Issues after chassis swap

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
So I bought a brand new MS2932 chassis from Giz10p to swap in for an MS9. Everything looks good except that I can't get the horizontal to fill the screen. I'm left with about 1-1/2" on either side. I tried all the adjustment pots on the chassis and control board but still can't figure it out. When I adjust the H.SIZE LIMIT pot on the chassis all the way it just stretches out the corners and distorts the picture. This is as wide as I can make it before the geometry goes all to shit. Any ideas?

77c9800c-891b-4249-abe0-c2e9005e91fd_zpsd78596ad.jpg

Last edited:

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Isn't there a female pin that lets you switch between "wide" and/or "Narrow"?? even cheap chassis like the Weiya's and rodotron 666's have it.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
When I use my Dreamcast in my blast with the ms-2930 chassis it's not fullscreen either. Pretty sure 360 is though, I dunno it's weird. Definitely also looking for a solution.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Here's the Wide/Narrow pin marked in red on my MS9, I don't know if your chassis is similar:

pipes

When I use my Dreamcast in my blast with the ms-2930 chassis it's not fullscreen either. Pretty sure 360 is though, I dunno it's weird. Definitely also looking for a solution.

Yeah, I've tried my 360 and Atomiswave and both do the same thing.

One thing to note though is that I had both the AW and 360 in my Naomi Universal with MS-2932 and I had no problems whatsoever.

Here's the Wide/Narrow pin marked in red on my MS9, I don't know if your chassis is similar:

Interesting...I had no idea about that. I'll have to check and see if the MS-2932 has the same thing. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I have the same issue with anything VGA on my 2930. Its like a good half inch on either side.

pipes

Well, I just checked and there doesn't appear to be any thing like what is shown on the MS9 for switching from narrow to wide.

Ahh, looks like I'm going to have to use this tube for 15khz gaming then. I'll keep that chassis in case the one in my Naomi cab craps out on me I guess.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Well there's one last thing you can try, but again it depends of the chassis model, in some arcade monitors there's a "screen voltage" pot which is used to increase the contrast of the screen but it also widens the screen vertically and horizontally, you can try to move it a bit and see what happens.

pipes

I did mess around with that as well just to get the picture dialed in. I didn't notice that it changed the size of the image though. I just had an idea actually. I have another MS9 monitor in my NAC....I'll try the MS-2932 on that tube and see what happens. If it works out then I can just swap monitors from one cab to the other since I want to keep an MS9 in my NAC. I'll see how it goes. Maybe the 2932 just doesn't like that particular tube for some reason. This is going to be a huge pain in the ass but hopefully it'll be worth the effort.