KOF : Maximum Impact 2 PS2 shipped.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
About those combo videos that were posted from that japanese site, for being such huge filesizes, they're of low resolution and run length.

MI2 looks awesome, nuff said.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Wow those screen grabs look very nice, I'm now eargerly waiting for the US release more and more

parry22oh.jpg

Now that's just wicked

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
Murray said:
Thanks. I'll have a look at those. I'd looked on gamefaqs right before I posted and nothing was up yet.

No probs - it's actually listed on gamefaqs under the US name of "King of Fighters 2006", which might be why you didn't find it. :)

Kaz

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
This title reached No 11 in the JPN game sales chart for the week.

No firm figures yet, but it is safe to say it sold between 30,000 and 36,000 copies. Pretty good going all things considered.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
hanafudaX said:
This title reached No 11 in the JPN game sales chart for the week.

No firm figures yet, but it is safe to say it sold between 30,000 and 36,000 copies. Pretty good going all things considered.

That's no surprise as the first MI sold well in Japan as well, surprising many people, but also realizing mainstream fans were waiting for this, but then again KOF 2003 PS2 sold good as well..

So SNK, KOF does have some pull in Japan.

They should take profit of this and go all out on next 2D KOF.[/fanboywish]

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
My impressions so far:
I've played for about three hours and...

It's pretty easy, unless you put it on Maniac level, but then it's so hard it's discouraging.

The stages, the characters, and the overall presentation is really pretty. Leaps and bounds above MI:1. They changed the overall look to a more cartoony/anime feel and it fits the characters much better than trying to be realistic.

The parry button/move adds a whole new dynamic to the gameplay. Honestly, matches last longer and they are sooo much more fun than in the first one. With a good multiplayer you can really have some high-counter matches with intensity and speed. While the title doesn't have the complexity of VF series, or many other 3-D fighters, I think its speedy 2-D pace makes up for it and gives it character.

Being somewhat disappointed at MI, I am extremely pleased with this game. My only complaint is the story and boss character. If they wouldn't make them so goofy, the overall aesthetic of the game would go up, making it a gem. I know it's a dumb thing to care about, but it feels like this is a game that can be taken seriously but it doesn't take itself seriously. MI was a joke, and they knew it, but this game has a bit more to it.

Above all, Richard Meyer rapes yours whole family while you sleep, failing to wake you up. Remember Eddy Gordo in Tekken 3? He's WORSE.
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Oh yeah, strangely enough the KOF Another Day DVD has a dubbed version with english voice acting that really isn't that bad. Strange.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
NeoEsZ said:
Oh yeah, strangely enough the KOF Another Day DVD has a dubbed version with english voice acting that really isn't that bad. Strange.

Hope the dubbed version isn't the only one in the US release.

El Cernex

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
NeoEsZ said:

Kind of weird to bump a month old topic with that. No way you can make audio/video samples?

Oh and don't worry Cernex, both the DVD AND the Game will have Japanese/English options.