KOF 10th site has a ENGLISH section!

AztekNinja

Fire Starter, Instigator, the guy from RE5
For all you guys who haven't checked it out, the site has a english section with interesting stuff to find out.

www.kof10th.com

I like the inside stories for characters section, when you choose a character. Really gives you an idea of what the designers (and original SNK) thought when they created your favorite character.

Curt

apostate
The last line or so for Benimaru is hilarious...

This character was loosely based on a comic book character, and even after the name of Benimaru was decided on, game developers gave the poor guy an identity crisis by continuing to call him by the comic book character's name. The voice for this character, too, had a peculiar bent to it, and when Benimaru's designer heard his creation's victory line of "Thank you." recited for the first time, rumor has it that he couldn't work for days after: the reading had nothing to do with the character's original image. His speech patterns have led some to question Benimaru's preferences as far as certain lifestyles are concerned. All we have to say is: It's not what you think. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
They are updating that site every Thursday with info on a new KoF (currently up to 97) and a new team (currently Ikari team).

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
The only thing that sucks about the English section of the website is that the character pages lack the information about the voice actors. Underneath each year's portrait of the character on their page is the name of the VA for that year; unfortunately, SNKP decided this information was only important for the Japanese section of the site and not the English. Oh well.

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Nice setup but I'm disappointed with the amount of actual information.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
squareh4t3r said:
unfortunately, SNKP decided this information was only important for the Japanese section of the site and not the English. Oh well.

Please tell me ONE SNKP's good decision ;)

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
It's a ENGRISH section I must say. Or my english is really that bad, or the Yuri profile simply doesn't make sense.

And about Terry: it says that he have a special care from the designers. What a laugh! Using 94 sprite frames until 2002! :rolleyes:

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
One thing that is nice, is that they've brought back the good ol' Team stories. Of course, it's only up to 97, so far, but I lost quite a bit of them and had to resort to memory when it came to describing stuff about KOF. If anybody remembers, one thing I did when I first came to the forums was to recite minute details of the entire orochi saga, in one or two big posts. Even to how the story controlled background decisions, certain music changes, etc. It's good to be able to grab the old team stories I lost and throw them back into the databanks. :) :)

Me thinks I should permanently store them in my Oracle database or something. :) :)

Kind of funny how each end of a KOF series gets the general *blah* in the music section, given they seem to go with music designed more for atmosphere than ...er.....music. From the general crowd jeers and background noises of 97's broadcast KOF popularity, to the drone techno tunes of KOF 2001's technological/clone nightmare.

And, by the way, the Terry descriptiong IS for KOF 94. Notice that they have exactly one description for each character (no matter what year you pick), and it basically only talks about their introduction to the series. It doesn't focus on their development during the series.

Last edited:

sQuareh4t3r

Verythrax said:
It's a ENGRISH section I must say. Or my english is really that bad, or the Yuri profile simply doesn't make sense.

And about Terry: it says that he have a special care from the designers. What a laugh! Using 94 sprite frames until 2002! :rolleyes:
You English must just really be that bad. The Yuri profile makes perfect sense; the only iffy part is where they say "replacing her with Big Bear", which should obviously be "replacing Big Bear with her". In fact, I would venture to say this website's English is the most coherent and understandable to ever come out of something SNK-related. Rock on.

AztekNinja

squareh4t3r said:
The only thing that sucks about the English section of the website is that the character pages lack the information about the voice actors. Underneath each year's portrait of the character on their page is the name of the VA for that year; unfortunately, SNKP decided this information was only important for the Japanese section of the site and not the English. Oh well.

I'm sorry but im with SNK/Neo-Geo on this. I(and a whole bunch of arcade players) don't care who the voice actors are, that is a good move on SNKNG's part. The japanese are more into that whole pop idol, voice actor crap. I would rather have a design commentary of each year, to know what they wanted to do with a certain character every year. Like what did they want to achieve for this character this year.

sQuareh4t3r

AztekNinja said:
I'm sorry but im with SNK/Neo-Geo on this. I(and a whole bunch of arcade players) don't care who the voice actors are, that is a good move on SNKNG's part. The japanese are more into that whole pop idol, voice actor crap. I would rather have a design commentary of each year, to know what they wanted to do with a certain character every year. Like what did they want to achieve for this character this year.
But unfortunately, the commentary is not from year to year, it's simply from the time period from when the character was introduced into the series. As such, the English section of the site looks pretty sparse, and adding that information would have fleshed it out a bit. Also, I wouldn't chalk up that omission to an understanding of differences in culture by SNKP, either; I am sure it was simply a matter of laziness on their part, nothing more.

AztekNinja

squareh4t3r said:
But unfortunately, the commentary is not from year to year, it's simply from the time period from when the character was introduced into the series. As such, the English section of the site looks pretty sparse, and adding that information would have fleshed it out a bit. Also, I wouldn't chalk up that omission to an understanding of differences in culture by SNKP, either; I am sure it was simply a matter of laziness on their part, nothing more.

I agree on the last part, motherfuckers still think censoring is the way to go here in the U.S of A.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
squareh4t3r said:
You English must just really be that bad. The Yuri profile makes perfect sense; the only iffy part is where they say "replacing her with Big Bear", which should obviously be "replacing Big Bear with her". In fact, I would venture to say this website's English is the most coherent and understandable to ever come out of something SNK-related. Rock on.

I was talking about that part, exactly.

sQuareh4t3r

Verythrax said:
I was talking about that part, exactly.
Yeah, but that's a mistake that you see native English speakers make all the time; it's just an oversight and nothing more. If you actually take all of the writing and grammar into account, it's very cohesive and not at all what you would expect from SNK(P).

AztekNinja

They have added a comments section to the site. The first interview is with Eiji Shiro, who was involved with a whole bunch of SNK games. He now works for CAPCOM. Check out the interview its pretty funny and interesting to know what a great such as him is thinking.

Yuri-chan

Armored Scrum Object
I've checked it out a few times myself. They really provided in depth information and I thought it was a really good site for the history of KOF. I totally loved the KOF intros this included too, it really brings back so many old memories. They've also been updating it adding new profiles which I think is really cool. :)

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
It's a very informative site. I learned even more about my Billy along with the Secretaries.

Now to wait for Eiji and Ramon... >:D

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
CurtWRX said:
The last line or so for Benimaru is hilarious...

Beni is based upon Jean-Pierre Polnareff (Jojo Kimyouna Bouken) and Smith Toren (Top wo Nerae - GunBuster). MOst notciably, many of his moves names direcly come from Gunbuster attacks (super inazuma kick, buster koreda, etc)