The Rock,
GOD THIS IS WHAT I HAVE MISSED IN THE LAST FEW MONTHS

TEH DRAMA

sometimes this forum makes me laugh

no really it does:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
offers? how about a night with my sister (or brother if your of that "type") ... that's a good offer or so I hear

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

mate you don't know the half of it. take eastenders (I dunno I haven't watched it in years) and multiply it by 10.

BlackSpy

Tsrgoihrea,
20 Year Member
buster_broon said:

TEH DRAMA

Finest six weeks of drama EVAR!!!

When are you next in Edinburgh swabbie?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
buster_broon said:

TEH DRAMA

You should've been here for the KPJ inc drama - that was off teh hizzle.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Please don't start another thread about KPJ....there are already enough of those to go around. Galfordo, when you win the Euro Kizuna, will you send us all a pic of it with you wearing a shirt that says, " A Winnar Iz Me!!!" ?

Phillip

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Bulletnyourass said:
Please don't start another thread about KPJ....there are already enough of those to go around. Galfordo, when you win the Euro Kizuna, will you send us all a pic of it with you wearing a shirt that says, " A Winnar Iz Me!!!" ?

Phillip

He's not going for it ut the shirt is a good idea.:tickled:

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB
Wow, so this is teh drama that's so (in)famous? I don't know which one is wierder, this or ToNK being banned from the SC.com forums for thinking about the Ghostlop ROM's. :loco:
Ah well, for the 11 grand, I'd rather buy all the NISMO parts available for the 350Z. And an AEM intake for said 350Z. And if I have some cash leftover, a Stillen supercharger. Then, all I need is a 350Z... :buttrock:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
can you imagine if the geezer got scammed out of KE?

"I sent him Kizuna Encounter 2 months ago, now where's my 11 large?"

Robert

20 Year Member
I have read the entire thread (What did the mods do with my first post??) and I think that you are comparing two different things: the quality of the game (kizuna) and the value of a cart (an euro kizuna). These two things have nothing in common.
I always take the same exemple to express my point of view. Take a Ferrari 250 GTO. 23 were built and each one worths approx 10 000 000$. For this price you can get 2 enzo, which is a much more performant and sophisticated car.Still, people who want a 250 GTO want it for what it represents; a kind of essence of the ferrari spirit. They don't care if it runs fast (they won't even drive it).
The same for Kizuna, buyers want to get the rarest cart. A kind of legend that few have seen by their own eyes. They don't really care about the game in itself.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Robert said:
I have read the entire thread (What did the mods do with my first post??) and I think that you are comparing two different things: the quality of the game (kizuna) and the value of a cart (an euro kizuna). These two things have nothing in common.
I always take the same exemple to express my point of view. Take a Ferrari 250 GTO. 23 were built and each one worths approx 10 000 000$. For this price you can get 2 enzo, which is a much more performant and sophisticated car.Still, people who want a 250 GTO want it for what it represents; a kind of essence of the ferrari spirit. They don't care if it runs fast (they won't even drive it).
The same for Kizuna, buyers want to get the rarest cart. A kind of legend that few have seen by their own eyes. They don't really care about the game in itself.

Quite well summed up. That's what the whole Neo Geo scene is about. Passion and sometimes craziness.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Yes, but the Ferrari 250 GTO is an actual brand & you can get
one straight from the maker of the car. While EURO Kizuna
you don't know if this release was really meant to be, or when
it was released, nothing. Your cart could be a fake measly
conversion, that you paid $11K for, and you wouldn't know,
specially since now we have a pair of crooks in France
(HPMan & Chamane) who are willing to do anything to get some
money on their pockets. I wouldn't doubt to see some 'Awesome'
EURO Kizunas be passed as originals in the near future. I think
unless the cart is sent to SNKP, and then they can approve that
the cart is legit, then it'd be the time to get your Trust Account
ready to shoot some impressive offer.

Robert said:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
good point. While I'm not saying that this should be done in this case, if it was me with the cart, I would do my best to have it authenticated by the maximum authoritities on SNK material.

unless the cart is sent to SNKP, and then they can approve that the cart is legit

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
I think
unless the cart is sent to SNKP, and then they can approve that
the cart is legit, then it'd be the time to get your Trust Account
ready to shoot some impressive offer.

Now that a Euro manual is at devil's hands, a Jap cart would suffice to trick someone.

Just think about it. Reprint a Euro manual, Insert ( not that hard either ) and the cart's sticker. Spending around $800 ( Jap cart included ) is worth the job. $10,200 profit on a nicely done art replacement ( I don't even dare to call it conversion ! ) .

I fear this can be done. Neo Geo market is too evil.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Atrophyed said:
Now that a Euro manual is at devil's hands, a Jap cart would suffice to trick someone.

Just think about it. Reprint a Euro manual, Insert ( not that hard either ) and the cart's sticker. Spending around $800 ( Jap cart included ) is worth the job. $10,200 profit on a nicely done art replacement ( I don't even dare to call it conversion ! ) .

I don't see why this couldn't happen.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
galfordo said:
I don't see why this couldn't happen.

And I don't doubt that Euro Kizuna's could pop up every 6 months for that matter.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Atrophyed said:
And I don't doubt that Euro Kizuna's could pop up every 6 months for that matter.

Well, I'm a pretty sick bastard, but not quite sick enough to pay 11K for an AES game. So I'll just sit back and enjoy teh dr4m4 :D.

Neo-weirdo

Mr. Big's Thug
Atrophyed said:

Dude did you read my post?
Quote*What are those bloody brits doing over there??? Taking JAP Kuzuna Encounters and replacing the labels and inserts with custom made euro ones and reprinting a euro manual and calling them extreamly rare euro releases???

It's starts getting suspious when another copy pops up every year...quote*

You know there is a group of people out there scraficing JAP Kuzuna Encounters and reprinting a euro insert and label and doing a euro manual. There would be no way to tell!

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
Why don't you guys just ask SNKP if the game ever really existed, how many copies were created, and then try to keep a list of who has legit copies? :spock:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
jp. said:
Why don't you guys just ask SNKP if the game ever really existed, how many copies were created, and then try to keep a list of who has legit copies? :spock:

I'm not sure they'd know the answer - in fact, if I had to guess, I'd guess they wouldn't.

jp.

Angel's Love Slave
Oh.

Well, I just assumed they were well organized and kept records of that kind of stuff. Then again, they've been in such a hell for the past 3-5 years or what not I guess I could see where they would lose the info.

buster_broon

The Rock,
BlackSpy said:
Finest six weeks of drama EVAR!!!

When are you next in Edinburgh swabbie?

home now until the 18th April

will pm you my home phone number - maybe you and sengohan can come over to my new shack and see the games room

can you also fill me in on the kjp saga as i am interested - is it about kenny????

what makes me laugh about this forum most is that it can be a very tight place to be

if there is scammers running around everybody pulls together and gets rid of him

but normally - everybodies ego just seems to get in the way of the fun that used to be here when i was a regular posted around a year ago

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111
Buster, how are you buddy?

buster_broon said:
home now until the 18th April

will pm you my home phone number - maybe you and sengohan can come over to my new shack and see the games room

can you also fill me in on the kjp saga as i am interested - is it about kenny????

what makes me laugh about this forum most is that it can be a very tight place to be

if there is scammers running around everybody pulls together and gets rid of him

but normally - everybodies ego just seems to get in the way of the fun that used to be here when i was a regular posted around a year ago