Kizuna Encounter PS2 "Fû-un Super Combo" (21 june)

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
Darkneo said:
Oh Yeah !:buttrock: I can't wait till they release Ninja masters and Rage of The Dragons on the PS2.

I wouldn't hold your breath for ROTD - a) the game was not popular at all over here, and quickly disappeared from the arcades, b) it's not an SNK, SNKP, or even ADK game, and c) there still might be lingering rights issues over the quasi-Double Dragon characters.

It would be great if Ninja Master's got a release, but they'd have to bundle it with something. Er, Gan Gan I guess, cause that's the only other ADK fighter.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
Ports are cheap and allow for games like kizuna to be played by more than a dozen people

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
tsukaesugi said:
You don't like ports?!

Since when?

I must have missed that post.

WHen are you going to sell me your Power Instinct music box? :D

tsukaesugi

SNKJorge said:
WHen are you going to sell me your Power Instinct music box? :D

Heh heh heh NEVER!!!

I love it too much.

I just checked Yahoo Auctions, they didn't have any for sale now, but I'm sure it'll turn up in the future if you keep your eyes open for it.

And if you have either the PS version of PI2, or the Saturn version of Groove on Fight, you can just stick these in your CD player and listen to the same soundtracks that way.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
tsukaesugi said:
I wouldn't hold your breath for ROTD - a) the game was not popular at all over here, and quickly disappeared from the arcades, b) it's not an SNK, SNKP, or even ADK game, and c) there still might be lingering rights issues over the quasi-Double Dragon characters.

It would be great if Ninja Master's got a release, but they'd have to bundle it with something. Er, Gan Gan I guess, cause that's the only other ADK fighter.

too bad they dont include it with WH, since that series pretty much sucked and would have been a little better if they added gan gan but especially ninja masters.

what about a sunsoft collection? waku waku 7 and kabuki clash?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You guys do remember there is a World Heroes collection coming out, right?

Anyways, never played the Savage Reign games, but I always found it a little weird that they're set in the same Fatal Fury (and I guess by association, Art of Fighting) universe, but in the future.

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
I like Kizuna Encounter quite a bit. Graphically impressive at the very least.

So far I've only encountered a handful of truly awful fighters on the Neo, and coincidentally they're all from the same company.

I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count.

Last edited:

tsukaesugi

MUSOLINI said:
too bad they dont include it with WH, since that series pretty much sucked...

Preach on, brother. I've been singing that gospel to the heathens here for years, but alas, their ears are deaf to the truth.

MUSOLINI said:
what about a sunsoft collection? waku waku 7 and kabuki clash?

The thing about ADK (and Nazca, and Saurus IIRC) was that it was an off-shoot of SNK, so all the rights to its games and characters etc. ultimately belong to SNK.

Waku Waku 7 and Galaxy Fight were Sunsoft games, and SNK only licenced them to appear on the MVS and home system platforms. SNK wouldn't own the rights to these - and if there ever was a miraculous compilation of these two games for the PS2 it would be put out by whoever owns the Sunsoft rights now. IIRC the Saturn ports for these two games don't have the Neo-Geo or SNK logo anywhere on them.

It's like say, Capcom's "Final Fight" games for the Super Famicom. You wouldn't expect Nintendo to turn around and publish a "Final Fight Collection" for the PS2.

Kabuki Klash is actually part of a bigger series of RPG's called "Tengai Makyou / Far Eact of Eden". These games are based on a recurring storyline and characters, and again the rights are owned by Hudson.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
tsukaesugi said:
Waku Waku 7 and Galaxy Fight were Sunsoft games, and SNK only licenced them to appear on the MVS and home system platforms. SNK wouldn't own the rights to these - and if there ever was a miraculous compilation of these two games for the PS2 it would be put out by whoever owns the Sunsoft rights now.

Sunsoft is still alive and well in Japan (they only shut down their U.S. and Europe offices). Last I knew, they still hold the rights to all their past games. They make pachinko games and the like now.

tsukaesugi

GeoStigma said:
Sunsoft is still alive and well in Japan (they only shut down their U.S. and Europe offices). Last I knew, they still hold the rights to all their past games. They make pachinko games and the like now.

Well, whaddya know. You're right - just checked their website. Looks like they're making cell phone games too.

I thought they'd long gone extinct along with the likes of Data East.

Thanks for the info.

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
tsukaesugi said:
Kabuki Klash is actually part of a bigger series of RPG's called "Tengai Makyou / Far Eact of Eden". These games are based on a recurring storyline and characters, and again the rights are owned by Hudson.
Tengai Makyou is a brilliant RPG series too btw. If you're into the TG16/Duo/PC Engine scene, you owe it to yourself to check them out.

Maybe if I'm very good, Santa will translate the new port of Tengai Makyou Ziria to 360 into English and put it in my stocking.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
INfintido said:
seriously, why do you want a Ps2 version of it. go buy the MVS version for $25
I'm counting on this being as good if not better than the original and lots of people (not just niche Neo-Geo.com people) will be able to enjoy this game for once. And being anti ports altogether, to me, seems a bit jaded.

E=MC2

FalcomAdol said:
Tengai Makyou is a brilliant RPG series too btw. If you're into the TG16/Duo/PC Engine scene, you owe it to yourself to check them out.

Maybe if I'm very good, Santa will translate the new port of Tengai Makyou Ziria to 360 into English and put it in my stocking.

i always wanted to dl a pc engine or duo emu so i could play some of these games. i already knew about tengai makyo, it could even be my lil bro had an rpg for it for the ps2 if im not mistaken. but the only fighter of this game was for the neo right?

any help on which emu i should dl for the pc engine or duo emu. also should i dl both or is one better than the other, i that case which is the preferred console to play on? duo or engine or tg16, or are they the same. thanx

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
The two Tengai Makyo RPGs were on SuperCD, so there's no regional lockout on them. If you have a Duo unit or at CD unit with at least a super system card, you're good to go.

Fu'un Kabukiden was also on Turbo (I can't remember if it required the Arcade card or not), but the Neo version is superior, naturally.

I love that hardware, but at the time nothing was really holding a candle to Neo Geo, even though I've heard that the Neo --> PC Engine Arcade CDROM games were not too shabby.

At some point someone decided to make a third RPG for the PS2, but I don't know anything about it. They recently remade the first RPG (Ziria) for 360. The second one is called Manjimaru.

They are very well structured as RPGs, but graphically they're quite old school at this point.

The emulator of choice for PCE is still Magic Engine. IIRC, the guy who wrote it actually licensed the specifications from Hudson and NEC. It does cost money as a result, but it's pretty much perfect in every respect.

E=MC2

FalcomAdol said:
The two Tengai Makyo RPGs were on SuperCD, so there's no regional lockout on them. If you have a Duo unit or at CD unit with at least a super system card, you're good to go.

Fu'un Kabukiden was also on Turbo (I can't remember if it required the Arcade card or not), but the Neo version is superior, naturally.

I love that hardware, but at the time nothing was really holding a candle to Neo Geo, even though I've heard that the Neo --> PC Engine Arcade CDROM games were not too shabby.

At some point someone decided to make a third RPG for the PS2, but I don't know anything about it. They recently remade the first RPG (Ziria) for 360. The second one is called Manjimaru.

They are very well structured as RPGs, but graphically they're quite old school at this point.

The emulator of choice for PCE is still Magic Engine. IIRC, the guy who wrote it actually licensed the specifications from Hudson and NEC. It does cost money as a result, but it's pretty much perfect in every respect.

thanx man. yeah i also asked my lil bro, he was playing the ps2 version of the rpg but hadnt finished it yet. i think theres a big chance i even deleted his save since we had borrowed our second MC to our lil nephew, leaving not enough space for saves so deletion was necessary. to bad for him.

SNKJorge

SnairDogg said:
I'm counting on this being as good if not better than the original and lots of people (not just niche Neo-Geo.com people) will be able to enjoy this game for once. And being anti ports altogether, to me, seems a bit jaded.

It's not like thousands of people are going to rush and buy the game upon
release on the PS2. The people who think they deserve to play every single
game there's on earth have already downloaded the rom.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
SnairDogg said:

It must be a preferance thing, beacuse to me I don't think it will be better than the original. I mean I find it weird that after all this time they just now decided to port it. I really have nothing against ports for the most part, but for games that are so common and easy to get... I say just get the original. we'll see how it turns out though....

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
So

Ryuuko No Ken collection sold well enough we got Gekka no Kenshi collection. That sold well enough that we got not one but two fatal fury collections, a KOF collection, and now this.

From SNKP-Japan's POV, it makes sense to rerelease the two Fu'un games with Online play and on a system that hasn't gone out of production yet.

SNKJorge

In Japan it sells well. Here in the States :tickled:

taitai said:
So

Ryuuko No Ken collection sold well enough we got Gekka no Kenshi collection. That sold well enough that we got not one but two fatal fury collections, a KOF collection, and now this.

From SNKP-Japan's POV, it makes sense to rerelease the two Fu'un games with Online play and on a system that hasn't gone out of production yet.

VinylBoy

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
Awesome news!
I guess I'm going to have to pick up an old PS2 after all... thought I could avoid this system since the beginning, but it looks like I'm going to have to breakdown.