Japanese AES

I'm looking at AESs at eBay, but the only ones they have are Japanese imports. If I buy one, will it play in my U.S. house? I know very little about imports and about the Neo Geo, so take it easy on me.

SongSiuHua

Overtop Pathfinder
First not to be too hard on you but you really should use the search function to find the answer to simple questions like this one.
Okay to answer your question Yes it will play just fine. The only thing I heard that might be an issue is the voltage differences. However as long as you dont leave your AES plugged in you should be fine. I myself have a Jap Aes and have no problems playing at home. I just dont leave it plugged in 24/7.

Also your games will display Japanese language even if you use an american cart. You can change this with a Unibios tho.
Hope that helps.
:D

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Japanese AES

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 129 bytes) in /home/www/neo-geo/forums/search.php on line 815

other..
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 129 bytes) in /home/www/neo-geo/forums/search.php on line 815

FK THE SEARCH ENGINE!!!