Italo Disco, Synthpop, Hi-NRG Fans Thread

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Italo still gets play in NY. Here's one that would always pack the dance floor. Traks cover of the Doobie Bros song.

By the end everyone on the floor's singing WITHOUT LOOOOOOOOOOO-HUHHHHHH-HUUUU-UUUUV!

Bonus points for the yellow codpiece drum break starting at 3:05 in the vid. That biz is too much, hehe.

Last edited:

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I love koto, guy look's like he's jumping around on a hot plate in the vid lol.
Visitors is my favourite track by them.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Jabdah and Dragon's Legend are my favs. I wish there was a proper instrumental version for Dragon's Legend though.

PS: Koto has some of my fav 80s futuristic art. I used to have this one on a shirt. I miss that shirt

Last edited:

cat

Yep, great artwork on they're sleeves sylvie.
Another koto track i love.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I'm also a big fan of Rose. I really like weepy, strong Italian female artists from this time.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
that being said, Elena Ferretti was the singer behind Rose and she is also behind other incredible Italo/eurobeat female models. I forget which right now but I heard one recently and instantly recognized her voice. ALSO INTERSETNG, i thnk Magic Carillon is Rose's more popular track but Stefania Dal Pino was the one singing that. and SHE is also the vocalist of Primadonna's "Angel You" which is one of my fav italo tracks

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
My girlfriend owned a record store for about 10 years that specialized in lots of weird and generally out there stuff. She has tons of really good italo and synth records that I don't know shit about.

Here is one she played for me recently that I thought was awesome:

cat

Another classic.
Is it just me, but does Lana Pellay sound a lot like pete burns from dead or alive.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
My girlfriend owned a record store for about 10 years that specialized in lots of weird and generally out there stuff. She has tons of really good italo and synth records that I don't know shit about.

Here is one she played for me recently that I thought was awesome:

Yes, this is a great one. You should check out CBS (Cybernetic Broadcasting System) 2004 Top 100. CBS is the old name for Intergalactic FM, the best italo disco/space synth/disco station ever. But this particular 2004 top 100 set is killer, and Every Sunday by Crazy Gang is on it and it segues into Hey DJ by B. Rose

PinkSweets

King's Dry Cleaner
I'm also a big fan of Rose. I really like weepy, strong Italian female artists from this time.

Hey Sylvie, by any chance do you have a playlist anywhere of just 80's tracks that are very similar to this? YouTube, Spotify, SoundCloud? Looking for a ton of songs that I can just play straight through. I'm mostly familiar with newer synthwave artists but would like to discover older tracks.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Hey Sylvie, by any chance do you have a playlist anywhere of just 80's tracks that are very similar to this? YouTube, Spotify, SoundCloud? Looking for a ton of songs that I can just play straight through. I'm mostly familiar with newer synthwave artists but would like to discover older tracks.

I don't have a playlist or anything, but all the songs posted here so far are really good. Just keep an eye on this thread.

cat

Another classic Bobby O track sung by the flirts.

Last edited:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Sharing a little-known Giombini track. A-side is too weird, but the instrumental is on fire. This is the same guy that did Lunatic and Masterpiece by Gazebo and the famous Dolce Vita by Ryan Paris. I am pretty positive he did I Want You and You Are A Danger by Gary Low but I might be wrong?

You can hear the Gary Low style in this track by Tortuga.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
One of my favorite tracks off of Baltimora's Living in the Background:

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
FUN FUN is legit! If you haven't, make sure you check out Hot & Cold "Love Is Like A Game", Ivana Spagna & Antonella Pepe are the vocalists in both Fun Fun and Hot Cold.

My favorite Fun Fun tracks:

*Sing Another Song has made me cry on several occasions. It is a really, really beautiful song. The lyrics are cryptic due to the poor english but it makes them obscurely hopeful, perhaps in a morose way though. MAybe thats why it hits so hard. Regardless, it always makes me want to lift myself up and try, try again.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Here are some tracks from various projects involving the singer Emanuela Gubinelli. She is more well known as Marina Lai, a pop singer. She also had a seemingly good career in the early 90s by the name Taleesa. I haven't heard anything by her under that name

Marina Lai, 1984. This is actually a very beautiful track, and prompted me to have a lot of respect for Emanuela. I was super happy to find out she is Ross, one of my favorite eurobeat singers.

ROSS

Angie Starr, 1991 Eurobeat

Donna Luna, 1990

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Karin Rex 1991

Maggie Sue, 1991

Mandy Gordon

Mio Tipo, 1991 eurobeat

Morena

Last edited:

cat

Anyone remember cyber people ???.

Another classic, go go yellow screen, i love this track.