Is your PSP screen scratched up?

Ken Masters

Another Striker
When I got my PSP on the 24th I was lucky to not have dead pixels but it came with a scratch in the bottom right corner.Its a week now and I've used that cloth it comes with to clean the finger prints from the screen and now I noticed a lot of scratches.Does anybody have scratches on their screens?

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Make sure you don't leave the cloth anywhere to pick up any dirt before buffing.

It's like leaving a car buffer on the floor- if you get sand on it and wax you car- hello scratches.

C.A.R25

Genjuro's Frog
The screen is real easy to scratch...

All the scratches I have on my PSP is mostly my own falt... using something other than the cloth (with no hair etc particles) is a bad idea... once I used one of those cotton ear cleaners, and I got some small scratches.

You need to look in some good light though to see my scratches, nothing significant IMO... just have to be carefull when cleaning etc.

barf

Maxima's Barber
sure i have scratches (3 months that i have my PSP), because i use it as a handheld and as such put it in my jacket inner pocket directly (no case or whatever, it s a gaming machine not a piece of collection).

The system is verry verry verry easily to scratch. Sony did false advertizement that a knife would have to be used to scratch it thanx to a new plastic/plexy mix prior to release but in fact they meant you cannot damage the lcd cells.

At least they are not a problem thanks to the good brightness of the system.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
No.

Before I even turned it on, I installed a HORI screen protector. And I only carry it around in a Airform Pocket case.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Ken Masters said:
When I got my PSP on the 24th I was lucky to not have dead pixels but it came with a scratch in the bottom right corner.Its a week now and I've used that cloth it comes with to clean the finger prints from the screen and now I noticed a lot of scratches.Does anybody have scratches on their screens?

Put a screen protector on it when purchased, and you won't have any problem. Hori makes a good one as people have pointed out here before. If you don't put one on, yes you will get scratches, its unavoidable.