Just Bought Trizeal! Anyone played it??

BoyProdigy

Crossed Swords Squire
beh3moth said:
I am pleased with it,

It came with some extra stuff, Music cd, bandana. and if Triangle Service goes bankrupt before another game is ready, this will be worth quite a bit in a few years time!

Seriously though. I hope they do well, get some funds and start making more decent shooters. I sometimes bring shooters into the office to play at lunch, and people say, 'look at those boring graphics' and 'whats all this 2d crap', but really, i have been playing and enjoying shooting games for over 2 decades now, and they dont know shit, I love em!

So stop all this downloading and ripping Trizeal to disc business, and get yourself a copy, Its not too pricey, and I think Triangle Service deserves our help!

let's get shooters back into the mainstream again, then perhaps developers will make more, and give some of the Jap only releases a decent english localised version.

AGREED!

I saw Trizeal on a torrent site on the 10th! ONLY 3 F'ing DAYS AFTER IT CAME OUT. The people downloading that should be dragged out into the streets and shot. Triangle Service are one of the few companies that make games because they like to, not because they are a bunch of money grubbers.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Shit whats $50? I myself alot more than that for the arcade version & it was worth every penny IMO.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
BoyProdigy said:
AGREED!

I saw Trizeal on a torrent site on the 10th! ONLY 3 F'ing DAYS AFTER IT CAME OUT. The people downloading that should be dragged out into the streets and shot. Triangle Service are one of the few companies that make games because they like to, not because they are a bunch of money grubbers.

YEAH!

YEAH!

AND WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU DOING AT A TORRENTS SITE?

WANKING?

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
bleh...still waiting on my copy to arrive.

Did anyone order from Lik-sang.com?

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Hey..who bought the "special edition" trizeal...with the bandana?...& there's something else with it...

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Yeap a music cd, with a few tracks, not really great, but nice to have for your collection.

Kiken

Camel Slug
Apaprently, the game sold well enough to keep Triangle Service in business:
http://sega.jp/community/bbzb/101/scoop.html

The game sold 2000 copies in Japan over the first weekend. And there were estimations of 1000 copies sold internationally to importers (although, there's no way really to verify this).

After watching the credits to the game, it looks like 4 people worked on Trizeal. And over on shmups it was posted that Fujino (the head of Triangle Service) did nearly 80% of the game himself.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Thats great!! Well done to them!!! Really, only 1000 sold to importers???? is there any way to check out how many games have been produced??

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Kiken said:
Apaprently, the game sold well enough to keep Triangle Service in business:
http://sega.jp/community/bbzb/101/scoop.html

The game sold 2000 copies in Japan over the first weekend. And there were estimations of 1000 copies sold internationally to importers (although, there's no way really to verify this).

After watching the credits to the game, it looks like 4 people worked on Trizeal. And over on shmups it was posted that Fujino (the head of Triangle Service) did nearly 80% of the game himself.

Thats great, but wish we would see more stats.

3000 seems kind of low tho.

But if the guy with the big smiles on that page is the one that wrote the SOS message then things are looking good for them (judging by his happiness).

Anyway, STILL didnt get my Trizeal copy today....fuckin pre-order my ass...ugh.

BoyProdigy

Crossed Swords Squire
roker said:
YEAH!

YEAH!

AND WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU DOING AT A TORRENTS SITE?

WANKING?

Hey fucktard, not everyone that goes to torrent sites are pirates, some people just want backups

backup5fx.jpg

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
BoyProdigy said:
Hey fucktard, not everyone that goes to torrent sites are pirates, some people just want backups

My DC collection > yours

:shame:

I seriously hope you own more games than that

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Get a colour printer LOL!

I have some backups, for example I have both Ikaruga and my LTD edition borderdown both sealed. So i have a disc with both games on. Thats ok

BoyProdigy

Crossed Swords Squire
haha, no that isn't all my dreamcast collection. Those are just the games i have found backups for. Although my DC collection isn't that large, only 15 games atm.

As for the colour printer I really don't need one. I have a Xerox DocuPrint N17 upstairs that can do 36 ppm. I need speed over colour.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
At first I thought it was really generic.

But the more I play it, the deeper it gets.

For Instance, You can maximize your Medal Bonuses by using only lazers. Use a Spead vulcan and you won't be able to catch shit for a chain.

Weapon Build order takes some real strategy. You have to know what weapons you will need. Combining weapons seems to be the best.

And the breakout bonus stages are frickn' near impossible.

Does anyone know what the "liftup" bonus game is all about?

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Yeah, the 'Lifting' bonus level, is all about that little robot guy that stands up on the 2nd stage.

He throws something up in the air, and you can move your ship under it and bounce it round the screen, the score keeps multiplying each time you bounce it.
Its hard to keep it on the screen especially with other enemies about.

its pretty tough.

The break out bonus stages are tough, but not impossible

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
beh3moth said:
Yeah, the 'Lifting' bonus level, is all about that little robot guy that stands up on the 2nd stage.

He throws something up in the air, and you can move your ship under it and bounce it round the screen, the score keeps multiplying each time you bounce it.
Its hard to keep it on the screen especially with other enemies about.

its pretty tough.

The break out bonus stages are tough, but not impossible

Fuck the bounce.... I can't survive the Stage......

I've gotten thought the first two breakouts a few times... The first one is tough, but the second one is easier when you are stacked.

Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
BoyProdigy said:
haha, no that isn't all my dreamcast collection. Those are just the games i have found backups for. Although my DC collection isn't that large, only 15 games atm.

As for the colour printer I really don't need one. I have a Xerox DocuPrint N17 upstairs that can do 36 ppm. I need speed over colour.

why even get backups in the first place?

GD roms don't get as scratched up as easy as people say

as long as you take care of them and put them back in their cases

you shouldn't have to back them up

my collection atm is 40

There's probably only 4 or 5 more games I want, then I'll call it quits with collecting

I still play my DC at least once a week.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
I did have pretty much evey UK Release, but have been selling them off and replacing my fave games with NTSC imports. Collecting all DC shooters ATM.

Still have a lot of spare titles, plus some Brand New hardware, such as arcade sticks, pads and VMUs i might sell sooner or later.