KOF Neowave on PS2

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Count me out. That game is at the arcade near my house, and I've probably already had my fill. Maybe if I could get a bare AW cart for under $80 or so......

I wish NGBC was out, that game looks way cooler

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
J0e Musashi said:
w00t. Why the excitement? it's not as if the PS2 will be stretched to handle it. 2002 with 3-d backgrounds w00t again.

It would be funny if NW get 3d bgs in PS2, considering they didn't do that in AW :kekeke:

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
BLOODY WHOO HOO BABY!!! :buttrock: :buttrock:

Finally get my chance to play this thing!

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Verythrax said:
It would be funny if NW get 3d bgs in PS2, considering they didn't do that in AW :kekeke:

Really? I could have sworn it was 3-D at the ATEI. Shows exactly how much interest this game held for me then eh?

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
J0e Musashi said:
Really? I could have sworn it was 3-D at the ATEI. Shows exactly how much interest this game held for me then eh?

For sure. And you will be glad in play it in a low-res average cab monitor. It minimizes the contrast between the hi-res bgs and low-res sprites, making it look as good as a bad looking MVS game (like KOF 2k1 and 2k2) :glee:

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Well here's hoping for NBC. That's all I really want to play. I will probably pick this up if it got a US release though even though that's highly doubtful.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm glad, just for the reason that it gives me more hope we'll see other AW ports like NBC. But I've played this game now, and unless they added all kinds of extras, I don't see myself playing it again.

neo>all

Super nO0b
kofneowave doesn't sound that spiffy but i still want to play it. This news makes a neofan happy.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
$70.00? Some serious crack must be being smoked. The otaku here are totally mindless retahrdz, doesn't matter if its doggy doo sealed in a plasitic bag, slap SNK on it and say its from Athena, and oh shit, the price skyrockets 'cause it becomes a collectable turd. I mean there's dudes here that.. god I'm ashamed to even write it... collect and sniff panties. They have panites vending machines here, I have seen it. More real than big foot.

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
KRONOS said:
$70.00? Some serious crack must be being smoked. The otaku here are totally mindless retahrdz, doesn't matter if its doggy doo sealed in a plasitic bag, slap SNK on it and say its from Athena, and oh shit, the price skyrockets 'cause it becomes a collectable turd. I mean there's dudes here that.. got I'm ashamed to even write it... collect and sniff panties. They have panites vending machines here, I have seen it. More real than big foot.

Well, the $ sucks so much against any other currency nowadays so you can't really judge by that price. In yens, will this game be more expensive than the other ones?

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
Amano Jacu said:
Well, the $ sucks so much against any other currency nowadays so you can't really judge by that price. In yens, will this game be more expensive than the other ones?

Actually, it'll probably begin retailing at around 6500 Yen, which is about $60.00 or so.

Its just the mentality of businesses in Jp-they control the consumer market with an iron fist. Basically, the Japanese will pay basically whatever a company decides is a fair price... no matter how outrageous. I would have picked up KOF '94 rebout, but its like a ressurrected corpse that they want $65.00 for. It would have been ok if it started out at $30.00 or even $40.00. SNKP JP loses money because they don't have a relealistic view of what consumers are willing to pay.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Then again, u have to keep in mind that people earn more money in Japan, hence the outrageous prices.

If Neowave gets a US release I'm pretty sure it'll be somewhere around 30 or 40 USD.

If I'm not mistaken Chaos, and the KoF's released for PS2 in Japan also debuted around the same price tag, but not 7100 Yen. Then again, SNKP has been rereleasing games at a cheaper price in Japan, in case u haven't noticed also in the same page.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
jeff bogard said:
Then again, u have to keep in mind that people earn more money in Japan, hence the outrageous prices.

If Neowave gets a US release I'm pretty sure it'll be somewhere around 30 or 40 USD.

If I'm not mistaken Chaos, and the KoF's released for PS2 in Japan also debuted around the same price tag, but not 7100 Yen. Then again, SNKP has been rereleasing games at a cheaper price in Japan, in case u haven't noticed also in the same page.

Yep, I noticed those re-releases, we just got SVC chaos for 2900 Yen. But its the pricing of something new, not a couple years old that I was posting about.

The economy isn't too hot here right now, so everyone's hurting financially. Making money in Jp is relative to the job you hold-just like any other capitalist country. It may seem like the Japanese are making more, but the cost of living is very high, and the Yen is weak against the $. The price of consumer goods in Jp is disproportionately high compared to wages of the average Japanese. Many Japanese are not pocketing a whole lot of their salary.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
KRONOS said:
the Yen is weak against the $

Are you sure? I thought the $ had lost like more than 20% of its value against the Yen in the past 2 years. I'm talking about the bare exchange rate, not the salaries/prices or economies.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
It seems that the game companies are releasing their big titles for a lot of money, but the they take a risk cause that price goes down a lot. For example I picked up Shadow of Rome for about 7,000 yen. The other day, just a week or two after its release the game store I bought it from is selling it for 4,900 yen.

I went to akihabara yesterday and Spikeout Online was 6,800 yen, and kof 2k2 was 4,300 yen. (I bought Kof 2k2 and it rocks)

Im excited for Kof Neowave. Its got some new pointless features like the heat button. I just hope it gets an xbox live release!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
KRONOS said:
Yen is weak against the $

I'd definately like to know what you're smoking

1 dollar = 106 Yen today

In 2002 it topped 133

A near average of 1 dollar to 120 Yen

In other words, you used to be able to score more Yen per dollar. Just look at a history currency chart and you'll see that the numbers are below what they used to be.

http://www.x-rates.com/d/JPY/USD/hist2002.html

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
5 NEW CHARACTERS FOR KOF NEOWAVE (PS2)

Fresh news: KOF Neowave for PS2 will have 5 new characters.
Here they are

- Seth
- Angel
- May Lee
- Rugal
- Kusanagi

source: Gamekult

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Catoblepa said:
5 NEW CHARACTERS FOR KOF NEOWAVE (PS2)

Fresh news: KOF Neowave for PS2 will have 5 new characters.
Here they are

- Seth
- Angel
- May Lee
- Rugal
- Kusanagi

source: Gamekult

Not so fresh, that news are several days old so they stink a bit ;)

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Not so fresh, that news are several days old so they stink a bit ;)

LOL sorry, didn't notice the post :D Well, Gamekult didn't know until today...