King of Fighters '98 repairing [Jumpers suggestion]

Hello everyone!

After a little search, i can't figure out what Jumpers i neet to apply for conclude my attempt of reparing. Long story short: I've buy one KOF 98, Altera Chip dead. I therefore bought one PROGBK1 and move all EEPROM and flashed a P1 EEPROM. Inside the Wiki i read that the Jumpers should be: JV3 + JV4 and JV7 + JV8 + JV9 + JV10.

In some other project someone add other than the Wiki say, for example add J1. Here a photo of my actually board. Thanks for any suggestion!

1654069408639[1381].jpg

Ptchnk

n00b
Hi,
Everything you need is available on-line for this kind of repair. First reflex would be to look at the mvs-scans page which should tell you about your options.

Regarding your attempt, the jumpers configuration is bad and you are missing a lot of them especially for the audio part as well as one logic gate chip (LS74) to deal with the 4MB P2 rom that is missing on your board!

KOF98 on a PROGBK1 board

Basically, you pick-up the wrong donor (missing LS74) unless your able to find another donor cart to get that chip in the right package size

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your precious information! I'll try as soon as possible with a new donor with LS74 and P2.