JAMMAFY MY CAPCOM IMPRESS

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2
Hey people, I need your help. I have a capcom impress cab that was converted and had a vga monitor. well that monitor broke and I wanted to empty the cab and put in a whole new system. I want to change the monitor and the insides to back to normal "jamma state". Can anyone sell me or direct me (tell me what I need) to get the monitor, cables, etc to get this running to jamma state and mainly for CPS2 games.

-Thanks for any help guys n gals. CAPCOM INPURESU!

Last edited:

Mike26

McWow,
strt with a jamma loom,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-JAMMA-h...ltDomain_0&hash=item3a67bdab24#ht_6221wt_1338

you need a monitor, i cannot help with that aspect, i am not sure where to source one online, i would check with some local arcade distributers or coinop supply companies within driving distance. What i would do is get a manual for your impress, figure out the original dimensions of the stock monitor, features you want, e.g. 15hz for common jamma games like neo geo, cps2 hardware, 24hz for medium res hardware, or if you require 31hz for 2000's hi-res hardware, e.g. if you plan on running Taito_Type_X hardware that requires higher res stuff.

you will need some soldering experience to wire up that jamma loom, and i need to know what your button situation is like, as well as your coin switches etc. Are you rocking a audio amp for stereo in that cab?

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2
yea I have an extra kick harness. I'll look into the PSU.

thanks!

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2
Thinking about buying that Makvision monitor on xgaming(com) very expensive at a $570 with shipping but I think I have no other choice. But it is a tri sync. Does anyone know if it'll fit? it is a 29" monitor and thats what an impress uses and I know if it does fit I can always use the black foam since it is a curve bezel and a flat monitor. so, does anyone know if it'll fit?

thanks

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Why not just get the monitor repaired? what's wrong with it? Or get a replacement chassis for it.

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2
hey, I tried fixing it. it had a crappy WG D9200 but I had the resolution too high and it messed up the controls for the picture. I was told to get IC chip (don't remember which one) but I soldered it on and still no fix. it's a pretty bad monitor anyway and I heard the makvisions are pretty good.

Mosque

Super Sidekicks 2
I'm altered beasting this thread. I have since put a makvison monitor in the impress and an xbox but now I want to make it back to jamma. does anyone have a capcom impress wiring set with the original psu?

does anyone have this?

3488870435_ed4513880c_b.jpg

Last edited: