Is there a release date set for the alternative DS Lite colors in the US?

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Been checking out various sites to see if there was, but couldn't find any specifics on the subject.

Don't know if there even is a set date yet... but I figured I'd ask and snoop around a bit more, because although I want a Lite, I think waiting for a domestic release of the Smart Black or Enamel Navy colored ones would be worth the wait.

Diggerman

Zero's Tailor
Nope, absolutely nothing. It's white only for now.

If there are new color announcements they will probably happen as the Fall approaches, and certainly by Xmas there will likely be a new color to boost sales. But considering how Nintendo is working quite hard just to meet demand for the Lites worldwide, I wouldn't expect new color choices anytime soon. Certainly not this summer.

So NOA screwed us (USA) over in terms of launch color variety. But at least the white Lite is one of the classiest colors, and does look damn good. It was actualy my first choice of the 3 Japanese colors, so I'm not too upset. But the Euro black would be my first choice, just because I like black for most electronics.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Yeah, figured that not being to find a scheduled release date for them meant that I wouldn't be seeing one in US stores for a few months.

Typical bullshit...

Kind of used to it by now, but it will always be a little annoying how we get a fraction of the goodies that Japan ends up getting.

Not that I have any problem with the color of the white DS Lite, but black is my color, and I would've went with that if I had the option.

(Granted, I do have the option of importing, but I'm trying to be more conservative when it comes to my spending and it's not really worth the extra money for a trivial matter such as a preference in color choices.)

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
The dark ones get such insane finger prints and smudges, it might drive you crazy.
Well, at least they're more NOTICEABLE on the darker systems.
Ask anyone with a NAVY colored one.

I was going to wait for a BLACK system to be released in the US, but man, after seeing a navy in person? I realize I would most likely go INSANE trying to keep it looking decent while playing.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
After playing around with it for an hour now, I've noticed that fingerprints and smudges are actually quite noticable on the Crystal White version as well.

Not a complainable issue, since the system itself is bea-fucking-utiful, but I can imagine how greased and smudged-up the darker Lite versions would be.

That Black version is sleek as hell though... but I'm digging the Crystal White version just fine as it is now.

BIG

sony fanboy
From my experience with the Navy Enamel version,I'd say,stick with the CW.

B-

ray_7

If only they made it with cheap material like the GP2X then we wouldn't get fingerprints while still enjoying the games... :p

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
As cool as the black DS looks, from experience with a PSP and a Black iPod video. Black is a bad idea, fingerprints are all over the place.