KOF' 2003 first screen ? (maybe)

BarfHappy

NAM-75 Vet
well everything is "sprites" for neo even the backgrounds "straps" are made of sprites :)
There are games which use a special technique, it s to use sprite over another one to visualy increase the number of colors by block (say one with a set of colors and over it another one with other colors and transparent pixels to see through them the one underneath).
it has been used on some games for introductions and such, but the problem is that the neogeo doesn t allow unlimited sprites on screen, and i guess you would be too short on them to allow a full screen logo drawn this way with nice shade.
Btw even for 16x16 tiles you are limited to 1 palette and still have the 8x8 4 colors limit
I maybe wrong though, it s quite far and i ve not checked on the net :)
[edit]
err... seems that one can use more than 4 colors per 8x8 block... i guess i forgot my constraints ^^; i had a hell of time to make descent shaded background that s all i remember
sorry for the wrong info~

Last edited:

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
here is another screen:

1609_1.jpg

Real or Fake?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Fake

Gai is from SNK's 3D fighter Buriki One, which was on the HNG64.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
gozu+mezu said:
and in one post titled with KOF' 2003 there is a Gai Tendou art, that this indicate that Gai is in KOF' 2003? Hope so.

Tendou? That was the name of the guy in the Arcadia hypothesized 'Hyper 64 Team'.

It would be awesome if it were true, but again at this point it's all speculation.

tsukaesugi

Fygee said:
Fake

Gai is from SNK's 3D fighter Buriki One, which was on the HNG64.

This month's Arcadia magazine only confirmed the South Town Team, but they also speculated about two teams... a 'Weapons Fighter Team', and a 'Hyper 64 Team'.

The hypothesized 'Weapons' members were Akari, Galford, and Kim Sue Il, and the hypothesized 'Hyper' members were Tendou, a girl from Fatal Fury Wild Ambition (Tsugumi?), and the mid-boss from Asura Zanmaden.

The only three contemporary characters from the six mentioned are Tendou, Kim, and the FFWA girl.

Who knows... they may make it in.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The hypothesized 'Weapons' members were Akari, Galford, and Kim Sue Il, and the hypothesized 'Hyper' members were Tendou, a girl from Fatal Fury Wild Ambition (Tsugumi?), and the mid-boss from Asura Zanmaden.

Well, that'd definetely fuck up the storyline and timeline, so I highly doubt it will happen, cool as it would be to finally have Gandara in 2D.

DN3000

n00b
What da hell?! This is KOF. Any SS/LB characters shouldn't be there (time travel = no, no)!

KOF should consist of characters from: Fatal fury, AOF, Ikari warriors, psychic soldiers and buriki one. The only way they could bring in SS/LB character if they are future descendants from the original cast.

Weapons team? how about: Mr.big, Eiji, Billy cane, Yamazaki, that girl from FFWA and hon fu.
Hyper 64 team? how about Toji, gai and raiden

tsukaesugi

Fygee said:
Well, that'd definetely fuck up the storyline and timeline, so I highly doubt it will happen, cool as it would be to finally have Gandara in 2D.

Sorry, I didn't make my last post clear...

I don't think they'd be screwing around with the timeline either, it's OK in games with no real story like SVC, or MVC, but not KOF.

What I meant is the three contemporary charcaters might make it in.

I think the Arcadia people know more than they're telling, they probably already know which new charcaters (if any) are appearing, and they're just teasing the audience by including Galford etc.

The only three contemporary characters from the six mentioned are Tendou, Kim, and the FFWA girl.

DN3000

n00b
TSUGUMI SENDO
XIANGFEI LI
DUCK KING
GAI TENDOU
TOJI

= New entrees?

Sinse this is a new era do you reckon the'll get rid of all nests related characters i.e K' whip, maxima, kula, vanessa, seth, ramon, k9999 and angel?

Will this be snkp chance to introduce a new roster while keeping some of the old cast e.g. Kyo, iori, kim, benimaru, AOF team, Ikari etc

Will they introduce the characters form the KOF 3D game?

Needs answers dammitt!!:blow_top:

gozu+mezu

Morden's Lackey
from the 2001 endings here are the characters that will definitively be in: K', Kula, K9999, Angel, Lin, Shingo, plus Terry, Joe, and Tizoc.

the one that are probable to be in: Whip, Diana, May lee, Bao, Ron.

i'm with you tsukaesugi, Arcadia magazine guys know more that what they says, and i think that talking about Kim Sue Il, Tsugumi Sendo, and Gai Tendou isn't just a coincidence. Also Kim sue il is in KOF' 2002 tailande background, and in Kim Kaphwan's SVC CHAOS ending, i think that Snkplaymore want to bring back some chars of Fu'un Ken roster. and that rocks a lot :buttrock:

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I wish Duck King would appear in KOF! ;)

That would rock.

Bring Rick in also.

TB@SNK-Capcom

Quiz Detective
I think they are fakes too. I think first they are going to show the roster list before they release the videos, and that Iori design was done before he was even introduced to a game.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
tsukaesugi said:
This month's Arcadia magazine only confirmed the South Town Team, but they also speculated about two teams... a 'Weapons Fighter Team', and a 'Hyper 64 Team'.

I hate Akari, she's not even cool. :mad:

the_colonel

Fio's Quartermaster
How about Rody birts (i don't know if the spelling of his name is right) from aof3 to maybe fit into the weopons fighter team.

Moriya

Cheng's Errand Boy
bluSmurf said:
That background looks so damn cool. I wish it was real

Maybe it is... I don't recall seeing that background ever before... although it could be (and probably is) a really well done fake...