Just bought a 4 slot cabinet, and the sound is unbearaby low.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Hello,

Just picked up a 4 slot MVS arcade system in a Dynamo cabinet.

The picture on the monitor is perfect, but the volume is very low.
Looked at past threads and people mention doing a recap, but I have no experience.

Does anyone have a tech near los Angeles they can recommend?
Anyone have the ability to do it through the mail?

I would imagine I'd like to have my board recapped, battery swap to cell, and unibios while I'm at it.

Thanks,
Carlos

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
My advice would be to buy a new 4 slot and then sell the original. It'll be cheaper that way. You can usually get a good 4slot board for around $200. Then you could sell the original for around $75.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Will a good board have been recapped, and have battery mod? Or will I have to do that in the future.

In the meantime, I'll keep my eye out for a nice 4 slot board, and wait a bit to see if I can find someone willing to recap.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Stupid question, but you have tried the volume slider right?

tenfresh

Mega Shock!!,
Forgive me, but do you know where both the headphone and speaker volume sliders are? I've seen more person think their audio was busted and the volume was just down.

If yes, did you try just moving them a lot to clean them?

There should be a headphone audio jack on the board itself so you can test whether the issue is with the board output or your speakers.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Stupid question, but you have tried the volume slider right?

Forgive me, but do you know where both the headphone and speaker volume sliders are? I've seen more person think their audio was busted and the volume was just down.

If yes, did you try just moving them a lot to clean them?

There should be a headphone audio jack on the board itself so you can test whether the issue is with the board output or your speakers.

Thanks for the advice : )
I will check both tomorrow and report back what I discover.
I disconnected and reconnected my speaker, and tested it using a receiver to send power to it, and it is ok.

I also noticed that the cables are run for two speakers but only one is present.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
If the volume sliders are at max, and sound is still low, then its for sure audio caps.

I had to recap my 4slot as well

Cheers