It prequel in the works on HBO Max

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member

Um, maybe I'm remembering wrong, but, wasn't It around since the beginning of time in the book or something? This is supposed to be set in the 1960s and tell his origin, which has me thinking they'll change him into being a normal guy to begin with that somehow becomes It?

Stephen King wrote a more recent short story where It was selling "life extensions" to people in exchange for destroying someone else's life. That'd be a more interesting TV series in my opinion.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Let's brainstorm some tv ideas: Young James Bond

Like it says on the tin, this show follows the adventures and growing pains of the secret agent as a teenager. The show is set in a English public school, where not only James, but also young Blofeld, M and Q are pupils. Nearby these lies a girls' public school which in turn houses young Moneypenny. In order to update this franchise for the new progressive era, the future commander Bond is now a bisexual Sikh in a wheel chair, said wheelchair can also be used as an endless source of gags based on the original car ones.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Let's brainstorm some tv ideas: Young James Bond

Like it says on the tin, this show follows the adventures and growing pains of the secret agent as a teenager. The show is set in a English public school, where not only James, but also young Blofeld, M and Q are pupils. Nearby these lies a girls' public school which in turn houses young Moneypenny. In order to update this franchise for the new progressive era, the future commander Bond is now a bisexual Sikh in a wheel chair, said wheelchair can also be used as an endless source of gags based on the original car ones.

If such a show came to fruition I’d seriously consider suicide.

@M

20 Year Member
My feeling is that they'll do a Freddy Krueger angle with It. He was a real clown and child killer/molester, died or was killed, and came back as a supernatural entity.

@M

20 Year Member
I think IT works better as a novel than live action; a lot of Stephen King stuff does.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I thought the recent movies were a mixed bag. A story like IT would probably work better as a TV series. I'll probably check this new one out if it happens.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I never thought King was great at finishing a novel - I always had the feeling they were written like american tv shows - go balls deep on a good idea with no clear plan for the conclusion.

@M

20 Year Member
A "normal" writer would be told to pare a novel down to around 300-400 pages by his/her editor, but, because he's Stephen King, they let him write 700-1,000 pages if he wants to. I find his book endings generally satisfactory. I like his earlier stuff better than his later works and prefer his short story collections to the novels, but, I've read around 90% of everything he's done.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
My feeling is that they'll do a Freddy Krueger angle with It. He was a real clown and child killer/molester, died or was killed, and came back as a supernatural entity.

That wouldn't be IT , so no, they are not going to go that route.

@M

20 Year Member
Hopefully not, but, if they're going to explore It's origins in the 1960s, that implies to me that the Pennywise entity will be a relatively modern thing, not a super ancient evil, but, I could be completely wrong.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Hopefully not, but, if they're going to explore It's origins in the 1960s, that implies to me that the Pennywise entity will be a relatively modern thing, not a super ancient evil, but, I could be completely wrong.

being set in 1960 doesn't imply anything about the entity other than the horrors it brings will be in that time period. It's not an origin story either as IT was there long before 1960 as well. It's merely another IT franchise but set in 1960 instead of 1990.

@M

20 Year Member
The article I linked to in my first post said the show will include It's origin, but, I'm also probably making too many biased assumptions on the limited information that they shared.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
IT 2019/2020 also included an origin story.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The novel had a fucking 12 year old gangbang. 80s King on coke, man.

@M

20 Year Member
Yeah, that was one of the most messed up things King ever put to paper.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
They did that already, it's called Kingsmen but instead of being a trans/handicapable/mixed race nerd he's a chav.
Only seen the trailer, seemed pretty cringe.