KOF 2003 loke test report

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
kernow said:
Its cool I suppose that a tag feature is in, but Amano, its hardly revolutionary, I mean, what else could they have done by manipulating the main engine a little. not much.

Nice art though

I know it is hardly revolutionary in fighting games, we've seen it many times, but it still is totally new in a KoF. Much newer than that Striker bullshit they put as a "new" think in 99, which was, anyway, copied from MvsC.

OK, so it is almost like MvsC2, only that you can only do it when the light is on (I'm wondering what it is based on), and still we need to know if you can choose who of the other 2 fighters you call.

KOF_FANATIK

Astra Superstar
Well at least...............

It's different,which is a good thing.

That tag nonsense is ok i guess.

So how does Athena look?
Is the Buster Wolf as flashy as MOTW or shitty as SVC?

Also any cameo's by past SNK characters, plus secret Characters?

On thursday tell us if anyone has gotten to any of the bosses?

And last thing did you see the intro?:p

Hey beelzebuble...thanks for the info, you are doing a really great job!:buttrock: :buttrock:

Hey, what you think about the balance of the game? i hope the juggle and the new tag system, don't kill the game like the strikers in 2000 ( i really hate them)

What you think about this? the game looks unbalanced or something?..

sorry my poor english..

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Since everyone else is asking questions, I might as well...

hey beelze, what brand of condoms do you use?

thanks.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
i just checked. the brand is jex.. its a japanese condom company..

athenas outfits is like a mini skirt and tank top from memory with a stripe around the lower part of each... i only glimpsed her though so ill have to confirm..

to early to say whether the game is cheap.. seemed pretty tight based on priorities and the like that i saw though..

Vegetto

n00b
Hi There..

Thanks for the Info Beez...

I also had a question concerning Yamazaki....

I noticed from the Movelist sheet that had been released and scanned up that Yamazaki has a "Raging Demon" type motion for 1 of his Supers...Do you have any info on this?? Is it possible thats just a new motion for his HSDM from KOF2K2...

Also do you know if he still has the Drill super or the Guillotine Super..

Did you see any new win poses or intro against certain characters with him..

Thanks again.

bluSmurf

Kuroko's Training Dummy
What the fuck man!? Athena gets a make over every fucken year, and Iori doesn't even get new moves at least? It's bad enough he had that outfit for like 10 years now.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
bluSmurf said:
What the fuck man!? Athena gets a make over every fucken year, and Iori doesn't even get new moves at least? It's bad enough he had that outfit for like 10 years now.

I still say that Athena is the heart of SNK Playmore... for one, I am almost sure they named themselves after the game Athena, the original SNK game. When you die she speaks "Playmore" ;) Then, she gets the make over in the KOFs... becomes God in SvC, etc... She really is Playmore's favorite.

-Nick

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
bluSmurf said:

Athena is a girl and Iori is not... who goes shopping more often? :rolleyes:

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Does kyo have a bandana? did iori get his grin back? How does the new hero play? Does iori still wear the same thing? Does Kim play like in 2k2?

Alex0916

Bling kills, but...,
nruva said:
I still say that Athena is the heart of SNK Playmore... for one, I am almost sure they named themselves after the game Athena, the original SNK game. When you die she speaks "Playmore" ;) Then, she gets the make over in the KOFs... becomes God in SvC, etc... She really is Playmore's favorite.

-Nick
I was starting to notice that myself she is what Chun Li is to capcom.

Moriya

Cheng's Errand Boy
beelzebubble said:
yama looks slimmer and buffer with a really well defined chest.. all his movement looks tweaked and he has the dagger super i think where his arms go like an octopus (like lins super) and he whips the oppenent as they are lying on the ground.. looks cool..

Isn't that his KOF2002 HSDM?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Rumors say there's a radical change in Iori's outfit. The moon eclipse symbol attached on his back is now changed with the writing 'since 1995'.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Shito said:
Rumors say there's a radical change in Iori's outfit. The moon eclipse symbol attached on his back is now changed with the writing 'since 1995'.

Are you serious? :spock: Does this mean we can expect his WHOLE HEAD animations to be finally changed? I can't wait to see this game in motion!

Spike

bluSmurf

Kuroko's Training Dummy
They are just fucken abusing Athena. Every fucken year she is completely redrawn. But they only add a move or a new DM to Iori after sacrificing half the shit he had. Honestly, Iori is the most fucken boring character in the fucken game. Nothing new at all. I kinda liked what they did to him in 2001 because everything connects. Plus you have 3 options after qcb + p twice. But they had to take that shit off .. SNKP sucks dick

Kudos For The KOF 2003 Loke Test, Bezzlebubble!

Thanks for going out of your way to get all this info, beezlebubble! I've got a few questions:

1) Is Hinako any better than she was in KOF 2000/01 (i.e. has she gotten any better, or does she still suck)?

2) Do any KOF characters appear in any of the BGs?

3) Were they handing out any free goodies at the loke test?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
the tag system is ala rotd or mvc2 though you need the tag light to be flashing to tag.. if it is though you come in.. (without an attack from memory) ill check out in more detail the exact workings of it this week.. i didnt pay attention to whether you have invincible landing frames or not etc..
What causes the tag light to come on? Is it a special "tag area", like in Kizuna...?

geekabilly

Mickey's Coach
This is looking awesome.. any news on the release date?? Also i don't know if it was answered yet.. are the MOTW fighters just rips? Or do they have new frames or a KOF makeover?:p

Athena is Playmore's new Fetish.

I never got into KOF (never had the opportunity really) but I'll say that I am intrigued in this edition of KOF2k3. Thanks Beez for your reports!

Greedo

Zero's Secretary
273_1.jpg

276_1.jpg

277_1.jpg

245_1.jpg

More pictures HERE :buttrock: