Joe 2k2 question

Cranky

Dodgeball Yakuza
in the combo C, df+B, machine gun punch, when do i start pressing A / C? i can't get it to connect after df+B.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Cranky said:
in the combo C, df+B, machine gun punch, when do i start pressing A / C? i can't get it to connect after df+B.

The machine gun punch follow-up after the df+B is quite simple IMO, just start tapping A or C right after the df+B when Joe is about to start sliding, then he'll jump up immediately and start with the machine gun punch.

Here's what I mean:

You input: sC - Joe does a standing C

You input: df+B - Joe combos into the df+B, he's about to go down for the sweep, this is where you have to start tapping P, and that very quickly.

The qcf+A finisher of the machine gun punch is SC'able, so a nice super cancel combo would look like this:

jD (optional) -> sC -> df+B -> rapidly tap P -> qcf+A (super-cancel) -> qcf x2+P

His other DMs work as well, not sure about the Cross Gigantes SDM, tho. Costs 2 stocks and does 14~16 hits, depending on when you cancel the machine gun punch into the followup.

Cranky

Dodgeball Yakuza
thanks takumaji for the quick reply. it's been bugging me for years. in return i'll teach you a joe combo my friend has thought me :D

corner, facing opponents' ass, C, df+B, machine gun punch, machine gun punch again (YES), qcf+A, SC to DM. 80% lolz :D

thanks again.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Cranky said:
corner, facing opponents' ass, C, df+B, machine gun punch, machine gun punch again (YES), qcf+A, SC to DM. 80% lolz :D

thanks again.

Wow.

facing opp's ass, do you mean you have to stand with a corner in your back after you've crossed him up, or is that one of those practice mode combos where the opp. has to walk away to make the whole think work?

Cranky

Dodgeball Yakuza
what i mean is the opponent has to face the corner, and you behind him. so you're both facing the same direction, only you behind him. it's kind of those practice only combos, but he did it in a match. chris was doing C, f+A, hcb+A while he's cornered. he rolled out (AB) at f+A, so chris is doing hcb+A, he has time to run behind him. pretty cool.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Damn, that sounds tight! So basically you would have to roll out of an attacking animation to get it done in a match.