JAMMArcade.net Arcade PCB Encyclopedia

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
As some of you may already know, I recently assumed hosting and webmaster responsibilities for JAMMArcade.net from Porchy. I decided to kick off my new role by introducing what I believe will be a useful resource for arcade repair technicians - an Arcade PCB Encyclopedia.

I have long admired the Console 5 Wiki as a comprehensive source of information for video game consoles. A typical console page will have a capacitor list, describe common faults, and collect manufacturer white papers. The JAMMArcade.net Arcade PCB Encyclopedia will attempt to accomplish the same thing for arcade boards.

My goal is to eventually document the following information in one page each for most arcade boards:

• High quality photos of the boards – both originals and bootlegs
  • Notable ICs and their function
  • Capacitor list
  • Common faults and solutions to those faults
  • Protection mechanisms
  • Schematics and Datasheets
  • Links to other reference resources on the Internet
Given the number of arcade games produced, it may take several years to assemble these resources for every game, but I want to at least start with the most popular and most documented ones. I highly value credit for the original researchers and strive for proper attribution.

The Encyclopedia launches today with information on three boards and I will try to write up 1 - 2 more each week - each one takes a while to research! And yes - I'll be writing up the Neo Geo MVS boards eventually.

Please take a look at the first three Encyclopedia postings and let me know what you think. If you spot any mistakes or are interested in contributing to the Encyclopedia or to other areas of JAMMArcade.net, please let me know.

https://jammarcade.net/arcade-pcb-encyclopedia/