Jockey Grand Prix NeoSD Issues

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
So this is the next game on my list to beat. But, when I boot it, I am stuck on the credit operation screen. I can't bypass it. I press A, and Start, but nothing happens. I even found a new rom and converted it to make sure and the same issue. Advice?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It won't boot the game unless your system is running in MVS mode. So an AES with a stock bios won't work. You'll need a Unibios to switch the system into MVS mode (or boot the game on an actual MVS system of course).

The game requires special hardware on the cartridge to add credits, so after the game starts, you'll need to use the Unibios cheat menu to add credits instead.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Someone moved this topic to the NeoSD forum, but it's not really a NeoSD issue. This is really a Jockey Grand Prix issue. You'll get the same result with a Jockey Grand Prix cart on an AES. No NeoSD needed to see the issue.

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
It won't boot the game unless your system is running in MVS mode. So an AES with a stock bios won't work. You'll need a Unibios to switch the system into MVS mode (or boot the game on an actual MVS system of course).

The game requires special hardware on the cartridge to add credits, so after the game starts, you'll need to use the Unibios cheat menu to add credits instead.
I got it working after the Unibios setting, thanks for the tip!