KOF 2003 MVS Release Date

Tuba

n00b
The best way to improve this game is simple . . . add some teams from other SNK games. It's pretty much an AOF vs. FF game, with Ikari Warriors and Athena. How about some Sam Sho characters? I know it's absurd, but so is Bao. Or a Kizuna Encounter team, this would fit in better.

I would like them to take it to the next level and maybe allow some characters to get old, redraw Terry, Iori, and Kyo. Replace Kaphwan with Jae Hoon and Dong Hwan (yes, it is sad, but we all know Kaphwan is dead). Put Rock in the game. Bring back Eiji and Mr. Big. How about another boss team?
Agreed. The initial idea of KOF was to mix up a bunch of characters from various fighting games and snk did it till KOF2k. 97 had Mary and Yamazaki from FF and 99 had Xiang Fei from Real Bout FF 2. Playmore forgot that and on 2k1 they´ve just added some new crappy characters, they really could add some old FF and AoF characters that haven´t been used yet like Hon Fu, Bob Wilson or Eiji again. And it would be nice to see a Matrimelee and a ROTD team.
Since a new story will begin, Playmore could start a totally new game in the future with Garou characters and maybe old Kyo and Iori.
Doing some better backgrounds and musics is essential, kof 2k1 and 2k2 have awfull backgrounds that look like old SNES Takara neo geo conversions. Playmore showed us on Matrimelee that it can make some nice backgrounds and music.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Tuba:
The best way to improve this game is simple . . . add some teams from other SNK games. It's pretty much an AOF vs. FF game, with Ikari Warriors and Athena. How about some Sam Sho characters? I know it's absurd, but so is Bao. Or a Kizuna Encounter team, this would fit in better.

I would like them to take it to the next level and maybe allow some characters to get old, redraw Terry, Iori, and Kyo. Replace Kaphwan with Jae Hoon and Dong Hwan (yes, it is sad, but we all know Kaphwan is dead). Put Rock in the game. Bring back Eiji and Mr. Big. How about another boss team?
Agreed. The initial idea of KOF was to mix up a bunch of characters from various fighting games and snk did it till KOF2k. 97 had Mary and Yamazaki from FF and 99 had Xiang Fei from Real Bout FF 2. Playmore forgot that and on 2k1 they´ve just added some new crappy characters, they really could add some old FF and AoF characters that haven´t been used yet like Hon Fu, Bob Wilson or Eiji again. And it would be nice to see a Matrimelee and a ROTD team.
Since a new story will begin, Playmore could start a totally new game in the future with Garou characters and maybe old Kyo and Iori.
Doing some better backgrounds and musics is essential, kof 2k1 and 2k2 have awfull backgrounds that look like old SNES Takara neo geo conversions. Playmore showed us on Matrimelee that it can make some nice backgrounds and music.
SNK-P should consider including some characters from Kizuna/World Heroes/Last Blade/Samurai Shodown. All great games with great character design. I must say I was quite satisfied when SNK included King Lion from Kizuna as a striker in KOF '00.

Shinji

Gai's Trainer
ResOGlas:
Tuba:

SNK-P should consider including some characters from Kizuna/World Heroes/Last Blade/Samurai Shodown. All great games with great character design. I must say I was quite satisfied when SNK included King Lion from Kizuna as a striker in KOF '00.
Adding in a few teams for a couple new games would be AWESOME. Do you think maybe Playmore was testing this with SvC (adding in some Sam Sho characters to mostly fast paced hand to hand fighting game)?

EMAGDNIM

Vice's Love Slave
I for one will LOVE to play this...I like a most of the KoF games that were released on the Neo Geo...they all hold a special place in my heart :D LOL...

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
IMHO kof has an identity now

it doesn't need old charas no more

i like if they add new chara like they did in 2001

they were really cool and playable

kshira

Crazed MVS Addict
I think most diehard SNK fans would prefer some yet unseen(in KOF) classic characters as opposed to new ones. Bring back some the old and make them new is what I say.

Oh, and an older Terry wouldn't be a bad idea either. Has anyone seen pictures of this game yet? If so, where?

<small>[ August 19, 2003, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: kshira ]</small>

neo*geo

Mickey's Coach
they should release king of fighters with the style of kof95 that games rocks and have rock from motw and a secert charecter marco rossi you know he will rock

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
I loved 2K2 and would love to see a ROTD or Matrimelee(sp?) Team as well as a Sengoku Team w/ Kagetsura, but that is probably just me.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
It's all very well saying add new teams from games like Fuun STB, Sengoku etc. but then it wouldn't really be KoF would it?

Traditionally KoF teams are made up of KoF exclusive characters or characters from the Fatal fury and AoF series.

Thers's still plenty of new koF debutants available - eg. Duck King, Rick, B. Jennet, Rock etc etc.
And teams and characters that have made few appearances - US sports team, Boss team, Eiji etc.

I would not really welcome a cross over into over Neo•Geo series. Those are the sort things that you should be saved for future installments of SvC.

Either way, the KoF series is exhausted. New backgrounds and music aren't going to improve the series at all. There's little if nothing that needs tweaking in the gameplay (it reached its zenith with KoF '98 anyway).

They need to start redrawing the sprites for starters. Ripping sprites is just plain lazy, and it's so blatant that that is what Eolith are doing it's disgraceful. The koF series needs to end, and then SNK need to sit down and redevelop the structure into a new format... that they can milk for another 10 years.... :rolleyes:

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
After seeing SvC it's quite obvious that if SNKP takes the time to re-draw the characters the game could look absolutely AMAZING!

As for new characters, I'm rather happy with a good amount of the additions that they've put in character wise lately (ok so I'm an Angel fanboy, fuck off wink ).

Reguardless I'd like them go back to more of a fantasy based story like they had in 94-97 where the characters are a bit more out of the ordinary as opposed to the NESTS storyline in 99-2k1 where they were a bit more gritty and realistic (read: SciFi).

The series can use a very good update but I'd hardly call it dead. Just pray to god they don't put in some shitty BC mode again this year... oh_no

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
if snkp really wanted to make the KoF series fresh and somewhat "new" again, they could make something like "the king of fighters GAIDEN 2003" meaning a side story for KoF. something were kyo kusanagi and iori yagami are now much much older (like takuma sakazaki age) and are now grand masters of their learned martial art and would now be the end bosses of this new series. this would be the "excuse" that they can lay out to develop all new characters from scratch, brand new sprites, with some of these characters somewhat related, directly or indirectly to the old KoF characters we now play with. rock howard will of course be there, kim dong hwan and kim jae hun will be there as well. andy bogard and mai shiranui finally produced an off-spring and is now grown enough to enter this tournament. designers of the series can have an opportunity to spring off so many ideas and "spins" to the old KoF formula and introduce refreshed ideas to incorporate into a "side story" or "gaiden" type of KoF.

they still could develop the old KoF yearly as intended, then simultaneously develop this KoF variation game on the side and finish its development in say five yrs? that way they could offer fams like us a KoF game on a refreshed state.

what do you guys think? wink

J_Hendrix

Mr. Big's Thug
Ilovejapangirls:
IMHO kof has an identity now

it doesn't need old charas no more

i like if they add new chara like they did in 2001

they were really cool and playable
I agreed with this guy! SNK PLAYMORE........MAJOR CHANGE PLEASE!!!

WE WANT:
New and more characters, like from kof2001.
New fresh backgrounds, like from SVC quality.
Bring back that 4 vs 4 gameplay from kof2001.
Change IORI´s outfit for fucking sake! blow_top
New main characters! Something to rival against K or k9999 (hell, k9999 and K are already rivals make_fac )
New story, after kof2001.

It´s weird but I hope you agreed with me guys!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Tarma:
It's all very well saying add new teams from games like Fuun STB, Sengoku etc. but then it wouldn't really be KoF would it?

Traditionally KoF teams are made up of KoF exclusive characters or characters from the Fatal fury and AoF series.

Thers's still plenty of new koF debutants available - eg. Duck King, Rick, B. Jennet, Rock etc etc.
And teams and characters that have made few appearances - US sports team, Boss team, Eiji etc.

I would not really welcome a cross over into over Neo•Geo series. Those are the sort things that you should be saved for future installments of SvC.

Either way, the KoF series is exhausted. New backgrounds and music aren't going to improve the series at all. There's little if nothing that needs tweaking in the gameplay (it reached its zenith with KoF '98 anyway).

They need to start redrawing the sprites for starters. Ripping sprites is just plain lazy, and it's so blatant that that is what Eolith are doing it's disgraceful. The koF series needs to end, and then SNK need to sit down and redevelop the structure into a new format... that they can milk for another 10 years.... :rolleyes:
/\/\/\C'mon now, don't resist change. In KOF 2000 it was obvious SNK wanted to take some chances as it had stikers from all over the SNK universe. Besides, you forgot to include the Ikari and Psycho Soldiers (Athena) teams.

It makes sense to use some other teams, especially Kizuna, which doesn't take place in the past. Might as well add in Metal Slug while we're at it.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I like a lot of these ideas. Change is good. We've had so many years of great KOFs that I tend to think of things a bit differently. I welcome whatever changes they might come up with, even if they are drastic in certain ways. I tend to look at things like, If I wanted to play another KOF 98, then I'll go back and play KOF 98. If they stop using Takuma. No problem. He's not dead. He maybe my old best character, but I got plenty of games I can pick up if I want to play him again. It'll also finally force me to find a new best character to use. While 2002 was a major change for him, the problem was, he still became my best. Crazy huh? There's just something about his combination of offense and an autoguard move, or two, and some devious ways to punish turtlers that I jive with.

Mark of the Wolves was good proof that they can rewrite a game, change a majority of the cast, and come up with something people love. It's amazing how well people clinged to the new cast after seeing so many old faves get wiped off the pallette. Though I really also love the idea of giving some love to the neglected characters not previously used in KOF. Plenty of resources there, and would make the transition all the more easier. If not, perhaps borrow actions from those neglected ones into a new character. Kind of like how Eiji got cannibalized by Mature. And the various MOTW characters that borrowed moves from various other SNK-owned faves in combination with their own.

<small>[ August 19, 2003, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Kirk Foiden ]</small>

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Dont hold your breath, i heard it will be a dreamcast exculsive, knowing how dumb playmore are when it comes to loyalty.

hehe :p

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
the roker:
Tarma:

/\/\/\C'mon now, don't resist change. In KOF 2000 it was obvious SNK wanted to take some chances as it had stikers from all over the SNK universe. Besides, you forgot to include the Ikari and Psycho Soldiers (Athena) teams.

It makes sense to use some other teams, especially Kizuna, which doesn't take place in the past. Might as well add in Metal Slug while we're at it.
Need I remind you that neither Psycho Soldier nor Ikari Warriors are Neo•Geo games.
Both produced by SNK, yes, but they're not Neo•Geo games.

Strikers were rubbish, and basically it was a cheap and quick way for SNK to produce so many Strikers for the main characters as far as KoF 2K goes.

If you want to see all these changes then, why would this not be a good time for SNK to go back to the drawing board for a totally new series?

Emperor of Brawlers perhaps?

how about the politically correct - Dictators of Anti-Social Behaviour?