It was an AES Christmas for me!!

BHGamer

n00b
It's been a long time since I have been on the forums, I got divorced several years ago and had to liquidate a lot of my collection which included my Neo CD collection, I still got the MVS. Well after I don't know, 5 years now and rebuilding my collection, I decided instead of going Neo CD, to go with the AES, which is something I have always wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZh59gMDrGI

This is me unboxing my AES gift to myself. I am very excited to be getting into the Neo-Geo hobby again, which I know the AES is a much more expensive hobby, but I love it, I got a couple games and I am very happy with it. It's a Japanese version, which I don't really care all the carts work the same, and most games I imagine, you do not need to really know the language to play and enjoy them, like The Super Spy I have, was fine.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I'm not sure if you plan to buy any of the expensive home carts but if you do, be careful what you're buying bro, there is a lot of AES counterfeits around these days.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Just don't collect too fast. A good rhythm is to buy the next game only after finishing the one you already have on your shelf, preferably with a one credit clear. Of course only then, if you want to get the most out of it. There are still a lot of low tier gems out there: FF 1+2+3, AoF 1, SS I+II+II, Blue's Journey, Super Baseball 2020, Karnov's Revenge, KoF '94-'97... all can be had for under $60 each.

BHGamer

n00b
I'm not sure if you plan to buy any of the expensive home carts but if you do, be careful what you're buying bro, there is a lot of AES counterfeits around these days.

Ok thanks for the warning.

And KOF 97 was my favorite KOF that I had for Neo CD, just the loading really sucked so I just did 1 v 1 fighting. I'll definitely be getting it for AES. I have KOF 2003 on MVS, but I still really like 97.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
to be honest I don't understand the purpose of this thread or the "unboxing" video (not gonna watch 17 minutes, sry)...
couldn't you just have posted in here?

But, whatever, have fun with your console+games. Cool you got it.

P.S.: Plz, don't support destructive bootlegs/conversions, just buy a Converter (e.g. Magic Key 2) and buy MVS (multi)carts.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Get a UniBIOS for that. Then sell it to buy more MVS and NGCD games. And a light so your videos are actually watchable.

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm gonna be BRUTALLY HONEST.

It was a terrible xmas for me.

Your videos are BRUTALLY TERRIBLE.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Congratulations on your purchase. I'm sure you'll be able to find some affordable games.

Why is this video 17 minutes long? What more could you possibly bring to the table that someone else hasn't documented elsewhere?

What makes you the defacto source for any of the information you're trying to disseminate?

Why do all these "personalities" have to do "unboxings"? Are people just that vain that they believe that the rest of the world wants to see what they waste their money on? The only thing I can equate this to is how people try to assert dominance when they turn up their music in public - it seems that people are trying to prove that they're better than everyone else by showing that they have a home console and some overpriced carts.

WHY IS REVIEWING OLD GAMES A THING?!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Why is this video 17 minutes long? What more could you possibly bring to the table that someone else hasn't documented elsewhere?

What makes you the defacto source for any of the information you're trying to disseminate?

324 subscribers can't be wrong. BRUTAL HONESTY has a high appeal these days you know..

WHY IS REVIEWING OLD GAMES A THING?!

Because no one can tell if you don't know what you're talking about because all of the people listening to the reviews are ignorant themselves.

It's easy and people just love it. It's a feelin' good vibin' kinda thing :)