KOF 2000/2001 not censored in Europe

Sigma

n00b
The European version of the compilation The King of Fighters 2000/2001 will not be censored, contrary to the American version.
Ignition let know that blood would run with floods and that the chests of heroins would rebound merrily, in accordance with the laws of gravity !
The game will also propose the 60 Hz mode, to avoid the syndrome of the black bands and the shamelessly slowed down play. Just remember that KOF 2000/2001 is planned for November 2004 on PS2/Xbox.

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
This is good news, especially the 60hz option. Ignition seem to have a sweet deal with Playmore. Europe is getting a way better deal than the US for once, what with this and MS3 for PS2 etc.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Where did you hear this from?

Does anyone have some good, solid, release schedule-links (Europe)? I'd just like to check out whta's going on with the KoF 02/03 and Slug 4/5 packs.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
has anyone seen the cover art for the euro snk releases? wow. Metal Slug 3 is very similar to the home cart, and the double pack is crammed full of shinkiro goodness.

Vince2K

Crazed MVS Addict
Ignition rulz! A friend of mine has been to the Gamestars Live event in London. He bring me back some goodies, such as flyers, cards, phone straps, and all the artworks on those is simply awesome.

But most important, he spend a lot of time talking with Ignition (one of the main director is coming from Rockstar Europe :buttrock: ), about upcoming games such as Mercury (PSP lauch title)...

This company seems to be honest in its desire of making the SNK line up in Europe as good as possible...and even more.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Well, that's one good thing to hear for European costumers, since we're always the last ones to get game releases (if we ever get them...) and running at 50Hz.

[OCEAN]

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Sigma said:
Just remember that KOF 2000/2001 is planned for November 2004 on PS2/Xbox.

I fail to see what's good about an almost 5-year-old game being released now. About 2 people other than the non-Neo owners on this site will buy it. Anyone with any sense would have imported years back or bought the MVS/AES versions. Europe is still getting a bad deal. Why do you fail to see this?

Vince2K

Crazed MVS Addict
'cuz KOF 2003, Metal Slug 5, and more are coming next... with always 60Hz, decent packshots, and affordable price. :buttrock:

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Vince2K said:
'cuz KOF 2003, Metal Slug 5, and more are coming next... with always 60Hz, decent packshots, and affordable price. :buttrock:

You make no sense. Was that an answer to my question? Always 60hz? Ha ha ha. I've had that option since 1990. You think its good that you get it 14 years later?

Vince2K

Crazed MVS Addict
What is your point about?

I just find amazing that, at least, a company make a good job about conversion in Europe. As for me, i don't need it, cuz i have an aes and 83 games. But i'm just not narrow minded enough to think that share Neo games with other system owners, even so late, is stupid.

Period.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Vince2K said:
What is your point about?

I just find amazing that, at least, a company make a good job about conversion in Europe. As for me, i don't need it, cuz i have an aes and 83 games. But i'm just not narrow minded enough to think that share Neo games with other system owners, even so late, is stupid.

Period.

My point is that idiots are creaming their pants over an almost 5-year-old game, which has the 60hz option. This is standard fare for the majority of the users on this board. I'm fine with Neo games being ported to other consoles. 60hz should have been standard since 1994 as far as I'm concerned. It isn't hard to do.

Dio_Brando

Edo Express Delivery Guy
J0e Musashi said:
My point is that idiots are creaming their pants over an almost 5-year-old game, which has the 60hz option. This is standard fare for the majority of the users on this board. I'm fine with Neo games being ported to other consoles. 60hz should have been standard since 1994 as far as I'm concerned. It isn't hard to do.

I didn´t know games had expirations dates. Oh no, it´s old! We can´t enjoy it anymore! Quick, grab the 2002/2003 pack!

:oh_no:

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Dio_Brando said:
I didn´t know games had expirations dates. Oh no, it´s old! We can´t enjoy it anymore! Quick, grab the 2002/2003 pack!

:oh_no:

If you had cared to read my posts you would have found that I had more of a problem with the 60hz thing than the age of the game. You're not English so I'll let you off.

Last edited:

Baseley09

Hair Group,
J0e Musashi said:
If you had cared to read my posts you would have found that I had more of a problem with the 60hz thing than the age of the game. You're not English so I'll let you off.

Not all of us are such tarts that every machine we own is foreign.

Some of us still like to do normal things like go to town into real shops and pick up games for our pal PS2's.

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
J0e Musashi said:
I fail to see what's good about an almost 5-year-old game being released now. About 2 people other than the non-Neo owners on this site will buy it. Anyone with any sense would have imported years back or bought the MVS/AES versions. Europe is still getting a bad deal. Why do you fail to see this?

What a retard.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Tony_N said:
What a retard.

Please back up your comment as I fail to see how Europe is getting a good deal. If somebody can actually explain it to me I may change my opinion. Until that time I consider you all to be retards.

Vince2K

Crazed MVS Addict
30 euros for a good port of KOF 00 an 01 is a bad deal? Ok, i'm a retard.

A company making real efforts to give Neo titles good ports? Ok i'm a retard.

Every future SNK s on XBox in Erope with Live support? Ok i'm a retard.

what else?? :loco:

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
30 euros for a good port of KOF 00 an 01 is a bad deal?
It's a 5-year-old game, it couldn't be priced at £40 anyway. Same as SSF2X.

A company making real efforts to give Neo titles good ports?
After 14 years? Greaaaaaaaaaaat.

Every future SNK s on XBox in Erope with Live support?
You don't have real friends to come over to your house and play? Live support means little to nothing to me.

what else??
Nothing I have an AES and an MVS. I don't even know why I'm entertaining this.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
J0e Musashi said:
My point is that idiots are creaming their pants over an almost 5-year-old game, which has the 60hz option.

No, "idiots" are "creaming their pants" for TWO games (which are 4 and 3 yrs. old, BTW), which have not seen a european release before. And now they are both here, for the price of half. It's true, you are a retard.

I know several people here in Finland that'll buy it instantly.

barf

Maxima's Barber
This is a good thing for those who don t have the games yet.

And age is nothing
i still enjoy playing joust, and that game is 22 years old...

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
finngamer said:
No, "idiots" are "creaming their pants" for TWO games (which are 4 and 3 yrs. old, BTW), which have not seen a european release before. And now they are both here, for the price of half. It's true, you are a retard.

I know several people here in Finland that'll buy it instantly.

I see where the hostility lies now. You people obviously do not own Neo Geo hardware, which is why you are excited. I've owned both of these games for a great while. It matters little to me that they are being released for mainstream consoles now. The age of the games was not what my rant was about. I'm more concerned about the 60hz option, which I beleive should be standard in ALL games.
To each his own I guess, sorry if I offended anybody. Seeing as I'm not likely to meet 99% of the users on this board I really don't care.

Last edited:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
J0e Musashi said:
I see where the hostility lies now. You people obviously do not own Neo Geo hardware, which is why you are excited. I've owned both of these games for a great while. It matters little to me that they are being released for mainstream consoles now. The age of the games was not what my rant was about. I'm more concerned about the 60hz option, which I beleive should be standard in ALL games.
To each his own I guess, sorry if I offended anybody. Seeing as I'm not likely to meet 99% of the users on this board I really don't care.

Oh, you're trying to play the Big Tymer card, eh?

Well, I do own an AES and a 6-slot MVS cab. I have KoFs '94, '95 and 2002, and I'll collect all 10 of them eventually. I couldn't give a rats ass about some ports. Although I do agree with you, that the thread starter propably doesn't have "the real deal". (if you do, Sigma, I'm sorry)

But like I said, many people I know (who naturally don't have Neo-Geos) are really looking forward to this, for the reasons I stated in my previous post. In addition, some people here are so completist, that they want to own even the ports of SNK games. For the sake of completion or for the possible extras the ports hold. So, your objection to this fine release is retarded.

And about the 60 hz... Even my Euro AES doesn't have 60 hz. What's your point? Sure it SHOULD be in every game, and KoF 2000/2001 has it, so what's the problem here?

Last edited:

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
No Big Tymer here. I think there has been some confusion over people not already owning the games. I own all 10 MVS KOF games. I do think its good that the European release is not censored. I'm not objecting to the release either. I just found it strange that people were excited about it, but the points that have been stated have opened my eyes as to why they are.
I hope all of the non-Neo owning users of this site have a great deal of fun with the two games. My point with the 60 hz thing is that all games should have it nowadays. I know that the PAL Neos do not have 60hz, but any game nowadays should include it as standard. It should not be a special feature. I didn't like how people are all "and it has 60hz and everything".

Last edited:

Baseley09

Hair Group,
J0e Musashi said:
No Big Tymer here. I think there has been some confusion over people not already owning the games. I own all 10 MVS KOF games. I do think its good that the European release is not censored. I'm not objecting to the release either. I just found it strange that people were excited about it, but the points that have been stated have opened my eyes as to why they are.
I hope all of the non-Neo owning users of this site have a great deal of fun with the two games. My point with the 60 hz thing is that all games should have it nowadays. I know that the PAL Neos do not have 60hz, but any game nowadays should include it as standard. It should not be a special feature. I didn't like how people are all "and it has 60hz and everything".

Don't blame the people who want this game and are "thrilled" it will be 60hz.

Not all games are as you know, this is a treat that it is 60hz, blame the developers.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,

I've been here longer than you and have a bigger postcount, this makes me better than you .

Be quiet with your child-like mentality, mr. mushashi .