Just got a Faselei! today...

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Very cool. This is my first clamshell NGP game, and I have to say, they're pretty damn cool. Best of all, I only laid down about $40-45 USD for this bad boy. I got fleeced on the shipping, but I figure it was worth it. I remember when EGM rated this as one of the best games never released in the US (that was supposed to be, anyway — I'm sure it's a long list if you included everything). This one won't be around forever, and it's getting irritating to find complete UK editions. Though some people are selling their collections now, but whatever.

Anyway, my only concern is this: the little tab that locks into place, does it wear out and break off very easily? Just curious.

abdul

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I love this game. I have replayed it through at least 4 times. Enjoy it man

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Fucking awsome! collect all the special items like the sushi for Special class products! :)

PlayerOne

Marked Wolf
HeartlessNinny said:
Anyway, my only concern is this: the little tab that locks into place, does it wear out and break off very easily? Just curious.

I have never seen a completely broken one. What tends to happen with abused clamshells is that the joints get very floppy. Presumably they would eventually break, but I guess when they become that worn you start taking more care of them. :)

Faselei! is an excellent game - one of the five NGPC games I have owned from new - although I was a bit disappointed with the way the difficulty is managed towards the end.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
all about conserving ammo. Still stuck on the last mission which has like 2 or 3 parts. One of the best games on the NGPC for sure.

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
I loved it, right until the last mission. I conserved and carefully plotted every move I made and it still felt like I was punching a brick wall. Oh well, enjoy anyhow. If you're worried about the clamshell wearing, just keep the cart out with the little protective case so you're not opening it again and again.

Neorichieb1971

B. Jenet's Firstmate
There are tons of cheap games out there in clamshell form. If it breaks you can get a pocket tennis for $15 tops and just switch the clams.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm another big fan of this game. It was the second NGPC game I bought.

I'm still stuck on the last boss though, I always run out of ammo and my partner never follows me to help.. I need help, dammit! ;)

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Pando said:
I'm another big fan of this game. It was the second NGPC game I bought.

I'm still stuck on the last boss though, I always run out of ammo and my partner never follows me to help.. I need help, dammit! ;)

When guns fail you, it's bare knuckles brawling that will help you save the day :)

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
iamyagami22 said:
Great game, enjoy it. :buttrock:

I second that. I also got paid about the same as you and paid only 1.50 on shipping which was a great deal. As far as the clamshell it could last a very long time forever as long as you take care of it. Enjoy!

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
PlayerOne said:
I have never seen a completely broken one. What tends to happen with abused clamshells is that the joints get very floppy. Presumably they would eventually break, but I guess when they become that worn you start taking more care of them. :)
I've seen a few broken ones before. No idea what people have done to them to snap them off..

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
I think i went all barenuckles for the final fight. Totally whooped ass too!