Jedi Academy PS4 port is a masterpiece offline and online!

saner

Krauser's Henchman
of course PC gamers would say the PC version is better, but millions upon millions of console gamers aren't going to spend $100s more to play on PC, besides, the PC community is stagnant, while the PS4 community is 100% fresh and new to the game! so the online is even more invigorating! it even includes bots options, so the multiplayer is usable even without online! so epic! great modes and customization overall. it feels so great on PS4 too! and it supports screenshot and video recording!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTKwaxo3BD5NT1PU1V2ZB1n7lj0PGAYrE

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I seem to remember having fun with this on Xbox back in the day. What I'd really like is a port of Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. I don't know if it holds up but I had a hell of a lot of fun with that one.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
sometimes I get excited that there is going to be a fun game to play when I see these threads...:(

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
While the PC, oh so maligned market may be loose in the wallet, (successful) and preoccupied and busy, (another symptom of success) they're not too busy to remind you to please: take a hydraulic suck off a homeless man's tubular VD ridden sperm spitter, and drop a few cinder blocks on your confused genitalia. P.S. I imagined the bowl was your face as I took a drunken shit while writing this. Happy quarantine

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
cool game when I played it 16 years ago.

lol consoles.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I seem to remember having fun with this on Xbox back in the day. What I'd really like is a port of Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. I don't know if it holds up but I had a hell of a lot of fun with that one.

I've played through it just the other weekend, Jedi Knight is still so much fun. Going around shooting stuff is nice, but once you get that lightsaber in level 4, fuck yeah slice everyone up, it's youngling slaughtering time. I just use the lightsaber for everything. I also like how the game works well in first person view and even third person with the F1 key. The dark path story may be a bit underwhelming, but man are the sith force powers fun to use. It's kinda surprising how deadly force throw is when you just launch random shit at the enemy in a duel.

It's a great game to be sure, but it definitely wouldn't pass the graphics bar for today's whiny 240fps eye-searing bloom lighting 9 billion K resolution fuckwads. In fact, please no there shouldn't ever be a Disney-run remake of Jedi Knight. They'd redo all the cutscenes with a 100% female cast, with Sara and Jan being replaced with androgynous who-the-fuck-knows.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Supposedly, they lost the source code to Dark Forces and Jedi Knight. Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy were only saved by someone releasing the code on GitHub as soon as Disney announced that they were buying Star Wars.

I also like Jedi Knight more than its sequels. It's got this wacky portal-culling engine that supports enormous outdoor levels and crazy indoor mazes and everything inbetween. They give you all these force powers that let you abuse the hell out of the map geometry, and the game just generally holds up and deals with it. The amount of interactive stuff in the levels is crazy, too. The sequels had more refined combat and definitely better multiplayer support (being Quake 3 derivatives) but their level design and puzzles felt weaker.

EDIT: Also Drazen Isle