Isn´t the stereo-mod useless ?

Fedor

New Challenger
I´m always wondering why people want a stereo-mod for their homesystems.
If the headphone-jack provides stereo sound, couldn´t you easily plug in a cable that splits to two chinch plugs (like the ones delivered with Discmen) in order to plug your NEO to a stereo amplifier?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
according to many pompus-ass members, a cable sticking out of the front looks ugly oh_no

on the tech side of things though, its nice to have the sound at line level, but imo its not that big of a deal.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I think it comes down to your personal preference. I've had the mod done and I'm pleased. And besides, it was a part of the S-Video/Debug mod package. So, I mean, why not?

And it wasnt like it was a lot of money either. And it does look cleaner not having it come from the front. Nothing pompous about it.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
SonicTroll,

anyway.. I got the mod on the back, but I use the phono connector on the front.. I was bored.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i said what i said because i remember some collector complaining about having a cable comin out of the front like it was this big deal.

ofcourse its nice to have them in the back, and why not when youre getting it modded, but to JUST do that is kind of pointless unless youre doing it for the 'thrill' of modding, which is cool.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
The sound is set too low with the stereo mod.

It may be uglier from the front, but much more effective. wink