JXD S7100 Android Tablet with tactile controls

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Pretty impressive and supposedly will sell for only $149. Check the video a little bit just before 4:00

Seeing the n64 games, the color and style... Wii U? lol

If you can map the buttons on the right to directional controls instead and the 2 buttons below them for fire/bomb... can play some shmups in tate too (just like on the GP2X F100/F200).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoHkQdnEyog

Just ordered a white one (available in black) from the isharegifts link below from dingoo-scene for $145 shipped to the US

http://dingoo-scene.blogspot.com/2011/12/another-android-console-jxd-s7100.html

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
At that price point I'd be worried about screen responsiveness . Looks neat in theory.. I'd have to wait to see it in practice.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
At that price point I'd be worried about screen responsiveness . Looks neat in theory.. I'd have to wait to see it in practice.

I hear ya. A couple of my coworkers have picked up cheap chinese android tablets and they're horrible. However the Cortex A9 cpu and tactile controls really caught my eye. I've picked up JXD products before (JXD 301). It was pretty nice for its time.

Oh well, I'll know in a week or so.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
The gp32x forums seem to favor the Yinlips YDPG18 clone of the Vita over this device. Haven't messed with either one.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
The gp32x forums seem to favor the Yinlips YDPG18 clone of the Vita over this device. Haven't messed with either one.

Yeah, but the funny thing is that some of the guys "favoring" yinlips don't even have one in hand yet. In fact it seems like nobody has it yet.

Then another factor that a lot in that thread use as justification for why the yinlips is superior is that the JXD is too big. But the JXD is modelled after a tablet whereas the yinlips is a vita clone form factor with "tacked on" tablet functionality.

Overall, didn't see anything in that thread that meant much to me except the point about no shoulder buttons.