King of Fighters XII revealed?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
They claimed they were going for "The Ultimate 2D Fighter" back at TGS if I remember correctly. A lofty claim, and I'm hoping they'll at least somewhat achieve it.

KOF fans everywhere will splooge their pants if they go for the gusto and have high-res sprites with nice animation and a rentention of the visual style we all love (not some more anime crap seen in every other non-SNK fighter). Who knows, maybe they've been working on the high-res sprites for years knowing what a huge undertaking it would be, and just kept it under wraps?

kroko^unleashed

Rugal's Thug
Fygee said:
Who knows, maybe they've been working on the high-res sprites for years knowing what a huge undertaking it would be, and just kept it under wraps?
For sure they dont work on it since september oO

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Fygee said:
KOF fans everywhere will splooge their pants if they go for the gusto and have high-res sprites with nice animation and a rentention of the visual style we all love (not some more anime crap seen in every other non-SNK fighter). Who knows, maybe they've been working on the high-res sprites for years knowing what a huge undertaking it would be, and just kept it under wraps?
Ahh yes, because it took Sammy/ArcSW years of hard graft to get that there Guilty Gear X out the door didnt it?

2 Years.

Yea. Huge Undertaking my ass

So I'm not holding my breath here.
(Que usual argument over GGX's animation quality etc etc..)

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
not sonic said:
is your keyboard broken?
I'm never quite sure how to interpret Kernows :lol:'s these days.
Is he laughing with me or at me?

Hard to tell..........

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
BBH said:
have you played KoF XI? It's actually really good.

it does look fucking ugly though, shouldnt have even be released on newer platforms such as the ps2 if they actually gave a damn about graphics. it looks kof 94/95 good (better than 94, worse than 95) with a little better animation. snk has made far better looking games between 96 and 99. there is one good new sprite which makes me hope it will look a lil good and thats Oswald (out of all the new sprites snkp has made, its not a whole lot). that being said it did play pretty solid, still not old snk good but better than what i was used from snkp.

all that being said, this made my day and hopefully it wont be unjustified and snkp actually makes a fucking great game that at least rivals sf3ts. graphic and animationwise, if the gameplay is ts deep ill be one happy motherfucker. now if they take out all the bullshit like tags, strikers and bc cancel bullshit. and lets hope they dont ad all these stupid washed up gay characters and weak ass bitches that never should have been put in it in the first place (hinako, momoko, ash, shen and the rest of them)

D

daimon

hello guys, sorry for my english if I make a mistake, I'm in the event right now (I'm typing from a portable) and I see that they are setting up a machine with the name of "The King Of Fighters XII" in snkp stand, I think they are going to start the event and showing soon, unfortunately I don't have any camera or cell phone with me so I can't record anything, but I think the news and footage will be spreaded soon, there is a lot of commotion and people nervous here waiting and pushing the others to see it. That's all, just wanted to let you guys know.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
daimon said:
hello guys, sorry for my english if I make a mistake, I'm in the event right now (I'm typing from a portable) and I see that they are setting up a machine with the name of "The King Of Fighters XII" in snkp stand, I think they are going to start the event and showing soon, unfortunately I don't have any camera or cell phone with me so I can't record anything, but I think the news and footage will be spreaded soon, there is a lot of commotion and people nervous here waiting and pushing the others to see it. That's all, just wanted to let you guys know.

:tickled: I feel like a giddy school girl. Hopefully they will allow pics and videos to be taken.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Ive checked this thread 30 times in like 15 minutes..lol

I havent been this excited about a game in along ass time:multi_co:

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
I was going to say "It better not be the TGS trailer with just the logo", but if they're setting up a booth SOLELY for KoF XII, this has to be a brand new trailer with actual footage.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but on the other hand, I just can't see how Nona would make such a bold declaration of them throwing away their old low res graphics and that it would be the ultimate 2D fighter and then see "the same old same old" look with XII.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Must...have...information!.....