It's Spring Forward Time once again.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Time to set them clocks up an hour in the United States this Sunday, March 13th at 2 a.m. Hawaii and Arizona do not observe DST so leave them clocks alone.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
It must be awesome to live in an area where you don't have to change the fucking clocks around. What an antiquated notion this is.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I remember a time before daylight savings...I remember a time before internet...good times?

Edit: I do like the 9PM dusk setting though...reminds me of Europe...

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Fuck this change more than any other. My friends band is in town on tour Saturday and will probably want/need to stay at my place and I have a meeting at 6:00 am on Sunday. That's some bullshit timing.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Wtf, Arizona? Get with the times.

Actually, daylight savings time is a relic of the past.

California is potentially going to finally get with the times because there is a new bill up for vote that will end it in our state.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Good on you, California. About time we did something not retarded.
There's no reason for this shit in the age of alarm clocks.
The farmers can adjust their alarms instead of forcing everyone to fuck with their clocks twice a year.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Good on you, California. About time we did something not retarded.
There's no reason for this shit in the age of alarm clocks.
The farmers can adjust their alarms instead of forcing everyone to fuck with their clocks twice a year.

I never understood why the farmers just couldn't wake up earlier.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I would vote for the first candidate that promise to do away Day Light Savings.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Fuck daylight savings time. Ben Franklin why do you hate everyone?

Franklin did not propose DST, the closest thing he did was write a satire proposing to force-wake everyone at sunrise via church bells or canon.

Honestly, DST exists so programmers make money fixing all the data corruption associated with it, and because it helps retailers due to longer daylight hours in the evening.

Though we would save a fuck-ton of money if we simply suggested to companies to adjust their hours per season. (We would save even more money and hassle if we all just adopted Greenwich Mean Time)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Eh... I don't think I like the idea of CA ending Daylight Saving Time. Not because I love going around changing the few manual clocks I have left in the place. It is a pain, and the stove/microwave always seems to get a minute out of sync when you do that and that drives me even more mad ;)

I hate the spring ahead, but love the fall back. I don't know. It's stupid, and antiquated, sure, but it's also a tradition most of us have observed all of our lives, and as dumb and weird and useless as it is, it's something. It marks a coming of spring, a time of year, a change of some sort. All of my SoCal folks know how rare it is for things to change around here. Weather is mostly constant, minus the June Gloom, and only the super early darkness of winter, or the wicked early sun of summer really gives us any indication that it's one season or the next.

That, and I really think it would be a pain in the ass to have to keep track of times when working with people across the country. I work with people in Raleigh every day, so I'd still have to set clocks somewhere to figure out what my still observing colleagues are up to.

I always figured being in AZ would be such a PitA simply because half the year you're trying to figure out what time it is across the state line. Especially when dealing with travel plans.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Though we would save a fuck-ton of money if we simply suggested to companies to adjust their hours per season. (We would save even more money and hassle if we all just adopted Greenwich Mean Time)

What an awful idea.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Eh... I don't think I like the idea of CA ending Daylight Saving Time. Not because I love going around changing the few manual clocks I have left in the place. It is a pain, and the stove/microwave always seems to get a minute out of sync when you do that and that drives me even more mad ;)

I hate the spring ahead, but love the fall back. I don't know. It's stupid, and antiquated, sure, but it's also a tradition most of us have observed all of our lives, and as dumb and weird and useless as it is, it's something. It marks a coming of spring, a time of year, a change of some sort. All of my SoCal folks know how rare it is for things to change around here. Weather is mostly constant, minus the June Gloom, and only the super early darkness of winter, or the wicked early sun of summer really gives us any indication that it's one season or the next.

That, and I really think it would be a pain in the ass to have to keep track of times when working with people across the country. I work with people in Raleigh every day, so I'd still have to set clocks somewhere to figure out what my still observing colleagues are up to.

I always figured being in AZ would be such a PitA simply because half the year you're trying to figure out what time it is across the state line. Especially when dealing with travel plans.

Meh, in the age of cellphones it doesn't really matter anymore.

I bet no one would miss changing their clocks if they weren't told to do so, and since more and more people use their phone as an alarm, it's automagically done for most anyways.

Down with DST.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

California is potentially going to finally get with the times because there is a new bill up for vote that will end it in our state.

There were multiple jokes to what I said, but I agree, it feels antiquated.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Fuck this change more than any other. My friends band is in town on tour Saturday and will probably want/need to stay at my place and I have a meeting at 6:00 am on Sunday. That's some bullshit timing.

Fuck 6:00 AM meetings on a Sunday.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I like the sun...as long as I'm not so tired as to have to go to bed before it sets, that makes me feel too old.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,

Oh how I hope this happens, it is seriously unwelcome in my book.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I remember learning that daylight savings time began in order to conserve oil which was needed for the war effort during the first World War. Most Americans used oil lamps during that time, so by having the sun out later in the day, less oil would theoretically be used on lighting. That could be incorrect (I don't particularly feel like googling the history of daylight savings time), but I think I learned that in school as a kid. Anyway, it's stuck with me over the years. I'm not sure what sense it makes anymore though. There's probably a financially motivated political reason that we still have it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I always wondered how hard it is to adjust for Central/Mountain time zone dwellers when TV Network feeds list times in Eastern and Pacific.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I always wondered how hard it is to adjust for Central/Mountain time zone dwellers when TV Network feeds list times in Eastern and Pacific.

Depends, how hard do you find it to add or subtract 1 or 2 hours from the listed time?