itunes clusterfuck

Igniz v2

whinny little kid, why r teens so angry, needs sec
OK, itunes has given me reason enough to hate it already, but it's gone a step further today.

basically, i downloaded some music from the itunes store via the iphone's application for it

and, after i plugged it into my computer, i can't listen to them because all the tracks have been muted

i imagine it has to do with some type of convoluted authorization shit, can anyone help me to revive my lost tracks?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
OK, itunes has given me reason enough to hate it already, but it's gone a step further today.

basically, i downloaded some music from the itunes store via the iphone's application for it

and, after i plugged it into my computer, i can't listen to them because all the tracks have been muted

i imagine it has to do with some type of convoluted authorization shit, can anyone help me to revive my lost tracks?

Is your computer authorized? If not, all you have to do is click on store in the menu, then click authorize this computer or whatever, and put in your email & password and you're done.

But yeah, fuck the iTunes store, I'd rather have the real CD. Then I can import it into iTunes at whatever quality settings I want. And NO DRM.

Last edited:

Igniz v2

well, it appears to be a lost cause - before i could do that, it turns out that itunes sought fit to remove the music from my phone because i didn't transfer it to library?

woo, credit wasted!

a strong case is made here against download stores and how pointless they are. can't delete a real CD from existence accidentally.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
iTunes is dog shit.

Thankfully I just drop music directly onto my PSP these days. No BS software, and very fast transfers.

Igniz v2

well, as to why i downloaded stuff from there anyways, it was because i needed to make an itunes account to access some free stuff on app store - AIM, othello, last fm, etc, so i needed to get a gift card as i don't have a CC.

got an urge to hear something i didn't have on my ipod, so as i was walking down the street i just waited til i got in range of wifi and then got the song through itunes with the credit from said card. i don't really have a legitimate enthusiasm for downloading stuff from there..

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
delete itunes and get Floola instead.

I had a similar experience with itunes fucking up my ipod to the point I needed to get a new one, and ruining my old laptop. Apple has no clue how to program, just knows how to market.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
iTunes is a marketing gimmick, not a music player.

It's bad enough Apple is charging 3x more for a MP3 player because it has their logo on it, but who actually pays for music ?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
iTunes is a marketing gimmick, not a music player.

It's bad enough Apple is charging 3x more for a MP3 player because it has their logo on it, but who actually pays for music ?

not I.

The PSP is a better music player anyways.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
post 9 and no boriqua defence post?
daaaamn.

but yea, itunes sucks. Its slow, clunky, and loves to lock up. Just like my iPod, but I got it for free, so can't complain too much I guess.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Who the fuck uses itunes? Oh yeah, faggots like igniz do, my bad.
Steal your music like everybody else.

lol apple

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
iTunes seems to pop up on any PC I use, I think with downloading Quicktime. I delete it. :)

Igniz v2

lol apple

people with apple mp3 players/iphones?

and.. believe me, i do.

anyways, stop being so sour just because I have a memento of your time on war-room lockdown in my sig.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I use Itunes as a Music manager, ID3 Tagg Editor, Device Syncer.

I does shit that no other free program does....

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I can kind of feel where you're coming from Igniz. The first time I tried using iTunes, I was careful as fuck not to lose my music, so when it asked for auto update, I pressed the button for "NO" with extreme prejudice until I found the manual update setting. After that it was smooth as Chocolate Rain.

When programmers hide their most important options in the most obscure of menu settings, one almost wishes that each software package comes with its own butler to handle it, so if something goes wrong, the blame can lie squarely on the butler.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
A frosty cold beer or limeade will calm you down to the wire.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

lol apple

Listen up Prussian, your sig is the nerdiest shit I have ever seen.

Brings a tear to my eye.

Also guys, Boriqua hasn't posted in a long while.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Listen up Prussian, your sig is the nerdiest shit I have ever seen.

Brings a tear to my eye.

Also guys, Boriqua hasn't posted in a long while.

Tom Cruise has also been silent lately. Must be a cult thing.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I use Itunes as a Music manager, ID3 Tagg Editor, Device Syncer.

I does shit that no other free program does....

Bingo... iTunes is the best way to rip/catalog your mp3's. As a store though, it's balls. I have 0 iTunes store songs on my computer now, all my music was ripped from my own CD collection.

Plus, iPods are still the best mp3 players, imo.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Plus, iPods are still the best mp3 players, imo.

Until the battery dies.

Oh, and you have to use iTunes.

Those are the 2 reasons I won't get one.

I want to be able to drag and drop, and easily replace the battery myself.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Now, Igniz, when you say 'muted', do you mean:

1) No sound from the track

or

2) The track is grayed out?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Until the battery dies.

you don't have to use itunes, but this isn't exactly something Apple wants to publicize. Floola is the best replacement for itunes, and in fact better than itunes. Low overhead, speed, and less risk of ruining your computer.

But overall, the ipod isn't quality hardware. It's a much better idea to buy an 8 gb SD card for $55 (or less, these things drop in price daily) and plug it into a PSP slim. It's so nice to have all my music videos on demand when I go t the gym. Better than the selection the gym offers.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Until the battery dies.

I recently had self replaced the battery, its not as bad as you'd imagine, and cost about $40 or so. Let me tell you though, those cases are not as seamless as they appear, my ipod was filled with dirt and grass (from lawn mowing)

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Until the battery dies.

I drag and drop songs from my itunes playlist into my nano all the time. I don't see the fuss about iTunes, Ive never had it fuck up before, and I've been using it for about 4 years now.

And yeah, the batteries could be better, but if you know what you're doing you can replace them pretty easily when they take a shit... but none of my ipod's batteries got that bad. I've owned 3 so far.