KOF Combo discussion

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Anyone got some nice combo's for some KOF favorites? I'm currently playing a lot of KOF97/98 and I'd like some nice combo's for Terry, Kyo, Iori, Benimaru, or pretty much anybody except Chang and Choi. :p

Also if you had some nice combo's that chain into supers, they'd also be appreciated.

I'd like stuff for 97/98, but if you have some nice ones for 2k-2k2 feel free to list em.

Also got any links to some nice combo faq's?

Peace

JHendrix

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
Ralf's Low fierce punch can be instantly connected into any of his DM's except for the G.P, it can also go straight into the Super Argentina Backbreaker. I tend to jump kick in, low fierce into super, works everytime.

<small>[ March 04, 2003, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Plisken ]</small>

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Man, Terry is a demon if you know how to work. I like a jumping in c or d, low a or b (while charging) then let go with a rising tackle. Unless yer playing '96 - '98 where i think terry's rising tackle is a z+p (which makes him too powerful).

With Iori my fave is to let go a qcf+b to throw the flames in close (about 1/4 screen), then a qcb+p to rush in (you can chain this 3x by repeating qcb+p) to do his monkey move or whatever it's called.

I don't know many for kyo but i like to slip in his spinning kick randomly (backwards z+k) and depending on the game he either throws the flame or has the rush with a qcf+p. sometimes you can link qcf+a since they hit pretty fast then finish up with an arc kick (like in '96).

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
If you want a simple combo with Terry that can be chained into a super just use this:

Jump A-D -> C/D -> QCB, HCF + A/C or QCF, QCF + B/D

You can chain in whatever super you want.

(I changed the motion for the Power Geyser since I find it easier to do with a fluid motion)

<small>[ March 04, 2003, 09:31 AM: Message edited by: Average Joe ]</small>

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Some Takuma combos/tactics (98):

1.) Jump-in with DM (one stock)

Jump D -> crouching C -> f+B -> qcf,hcb+A/C

If you do the combo right, the f+B does not knock down. If it does, you can't follow up with the Ryuuko Ranbu, but you could always hop back twice and try a full power f,hcf+P Haou Shikou Ken (hold P for a sec to power-up).

2.) Jump-in without DM

Jump D -> crouching B x2 -> charge db,f+B -> qcb+A/C (or f,b,f+A)

The final f,b,f+A does more damage, but the qcb+A/C is just so stylish...

3.) Yes, Tak is annoying (one stock)

Crouching B x2 -> AB back or hop -> jump CD -> (close) qcfx2+A -> ?

The question mark stands for "any combo". Even if Tak's qcfx2+A does not connect, it opens the block of your opponent. Continue with a normal Zanretsu Ken (f,b,f+A) or a timed Shouran Kyaku (hcb+B).

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Another short Kyokugen combo with Ryo's dragon punch (Kohou) super-cancelled into a Haou Shikou Ken (one stock, the last part also works with Robert):

Jump-B -> hcb+B -> f,d,qcf+C (also works with Robert. Pull it off quickly.)

The qcf after the f,d includes the df which gets buffered. If you do it right, you see the first few frames of Ryo's dragon punch anim, followed by a cancel flash and the Haou Shikou Ken. This doesn't work against all charas, specially if you are too close to your opponent. In this case, the energy ball seems to fly right through him.

If you want to try it with a hcb+D, time it so that only the last hit connects, the distance should be just right for the DM.

A risky combo, but it looks good. :)

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
off the top of my head, with Terry (the man in 97 and 98), jump in C, C (2 hits), forward+ A (2 hits), power charge, rising tackle/power geyser.

Kyo, max pow, jumpin C, stand C, QCF+kick, kick, max orochinagi (hold button), juggle, release.

Leona, in air, jumping D, V-slasher DM/SDM.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
EvilWasabi:
off the top of my head, with Terry (the man in 97 and 98), jump in C, C (2 hits), forward+ A (2 hits), power charge, rising tackle/power geyser.

Kyo, max pow, jumpin C, stand C, QCF+kick, kick, max orochinagi (hold button), juggle, release.

Leona, in air, jumping D, V-slasher DM/SDM.
Will that Kyo combo work outside of MAX mode?

Also, despite my hatred of all things Ikari, I may start trying to use Leona, so thanks for that.

Also thats a nice Terry combo, I appreciate it. :)

Thanks to all who posted, keep em coming guys!

Peace

JHendrix