
frown.gif

Oh, and EndleSS, there is another EndleSS out there, he's a proper lamer though and would believe anyone who offered him the KOF 2000 rom.... even if they were totally lieing and it was obvious to all....LOL... we had some cool flames in the past though....ah, memories....

ShinGo585

n00b
All you people listing Yashiro as a weak link must be tokin the crack pipe. Yashiro is a beast! Chris has to be the NFT weak link, his overall power and combos pale in comparison to yashiro, and shermies killer grabs.

I

Iori

Maxima is a badass, how can anyone call him a weak link with Ramon on the same team?
my picks for 2000
Hero:Ramon, God he sucks
Benimaru:Shingo, Not what he used to be
FF:Andy, Still the lesser Bogard
AOF:King, The other 3 are better
Ikari:Whip, still weak and still only one DM
PS:Hate them all with a passion, but the winner is Bao.
Girl:Hinako, need I say more?
Korea:Jhun, again, other 3 are better.

------------------
fetch.dll

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by remukhan:
hi rain and endless,

well its good to see some real fighters from neo-0 cuz most of the ppl there are either emulation fans or lamerz
icon20.gif

Just checked out your website...
What is this Athena/Kasumi glitch you've posted? Is it better (or more deadly) than the KOF '96 Shining Crystal Bit Glitch?
biggrin.gif

remukhan

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
20 Year Member
basically, this glitch is more in the favour of kasumi than athena unlike the kof96 athena glitch.

you can download the video from the site.. remember there is a little problem with the video link, so when you reach the phrase of "click 'here' to download the video". then just copy paste the link into another window. you will then come across another link autogenerated by the geocities server from where you can download the video.

in case, i m also explaining the bug here.

first do athena's shining crystal bit DM (hcb,hcb + P) then immediately dash kasumi in and perform Tatsumaki Souda: Nage Dageki (When close, hcb + P). remember that it is very difficult to do a dash in the shining crystal bit DM and perform the move without getting hit. so u need to be precise in that.
now if u do that successfully, then the crystals around athena will disappear and she will hang and freeze in that frame.
all your moves/dms will not work on her and she cant be moved. the only thing that can bring back the game to normal is kasumi's throw. so if u are winning then don't bother to do that and wait for the time over because ahe will remained freeze
icon50.gif
and your opponent cannot free her no matter what he do

------------------
http://kof.cyberfanatics.org/

EndLeSS

n00b
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ShinGo585:
All you people listing Yashiro as a weak link must be tokin the crack pipe. Yashiro is a beast! Chris has to be the NFT weak link, his overall power and combos pale in comparison to yashiro, and shermies killer grabs.

Chris is NOT the weakest link in NFT. They have no weak link. Chris is one of the highest ranked characters in KOF98, on the top 5.

l8z

------------------
"We are able to love passionately because we die"
-Rollo May, The Cry for Myth

Check out my KOF '98 Complete RALF FAQQQ!!!!
http://db.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/file/king_of_fighters_98_ralf_b.txt

I

ImMature

My 2 cents on this (only '98/'99 cuz I haven't played 2K yet):

*Japan Hero Team: Benimaru ('98), Shingo ('99)

*FF Team: Andy

*AOF Team: Yuri

*Ikari Warriors Team: Leona

*Psycho Soldiers Team: Kensou

*All-Women Team: No one actually in '98, Xiangfei ('99)

*Korea Team: Uhhh...Kim?

*New Faces Team: Yashiro

*Special Team: Billy

*Orochi Assasins Team: Mature

*Old Geezers Team: Heidern

*USA Team: Brian

PLEASE bear in mind that this is *NOT* MvC2 so "weakest 1s in a team" doesn't actually mean "useless utter crap"; it only implies that their official teammates are (sometimes slightly) better than they are, that's all
smile.gif

FacJoe

New Challenger
Originally posted by Amakusa:
[QB]'99: Maxima
'2K: Ramon

New Faces Team
'98: Yashiro

also, Id have to disagree with ya. Maxima is da shit when played properly. and Ramon, yeah, his fashion sense sucks to oblivion, but check his damage and his grabs dude, u better watch out for those things.

Yashiro NFT 98 is weak?

*smokes crack*

uhhhrrrrp....yesssssshhhh he issshhhh weaaaaaakk....

kidding aside, he is NOT weak.