tlb2
mslug 2 + 3
Kof 94 , 2K (kit)
SS 1 + 2
MOTW
AOF3 (kit)
Magical Drop 3
10 shock boxes

comes to about £400 ($629.43) in total I proably could have got it (a bit)cheaper , I just realised how scared my bank manager might have been if this was ngh carts :)phew there lots of money left over for a snazzy new Record groupset

This is a totally pointless thread but have YOU spent on YOUR neo stuff?

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
[...]
This is a totally pointless thread but [what] have YOU spent on YOUR neo stuff?
I'd really rather not figure that out... and I've only been buying Neo stuff for four months. This stuff just takes hold of you. It's so hard to pass up on good deals of the games you love. :D

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I added up how much i've blown on neo stuff before and have since vowed to never add it up again. I do have a entertainment budget and neo loot is part of it. So at least im blowing money on neo on purpose.

Frasermozz

Another Striker
Magnaflux:
I added up how much i've blown on neo stuff before and have since vowed to never add it up again. I do have a entertainment budget and neo loot is part of it. So at least im blowing money on neo on purpose.
yeah i dont want to think what i've spent on videos and dvd's thats just scary :p

buster_broon

The Rock,
unsure exactly what i have bought or spent

but so far this year i have sent £8500 via paypal, well in the last 14 months :)

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I don't recall either, but I know I've spent $2500-$3000 already on Neo NGH carts and systems and controllers. The bottomless money pit of the Neo never stops. :) Hell I can't complain given how good so many of these games are. glee glee

Frasermozz

Another Striker
buster_broon:
unsure exactly what i have bought or spent

but so far this year i have sent £8500 via paypal, well in the last 14 months :)
OUCH I'm guessing your qualified and emplyed though :) not like my scummy student self , the only money I get is from working in Asda (awfulawfulawful)and repairing stuf for people :(
One day I'll have money (well more than i do right now)

What is it you do for a living anyway? not to be nosy or anything wink

buster_broon

The Rock,
Frasermozz:
OUCH I'm guessing your qualified and emplyed though :) not like my scummy student self , the only money I get is from working in Asda (awfulawfulawful)and repairing stuf for people :(
One day I'll have money (well more than i do right now)

What is it you do for a living anyway? not to be nosy or anything wink
which asda do you work in?????

i have even managed to save money as well :p :p

Frasermozz

Another Striker
dum de dum dummm.....GOVAN!! it fucking awful and I REALLY mean that from the bottom of my heart.
I used to have a great job working in a bike shop but I moved to Glasgow for uni and had to say goodbye :(

oh yeah i have to work on the check outs which is mind numbingly boring , its even worse as its Govan:(

well only two more years to go :p

buster_broon

The Rock,
Frasermozz:
dum de dum dummm.....GOVAN!! it fucking awful and I REALLY mean that from the bottom of my heart.
I used to have a great job working in a bike shop but I moved to Glasgow for uni and had to say goodbye :(

oh yeah i have to work on the check outs which is mind numbingly boring , its even worse as its Govan:(

well only two more years to go :p
oh - i know some people who work in the forge asda and my little sister works in the hamilton one

she seems to like it - okay money and perks

cant be bad 0 do you wear a green hat - like a workmans hat with roll back on it

**buster holds his mouth so frazer cant see him snigger**

Frasermozz

Another Striker
Hey it get worse! I usually get sent out side to help with the stupid trolleys , one day they gave me a bright green jacket from the butchers at the back of the shop...the problm being?...well it had MEAT written on the back of it I bet you can guess what all the ned's thought of that one >groan<

the perks are okay I guess but its not so good as I have to work till midnight on Saturdays frown

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
So far this year I have spent
approximately $3,000 in neo games.

I don't even want to go back and see
last year's total. annoyed

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
You know, I was thinking of posting a topic like this... "How much did you spend on Neo..."

But like you said, its quite pointless, except to see how much money we've spent.

I don't remember how much the total was for my console, but I'll list how much I've got my homecarts for: (prices include shipping)

League Bowling(US)- $67.84
World Heroes 2(US)- $64
Real Bout FF, no manual(Eng)- $125
Samurai Shodown 3(Eng)- $115
KoF '95(JP)- $50
KoF '96(JP)- $87
KoF '97, no manual(JP)- $50
KoF '98(JP)- $118
KoF '99(JP)- $117
Shin Samurai Spirits(JP)- $50
Fatal Fury Special(JP)- $35
Fatal Fury 3(JP)- $40
Miracle Adventure(JP)- $77
Mark of the Wolves(JP)- $375
Art of Fighting 2(US)- $37.50
Sengoku(US)- $61

...So the total spent on my homecarts would be= $1469.34USD :(

Add that on top of my other game systems, and its quite a lot spent on video games... *ouch*

Frasermozz

Another Striker
yeah pointless hmmmm how much money have i spent on cornflakes in the past ten years? etc..

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Counting all the times I've bought and sold my various Neo set ups? Let's just say that we're well into 4-5 figures.

Mike

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
I'm really afraid to do the maths..

I mean, I'm afraid I'd feel bad about myself if I knew how much it has cost me. I keep in mind that someday I have all the games that I want and then finally I can move over to spending money on other things :)

What a hobby..

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
leGionellz:

I mean, I'm afraid I'd feel bad about myself if I knew how much it has cost me. I keep in mind that someday I have all the games that I want and then finally I can move over to spending money on other things :)

What a hobby..
What really scares me sometimes is the thought of parting with all my game stuff.

I mean, for right now, I love spending as much time as I can playing games and searching for them(sometimes more fun) but I remember how easily I've lost/gotten rid of all my past systems.

I used to have a good library of Genesis games, and even two systems, one US and one JP. Then, somewhere along the shift from my younger years to my late teens, I just lost them all. Don't know how exactly, I guess they went in boxes or cans and were thrown away. I had neglected them. crying

I also once owned a Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, and playstation, but all those are gone now as well. I find that material possessions are the hardest thing to keep with you through the years.

That's my main concern with the Neo Geo; how long will I want to keep it? How long until I never want to see the damn thing again?

It's all just on a whim, really. Its how we humans are.

Here today, gone tommorrow as they say...

The Auction Sniper

Host for Orochi
I've calculated my Neo spending at around $4500(AUS) in the last 6 months (including shipping).

Bought 9 AES carts, A 6 Slot MVS board, A SuperNova, and a Modded AES system.

And that's only 1/2 of my video game spending...

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Cnidarian:
leGionellz:

What a hobby..
What really scares me sometimes is the thought of parting with all my game stuff.

I mean, for right now, I love spending as much time as I can playing games and searching for them(sometimes more fun) but I remember how easily I've lost/gotten rid of all my past systems.

I used to have a good library of Genesis games, and even two systems, one US and one JP. Then, somewhere along the shift from my younger years to my late teens, I just lost them all. Don't know how exactly, I guess they went in boxes or cans and were thrown away. I had neglected them. crying

I also once owned a Sega Saturn, Dreamcast, and playstation, but all those are gone now as well. I find that material possessions are the hardest thing to keep with you through the years.

That's my main concern with the Neo Geo; how long will I want to keep it? How long until I never want to see the damn thing again?

It's all just on a whim, really. Its how we humans are.

Here today, gone tommorrow as they say...
I buy my neo games to never sell them again.

Every other console I can get rid off without feeling like I lost something, but my neo..

I mean, in ten years I'm sure it still will be fun to play some SS2 with a friend or something.

And I feel like I haven't mastered a single game in my collection yet, so there's many many many gaming hours to go before i would get tired of any of them.

Cnidarian

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Well we are going to have to see about that.

I really loved my genesis, and it gave me a little over five years of gaming bliss and some of my happiest memories.

In ten years then... :rolleyes:

Alkanan

Sakura's Bank Manager
I've spent at least 2 grand on all my stuff...maybe even 3 after i get my cab.

weezer0302

Kabuki Klasher
with games in general, including neo and the other 14 consoles i own, plus cd's and dvd's, im sure im over 15000 at least, probably closer to 20 grand..kinda makes you think what could you do with that money right now if your as$ wasnt addicted to entertainment...id be pimpin around an audi or something like that! CURSES!