Jaleco back in the day (quality company)

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I remember having a subscription to Die Hard Gamefan magazine and seeing an article for an upcoming JPN game called 'Rushing Beat'. The game looked awesome I remember ordering it from an import shop. I recall the "JALECO!" intro. It was one of my fav beat-em-up type games for a long time(next to Final Fight). I believe they changed the name of the game when it came state side to 'Rival Turf'.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I believe they changed the name of the game when it came state side to 'Rival Turf'.

They did.

The first one was called "Rival Turf", second was called "Brawl Brothers" and the third was called "The Peace Keepers".

Out of the three, "The Peace Keepers" was a horrible port. They took out the BGM and changed the character profiles.

andsuchisdeath said:
Hey Maurvy V wanna sell me your Rushing Beat Shura?

Nah, son. I'm keeping that one. Trying to legit complete it.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
They did.

The first one was called "Rival Turf", second was called "Brawl Brothers" and the third was called "The Peace Keepers".

Out of the three, "The Peace Keepers" was a horrible port. They took out the BGM and changed the character profiles.

You mean "horrible localization", not port. Much of the background music in The Peacekeepers can be accessed through the option menu. They changed the animation for much of the super moves as well. Yes, the characters portraits were also redone.

Nah, son. I'm keeping that one. Trying to legit complete it.

Like complete box and manual?

Anyways, learn how to use Echo's air qcf + y, a lot. ok son

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
You mean "horrible localization", not port. Much of the background music in The Peacekeepers can be accessed through the option menu. They changed the animation for much of the super moves as well. Yes, the characters portraits were also redone.

Like complete box and manual?

Anyways, learn how to use Echo's air qcf + y, a lot. ok son

:tickled:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
It seems to me like Peace Keepers could have been a 4PL simultaneous game. Or couldn't the SNES handle all the sprites?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Jaleco did surprise me with Carrier. The only 60fps survival-horror game on a console. You could even switch to Japanese with English subs in the US version. There was slowdown and both audio tracks were kind of meh, but the game was fun and 60fps VGA ruled back then.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I also give Jaleco props for publishing the PS1 version of Nectaris in the US. Fantastic game.