The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Damn some people read into things.

A lot.

I thought it was hilarious, great ad.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Spike Spiegel said:
I guess you're missing the point. They look like shit, move like shit, and overall make fun of 2D sprites.

I was just making a point. 2D's dead, and now we're making fun of it in ads. Just a sad day when an SNK ad makes fun of 2D. That's all.

Spike

It's called satire. I think you are really getting a little triger happy about this add. While your point seems legit, it's not some mass scandal for SNK to kill off 3-D, it's only a satire (and a funny one at that). Be thankful we even have commercials. At least it's not as bad as the Ninja Gaiden commercial we got here in the U.S. Now that is a piece of crap.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I thought the add was funny didn't, offend me at all thumbs up!

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
I'm not bothered that SNKP "insulted" it's roots with that commercial. It's meaningless. What bothers me is that they put out such a crappy game and had the balls to call it KOF.

So to solve the problem for myself, I'm not wasting my time with that crap. If you keep giving them money to play a crappy game like that, they will continue to make Street Fighter EX plus alpha...I mean KOF MI.

dethink

n00b
it's simple - if you don't like it, don't buy it, and play your old KOF carts.

do you throw all your CD's of a certain band out when they put out one album you don't like? blind fanboyism, and insisting that everything they do is genius is just as stupid, but come on people...do your old favorites really ever go away?

no, despite what consumer culture tells us, you can *gasp* keep enjoying them, even in the face of newer stuff on the horizon.

this commercial really isn't meant for the hardened KOF veteran anyways. they already know about the game. it's to reach out to the casual fan who may have seen them on the DC or in the arcade, and build/re-establish some kind of market with them. just like any other form of entertainment, growing the fanbase results in more "hardcore" afficionados that will seek out and educate themselves about the roots of the series.

justdefend

Quiz Detective
As a long time fan, I didn't have a prob with the commercial. I think it was kinda funny and a good visual way for old school gamers to connect with it.

The ad is up at Punch Jump in the Motion section.

http://news.punchjump.com/

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
dethink said:
it's simple - if you don't like it, don't buy it, and play your old KOF carts.

do you throw all your CD's of a certain band out when they put out one album you don't like? blind fanboyism, and insisting that everything they do is genius is just as stupid, but come on people...do your old favorites really ever go away?

Yeah, I don't enjoy Ride the Lightning the same ever since Load/Reload/St Anger came out and the Napster Suite happened.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
IMTheWalrus said:
I'm not bothered that SNKP "insulted" it's roots with that commercial. It's meaningless. What bothers me is that they put out such a crappy game and had the balls to call it KOF.

So to solve the problem for myself, I'm not wasting my time with that crap. If you keep giving them money to play a crappy game like that, they will continue to make Street Fighter EX plus alpha...I mean KOF MI.

Have you even PLAYED the two games? KoF:MI is MILES above the SFEX series, it would be better to compare it to Rival Schools/Project Justice. Is it perfect? No. But it IS fun.

dethink

n00b
norton9478 said:
Yeah, I don't enjoy Ride the Lightning the same ever since Load/Reload/St Anger came out and the Napster Suite happened.

:lol:

that was the only exception i figured people would bring up...

OK, completely shitting on your fans by being blatant hypocrites, and then putting out 3 successive shitty albums is a good reason, but i don't think SNK is pulling a metallica on us yet.

Blue Mary Mania 8

King's Dry Cleaner
Kind of ass-ide from the general point of view of whether it is good or bad, what channels have people seen it on? I saw it on Spike TV, during Star Trek DS9 break...

RamonG

World Soccer '96
Wether you see it good or bad, it made you think about KOF:MI.

I personally liked it.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
I have the commercial on my HD. I put it on repeat and watch it while wearing my Terry hat and playing KOF MI!! WHEE!!!!

I am an insult to 2D gaming!!!1

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I love the comercial it was damn hillarious. You way over analized it. But since the ad was on the TV and not Neo GEo F-----