japandealer aka Steve aka stv

MrRoboto19XX

Rugal's Thug
Second on the Arcadetower confirmation. I recieved a board I bought back in December not realizing he was the renamed STV. Still ticked I gave that hack any business. :mad:

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
the only way to stop the guy is for someone else to step up and compete better. He's basically Wal-Mart at this point, knocking out the Mom and Pop shops by buying up all the stock, restricting what others can get unless they get it from him etc. He also seems to defend his "turf" by paying more than market value on some auctions so others don't get it. To beat him the same stuff would need to happen to him... but no one really seems willing to do that (at least that I've heard of).

The backlash against him on these forums certainly has and will hurt his business, he likely could have done very well and been respected had he conducted himself differently, but the forum stuff won't end his profitability because he currently has the supply and there are many looking for what he's selling....

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I'd agree with all that, he's set himself up as a one stop shop for arcade related stuff it seems. Anybody that doesn't live in Japan or doesn't use ebay japan would probably find him to be an easy option because of his large stock...often decent prices and his proxy bidding. More competiton is always a good solution...

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Who can compete with him? Honest question, don't mean to be snarky. That would have to a pretty specific person.

I'd agree with all that, he's set himself up as a one stop shop for arcade related stuff it seems. Anybody that doesn't live in Japan or doesn't use ebay japan would probably find him to be an easy option because of his large stock...often decent prices and his proxy bidding. More competiton is always a good solution...

I don't see how 1 person scooping everything up is good competition.

Anyone who wants to use YAJ to for PCBs is screwed now b/c he's doing shenanigans with a whole bunch of different accounts. And yes, many westerners use YAJ. Only the lazy use Steve.

Rancor

Rocnar,
Gaijinpunch and myself try to do as much as we can, but we both have full time jobs and families that we have to spend time with. Use Rinkya, SMJ, etc. This is literally a case where I have to say "anyone but him"...

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
At this point his site isn't up. he's 100% ebay. It would be pretty shady, but if many buyers were to buy his stuff and leave negative feedbacks, that's would be catastrophic for him. He can't just open a new account and hope to sell high dollar stuff with zero feedback. the feedback system on ebay is really stacked against the buyer, there won't be much he'll be able to do. that being said . his feedback is pretty good so it would take a LOT of negative feedback...

Last edited:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Well looks like he is going after everything that is profitable PCB wise on YAJ now. A bunch of the auctions were won by his nao account.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Gaijinpunch and myself try to do as much as we can, but we both have full time jobs and families that we have to spend time with. Use Rinkya, SMJ, etc. This is literally a case where I have to say "anyone but him"...

thank you for fighting the good fight!

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I don't see how 1 person scooping everything up is good competition.

It's not...that's why I said "more" competition is a good thing...thus lowering the prices eventually...

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
I run into "arcadetower" so often now with when I do reference searches on the bay. 600 for a Donpachi with paper? Good lord... :(

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
We should shill bid his shit and or leave bad feedback, even if everything arrives fine.

Fox1

20 Year Member
Everyone is thinking of doing that, but only one person has done it so far.

system11

Shmups Overlord, ,
I'm willing to bet he's not paying his taxes in Japan despite clearly running a business there. That's something to consider.

Fox1

20 Year Member
Oh I'm sure he isn't. We just need someone in Japan to call him out on it and tell his local city hall.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Everyone is thinking of doing that, but only one person has done it so far.

I haven't seen anything I wanted from him really other than a sold Vampire Hunter. How many negatives does it take to get removed from feebay?

Oh well, a missed opportunity.

Last edited:

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
I made a bid yesterday on YHJ on a CAVE arcade flyer and within the hour he overbid me with a lousy 10 Yen :thevt:

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
We should shill bid his shit and or leave bad feedback, even if everything arrives fine.

This is bad form. Shouldn't have to stoop to that level.

I completely understand the frustration though...

Last edited: