KOF Super Thread: How to cheap the bosses

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
I'll start.

KOF 99- First mode of Krizalid-
Method #1. Jumping CD with pretty much any character. If he blocks, just dash back, jump in and CD again, he never blocks twice in a row.
Method #2. Super Cheese method: If you lose, and are very infuriated and want to use the cheapest crappest method ever, Pick the "Max Striker" aid, then pick your new team and choose Ralf as a striker. As soon as the match starts, press BC until you win, you should get a perfect.

Second mode of Krizalid-
Method #1. With Maxima- at about half length of screen, when krizalid is seemingly doing nothing, do a vapour cannon. Dash forward, vapour cannon again and time it to hit as soon as he gets up. (On wake up, he nearly always does the anti air axe kick. Repeating this VC method will counter each one of them :))

Come one, you fekkers better spill.

And im expecting some from you too, Andrew :emb:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
The beni sC poke method.

Works on 97 orochi, 2000 Zero. Basically just poke from afar. Also, you could try others like yamazaki. Anyone with long fast pokes. Like Yama's sD should do the trick.

For hilarity, max out the difficulty in 97, theres tons of cheese in this game, but this method takes the least amount of effort. When orochi comes in, poke his ass like hell.

ray_7

Zero 2K:

Just keep jumping over him using jA or jB, he will do his 'dragon punch' type move, either you get past that automatically or roll throught it, then he's open for combos.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Stuff I've seen and done.

KOF 94

Rugal 1st phase

Seen a guy pull this off with Yuri. Hit Rugal with Yuri's butt attack, which he should block. Immediately throw him afterwards. Repeat.

Lucky: Death bound, which Rugal should dodge. Teleport next to him and throw.

Rugal 2nd phase

Anyone: Bait Rugal into doing the ABC charge. Blast his ass when he does, because he rarely stops in midcharge.

Lucky: SEE RUGAL 1ST PHASE

KOF 95

Omega Rugal

Anyone: Same as Rugal 2nd phase, except you now got to attack when Rugal taunts.

KOF 96

Chizuru

Geese: Shippuken her to death.

Anyone: Throw out a weak punch or kick to bait Chizuru into hopping or dodging towards you then use your characters best counter attack.

Some examples:

Big, Kasumi, Mature & Vice - Standing CD
Most uppercut characters - Take a guess!
Kensou - qcb+punch
Ryo & Robert - qcf, hcb+A
Terry - Power Geyser
Kyo - qcb, hcf+A
Benimaru - qcf+punch or qcf, qcf+A

Goenitz

Super jump away from him at the start of the match and throw out an attack. He should do his tornado attack. Keep blocking until he starts the ABC charge and rush him (94 Rugal 2nd phase anyone?).

KOF 98

Omega Rugal

Anyone: Hop repeatedly until he does a Genocide Cutter then rush him.

Characters with slides: Bait him into doing his projectile and slide into him while he's charging.

Iori: In case someone missed this, Iori's low B enables him to completely duck under Rugal's projectile.

More later.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Keep it up guys

Really nice work Yeldell :)

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
KOF98 - lvl 8 / Omega Rugal

Just run and roll, all the time -- if you are fairly good you'll find tons of openings

-- other than this, the AI for KOF98 has a terrible, terrible flaw, in all difficulty levels.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
KoF96 Goenitz

Anyone with a short range, no lag fireball:

jump bac and lp, QCF+A. he will teleport so CD him. Repeat until perfect.

Iori:

As above, but you can also QCF+A as he is getting up and it will hit him.

Clark/Ralf:

Just jump up and HCF+D his ass when he walks to you.

All foolproof even on Lv8.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Back with more.

KOF99

Krizalid 2nd phase

Shingo: Blocked CD into hcb+kick. He nevers/rarely blocks the 2nd hit of the tackle. Repeat.

Bao: Jump straight up and qcf+B.

Most characters with a short ranged projectile: Knock down Krizalid a do a projectile as he's getting up. He'll usually try to jump and get hit. Once you've backed him into the corner, it becomes real easy to win the round.

KOF00

Zero

Anyone: Stay in a low block position until Zero does his ground hole move. Jump over the attack and rush his ass.

KOF01

Original Zero

Bao: Knock him down in the corner and df+D him to death.

Anyone with a long range projectile: After knocking him down, time a projectile to hit him as he stands up. He should super jump at you. Blast him out of the sky, preferably with an attack that knocks him down. Repeat.

Igniz

Bao: SEE ORIGINAL ZERO.

Anyone: If Igniz dashes at you, he's likely to do that chain attack that can juggle you indefinitely once close enough. Dodge it and attack with you character's best knockdown combo. Wait for him to dash at you again and repeat.

KOF02

Omega Rugal

Daimon: After knocking Rugal down, get 2-3 characters lengths away from him a do a dp+C as he rises. Rugal should jump at you. Df+C or hcf+A him while he's in the air. Personally, I only use the hcf+A to put Rugal in the corner, otherwise, the df+C will do fine. Repeat.

Ramon: hcf+kick goes through the Reppukens.

Ryo: Just run up to him and dp+A Rugal to death. This doesn't work all the time for me, but when it does, you'll laugh out loud at how patheticly easy the fight went.

Anyone with a rising uppercut or dp type move: After blocking Rugal's low D or f+B (Not sure about the top down kick.), run towards Rugal. He should jump/hop while you're running at him. Knock him down with your character's prefered uppercut move.

KOF03

Mukai

Iori: I've heard the hcb+kick works wonders on this guy.

K': Knock down Mukai in the corner and keep doing f+A as he stands up.

Aside from those hit him with a knockdown special and if he should do a tech roll, hit him with another knockdown special. This becomes a neccessity for me once Mukai's cornered.

That's about all I got.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
97 Orochi - Roll, attack, roll, attack, roll, attack, roll, DM, dead.

98 O. Rugal - Back up to the left corner and simply jump up (push the stick up-back), then hit him with a D on the way down, you will perfect him that way with a little practise.

99 Krizalid first form - Don't do too many specials, try to beat him with normals alone, then his 2nd form won't be as aggressive and thus easier to beat.

2k Zero - Easiest boss in KoF history, simply back out to the left corner as quickly as possible and hit him with standing C's when he comes near, he will run into your fist 3 times out of 5.

2k1 Original Zero - Projectiles work wonders.

2k1 Igniz - Crouch, wait for him to close in, super-jump over him and combo him from behind. Will need a few tries until you get it right, but basically it's not that hard.

2k2 Rugal - I always get him with Takuma's new invisible qcf+P projectiles and with Chin's cD and f+D followup to his d,d+K. 2k2 Rugal can be tricked with empty jumps or simply jumping up vertically, he plays very aggressive so the basic way to beat him is to trick him into doing for ex. whiffed aerial moves that could be punished on landing.... or just use Kensou (fireballs + qcf+P).

2k3 Kusanagi - Yawn... just be quick and don't stop attacking, use rush-down tacticts to beat his ass, and don't forget to kill him with a (L)DM or tag combo to get to fight Mukai, if you beat him with specials or normal attacks you will fight that dork Adel...

2k3 Maki/Chizuru - just don't jump around like a rubber ball, let them come in, then use long-range normals or specials.

...etc...

Last edited:

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
97 is probably the easiest, keep walking forward and doing a hard punch or kick. after your punch or kick hell retaliate but miss, you walk forward again and do it again, repeat till dead.

98 the roll is really great like mushiki said, hell either do the dp or fireball which will leave him open.

99 always had some troubles with his second form. motherfucker even didnt let me win in the arcades. not that hes to troublesome or something but hes deffenitelly one of the more harder kof bosses.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
W00T i 1cced 94 for the first time today :emb:

Anyways, anyone have a specific method to luring Rugal into taunting/charging?

Ta.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
soulthug said:
W00T i 1cced 94 for the first time today :emb:

Anyways, anyone have a specific method to luring Rugal into taunting/charging?

Ta.

Charging tends to work best for me.

Also, taunting will sometimes get him to charge, especially if he's close to being powered up already.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Bumpatronic.

Thanks again, Yeldell.

Think people, think!

Neo a_bomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
kof 94

rugal first phase
jump back into the corner( keep jumping diagonally) when he comes near you attack from the air. you can also attack again when you land. Repeat until you win. If you have time to charge your bar the hits will take off more damage. I have gotten many perfects this way.

kof 96

chizuru
with ralph jump and do your qcf+A or C
this will pummel the bag into the dirt almost every time. repeat until you win.
Terrys Andys (especially)and most other projectiles will do the trick really good from about half a screen away.

Goneitz
I find it real easy to jump around. If you barely Jump over him you should be able to throw him. He ll almost always walk toward you, unless he's teleporting all over the screen like an ass.

kof97

orochi leona
with RYO keep doing your qcb+C this move is almost the cheapest one in the game. Most of the time you can get a perfect, if its your first character youll get straight bonus too! yay points!

Thats all I can think of for now.......
there may be more.

a_bomb

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Got some more stuff on KOF 2002.

Yuri - qcf+punch (hold) works too well at times. Rugal will his Genocide Cutter against this most of the time. Should he get hit by it, do another qcf+punch (hold). If Rugal does the strong kick Genocide Cutter, chase him down and catch him with either a jumping CD or low D if you can't get in the air in time. Super jump away and repeat. If you're lucky, you may be able to hit him with the CD attack if the projectile hits him while he's still in the air (It counts as a counter if Rugal gets hit by the projectile.).

Benimaru - Super jump away and do a qcf+punch while still in the air. Same as Yuri's pattern. When he does the strong kick Genocide Cutter, rush in and knock him down with a combo ending in the qcb+A or sweep. Get away and repeat.

Whip - If you manage to knock down Rugal close to you (And I mean CLOSE!), do a dp+A before he stands up. Rugal usually does the strong kick Genocide Cutter a get hit as Whip descends (She'll be behind the GC and thus it'll miss Whip.). Repeat.

K' - qcf+punch, f+A is your main weapon. Utilize this when Rugal gets too fireball happy, taking care not to always do the f+A follow-up if you anticipate the reflector or Kaiser Wave. Once you got some stock, be sure to toss out the qcf, hcb+punch DM/SDM if Rugal's still busting out projectiles.

Kula - Much like K', Kula's got the right tools for dealing with Rugal. Qcb+punch will help once he gets too Repuken happy. Anytime he gets knocked down by the ice shard reflection, close in on him until he's cornered. Once you got Rugal backed against the wall, qcf+punch becomes your next tool of choice. Stay 2-3 character distance away and start throwing these out ounce he starts standing up. Rugal hardly attemps to block these and will get hit every time. If low on stocks always follow-up the qcf+punch with more moves to build up in a hurry.

Time to clear up some stuff from earlier.

For Daimon's method, the hcf+A does more damage than the df+C and can be used if you got good timing on it.

Rugal hops/jumps after you block either f+B or low D and rush him, but ever now and again he may toss a Repuken or Genocide Cutter. While it is possible for certain characters to hit him through the Repuken, I don't see it happening for the Genocide Cutter.

KOF 97

Amazed no one mention tips on beating the Orochi team, seeing as they're more of a threat than Orochi himself was.

Orochi Chris

Can't really recall any surefire strategies for stomping this guy. I recall owning him a few times with some characters if I could get him in the corner.

Orochi Shermie

94 Kyo - qcf+punch goes under Shermie's electric kiss move.

Anyone - Corner Shermie and wail on her like there's no tomorrow if she's still tossing out the kiss move with your low risk attacks specials, etc. Just be wary once she has some stocks. Last time I played KOF 97, I remember totally destroying her with Robert's hcb+kick move.

Orochi Yashiro

God! What a pain. The only things I've pulled off that seem to work against this guy are the following:

Standing B - Depends on the character. I know Kyo, Terry and Ryo's are pretty good against this guy. He either gets hit by it or dodges and is pratically open to whatever you what to nail him with.

Kensou - Jump and qcb+punch all day.

Anyone - Use your most abusive, low risk combo on him. Good for tick damage and the occasional guard drop.

Maybe back with more if I discover something else on 02 Rugal.

cam347

Crossed Swords Squire
For Goenitz u need some sorta advancing reversal attack for when you block tornadoes

for example

Leona blocks tornado, then do X-Caliber or Grand Sabre (D)

If you do an attack make sure it hits or else he will instant reversal super command throw you. Stay away from him but stay out of the corner, he's really good at doing teleport or dash 2 super throw lol imagine a cpu doing dash to super throw??? lol ur not YSB at a 3S tourney what is the world coming to. Also try jumping alot he never really goes for AA's unless you count a tornado hittin right when u start to leave the ground lol

Kusanagi in 2k3

if ur character has a projectile reflector use it he never learn from it and keep being a fireball happy Ryu scrub lol and dont jump or he will DP u.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
ray_7 said:
Someone should come up with a way to beat Magaki in FXI.

Hear, hear. Tough stuff...

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Rugal, 98 -- Select Heidern on your team, keep your distance from rugal.

do his charging neck snapper whenever you get full screen after he lets his fireball go, rinse, repeat.

cam347

Crossed Swords Squire
played 94 last nite and this works about 90% of the time on Rugal 1st round

Terry - Jumping cross-up D, standing close C (2 hits), Burn Knuckle (A), then Power Wave (A) on wake-up

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Seems Vice has a pattern similar to Benimaru with her qcb+kick in the air against 02 Rugal.