Kobe Bryant Dead in a Helicopter Crash

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Who touched you Fami?

RIP Kobe

Mr. Asperger.

Wasn't a fan of the man's game but he was a tremendous ambassador for the sport and leaves behind a wife and three girls. They deserve sympathy if nothing else.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Didnt care for the person or the player...Hated him so much, the only thing I cared about his game was that he knew how to put the dagger in the heart, just like mj. sad for the 4 people, especially for the child. Wife probably bitter sweet, losing a daughter but no longer a prisoner of a scumbag husband.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
It was actually eight other people with him, not four as previously reported.

That's the worst part.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Apparently the pilot was trying to outrun the weather when they crashed.

Pilot has brought shame to his family for a generation.

Pilot's kid or grandkids go to school, all the others will say, "yeah his dad/grandpa killed Kobe."

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
It was actually eight other people with him, not four as previously reported.

That's the worst part.
I heard an updated article with this figure as well. Not a basketball fan of any measure, but also not going to jump on any hero/rapist bandwagons. :lolz:

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Pilot has brought shame to his family for a generation.

Pilot's kid or grandkids go to school, all the others will say, "yeah his dad/grandpa killed Kobe."

'Get-there-itis' was probably their downfall. Any crash where weather is a factor, that's usually the significant component. This can be pressure either from the passengers, or self-induced by the pilot.

Burning Blade

Crazed MVS Addict
The NBA killed Kobe to draw attention away from the news disaster of China’s latest plague. People are dropping dead all over now, as the plague spread to Japan, Australia, Kazakhstan, and India, as well as US and France. China did this to get breathing room.

Are you sure it wasn’t Kevin Sullivan?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Part of it was me trying to bait known rapist superfan HDR into a stupid post, part of it was me generally being frustrated that everybody pretends rapists and murderers were great dudes right after they die. MJ, Jimmy Snuka, Kobe, Ted Kennedy, pretty much any president, etc.

It's been worse than usual with this one, IMO. The general media reaction has been to utterly deify the guy to a level I've never seen.

Definitely sorry for his wife and daughters though.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
They say he was a great father. Always went to school functions, made sure their backpacks were ready for school, helped them with their homework, wouldn't hesitate to call the teacher if he thought his kid should have gotten a better grade.

To me, that sounds like he was a bit of a helicopter parent.

Are you sure it wasn’t Kevin Sullivan?

That was Dark Andy, not Dark Wasabi.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Here we go, blaming Kevin Sullivan for deaths/murders. Again.

Ridiculous

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
They say he was a great father. Always went to school functions, made sure their backpacks were ready for school, helped them with their homework, wouldn't hesitate to call the teacher if he thought his kid should have gotten a better grade.

Damn!

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
It's been worse than usual with this one, IMO. The general media reaction has been to utterly deify the guy to a level I've never seen.

Definitely sorry for his wife and daughters though.

It's been bizarre in Britain, headline news with updates on the hour. No one here knew who he was 36 hours ago, now we're being told how much he inspired us all.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
He was an outstanding athlete who marked an era, you can't take that away from this particular rapist

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
It's been bizarre in Britain, headline news with updates on the hour. No one here knew who he was 36 hours ago, now we're being told how much he inspired us all.

It's the same here. Although I am a basketball fan and knew who he was, what he did etc it's not like if Michael Jordan died back in the day. Jordan really did transcend basketball, an out and out super star even your grandmother knew who he was. Kobe's impact on the game is undeniable though and it's even more enhanced because he did it under the spotlight in L.A

Will be interesting to see how this now impacts Kobe's legacy in the GOAT debate. Prior to this it was getting to a stage where the argument was between Jordan and Lebron with Kobe somewhere in the top 10 but we know the galvanising effect early death has on a legacy.

Last edited:

Toaster Strudel

back to basics
15 Year Member

That was Dark Andy, not Dark Wasabi.

I agree. I see minimal humping on Kobe's part.