Just another form of control...

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
Hey, what's your favourite peripheral for hammering Neo Geo games?

Personally I'm a sit down player rather than standing, and prefer using a Neo Geo CD controller for most games especially shooters and sports/racing titles for accuracy.

IMO fighter titles are enhanced and made simpler to control with an arcade stick but if I had to use one control for the rest of my life I'd chose a pad all day long.

Just wondered what everyone else's preference was?

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
The Hori Neo Geo stick II if I need to play a shmup, & for fighters I sometimes use the Tototek PS1 to Neo Geo adapter for fighting games. I'd use the CD controller more if I could remap the buttons (I'm working on it)

Jamie

NEST Puppet
It's the pad for me, i love the thumbpad i find it great to use on games. I use the Playstation and USB version on my other consoles too.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
If you're still playing with a pad you're just a weenie.

You gotta play with a sanwa jlf with a red balltop and square(or octagonal) gate complemented by 30 mm seimitsu screw in buttons in red, yellow, green, and blue to be a real hotdog.

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
If you're still playing with a pad you're just a weenie.

You gotta play with a sanwa jlf with a red balltop and square(or octagonal) gate complemented by 30 mm seimitsu screw in buttons in red, yellow, green, and blue to be a real hotdog.

I require a photo of said controller please. Sounds epic!

Double Reppuken

NGFL Member., xROTx,
The regular Neo stick, I'm sure there's better but I'm used to them, and they get the job done.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Old style stick with the JNX GOTW and Seimitsu buttons. That's all you need.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
so I can barely do dragons on a stick now...is there a way to use a ps control on neo? I'm sure there is, tell me plese!?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Hori II is what's up. I've never been able to get into using the CD pad.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
the Neo Geo CD controller is H*O*T. I dig it, everything about,

otherwise, any good quality 8 button stick. I use my HORI Fighting Stick SS. And if I want to use the pad I'm real down with the JP Saturn pad, as well as the good old PS2 for playing any game on the fly (its even better to play N64 games with it). I have also always been a fan of the Super Famicom controller but its not something I'll use over the aforementioned often.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I always think of the Neo as an arcade system and not so much as a home console, so to me it just doesn't seem right without the stick. I know a lot of people love a dpad but I can't do it on the Neo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I can't use the Hori stick for fighting games for some reason. Compared to the regular Neo stick it just feels wrong.

I need to get an adapter, such as that PS3/4 one, to use some newer sticks with arcade parts on the Neo.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I can't use the Hori stick for fighting games for some reason. Compared to the regular Neo stick it just feels wrong.

I need to get an adapter, such as that PS3/4 one, to use some newer sticks with arcade parts on the Neo.

I'll take that Hori off your hands for the cost of shipping. PM sent thx!

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Sorry, but I love my Hori for anything other than fighting games.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
love the saturn pad. but i use a stick for everything and all neo games. was even playing revenge of shinobi the other day with a stick.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I'm partial to my MAS Super Pro-Stick:

f11b79f5cd669ba234de43988a90697c.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The old original old style board, or as we call it in Germany: Der Unverwuestliche ;).

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I'm partial to my MAS Super Pro-Stick:

f11b79f5cd669ba234de43988a90697c.jpg

that's beautiful, man. i always wanted one of these when i had my neo consoles hooked up, but they were always out of stock. now i play everything on mame, so my mad catz fightstick is all i need for now. but if i ever go back to playing on consoles, the the hunt will be back on for one of these beauties.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I just rock the bean controller, unmodded. I like it alot.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
its hot i luv it. that grey icy balltop <333