Is Shawn at the Neo Store............???

What is Shawn doing or where is shawn............???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
The_Chosen_One said:
I don't know if anyone else has a current order going so I thought I'd share mine. I placed an order last night around 12.00AM CST and received a confirmation email within hours, and around 1:30PM today received a tracking number etc. This is exactly how all my previous orders were handled and I received all them in 2-3 days. I expect this one will be the same.

I'm not trying to take any sides or kiss any asses here. Just sharing an ongoing order that I have going, and I've been here quite some time and have ordered from the Neo Store several times. Just thought I'd let you guys know, and I'll update when the items arrive.

For those interested, I received my game etc. yesterday morning. That's exactly 3 days after I ordered it. Same service I've always received down to the freebies. If there is or was a problem I've seen no evidence of it from my deal(s) with the Neo Store

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Sticky this thread

TonK said:
I really feel for you guys.
I'm sorry, but its starting to become more and more difficult for me to keep sticking up for Shawn.

Nobody ask you to do that.

And if you don't agree with my vision of business, then you don't agree with the global vision of international business. Fucking communist. :D And don't tell me the crazy amount of $$$ spent isn't worth all that thing.

The fact is that Shawn's not selling soxs, but Neo carts. That makes a fucking difference. Some are Hardcorellectors and hundreds of dollars are in game. Nobody would complain if they had no news of their order if it was something with no value.

And don't get me wrong, I already ordered at Shawn's and probably would as long as everything's alright. I don't say all this to make him suck, but just because this is the way business runs.
And the fact that he's alone is worth nothing. Look how he took care of all of us along those years. At least he should decrease the size of the store to have less trouble.

I really can understand that keeping a top service during years is difficult, really so what do we have to do? Keeping faith? Ask this to the ones that paid top premium price for games. I personnaly do because I haven't ordered during this period but man, it's hard for the customers to stay faithful.

Division

Crossed Swords Squire
I thought I would throw in a few comments. Relavent or not, thats everyones opinion, just thought I would share.

I've heard of a lot of MMORPG stories as I've been an avid MMO player since Asheron's Call came out. For those who never played them, they are VERY ADDICTING. At one point in my life I was actually playing 80 hours a WEEK. Basicly I woke up, took a crap, ate something, played, went to bed.

Now I never went to such extreme as to let my business stumble, or fall too far behind in work, but its not terribly uncommon to hear that happen. My character was very famous on the Asherons' Call - Morningthaw server...named "Darkside Babylon". One day after a lot of shit hit the fan, I finally quit and sold my main account. I actually got $2,000.00 for that account, 5th highest level on a server of more than 3,000. Then later I sold another account for $1,500.00. I actually had 4 accounts at one time with 20 characters on Asheron's Call.

Now, it wasn't about 3 months later when I started playing again, but it was with much more moderation and wisdom. Its very scary, but these virtual games can actually create real life money.

Guess what game I play now? World of Warcraft, on the Hellscream server, named "Division". And yes its a great game, seemingly neverending, and very addictive. So I can relate to Shawn. I know people who get really tied into these games. Some examples:

- One friend spent an entire year playing an MMO virtually nonstop. No job, never left the house, wouldn't eat if he was on a quest seemingly, talked about almost nothing but the game.

- Real life PK. (player killer) Someone playing Lineage (worlds largest MMO, mostly outside of the USA) got killed by another player in the game. So as revenge, that person tracked him down in real life....and shot him dead.

- On a positive note, 2 people I knew from my Asheron's Call days actually met, got married, had a kid, and have been very happy with each other for about 5ish years now. They met playing an MMO and did quests and just chatted.

- One person who was good at "powerleveling" other people started a service and charged by the hour to powerlevel someone (one of the very first to ever do so, he was actually a vassel of mine in the game). The guy made over $36,000.00 over just the summer powerleveling other players.

- Someone completely addicted to Everquest played so much and was into intranced by the game, he actually "forgot" to eat, drink, and sleep. Eventually, his body gave out and he DIED while playing online.

So to see someone who runs a gaming shop "dissappear" for a while doesn't really shock me. I think its that to some people, playing an MMO is like having a whole different life. You can build and become whatever you want. I made a lot of friends playing MMO's, and I know I've gone too far a few times, but it can provide an escape from the daily grind. Just those who find themselves addicted need to step back and find a new project. Hell, I knew I was playing WoW a little too much, so I stoped long enough to learn a little PHP and make a new website ( www.darksidebabylon.com ).

Point is, addicted or not, these games take up a lot of your time. Now to go check how my auctions for some potions I got for sale in WoW are doing. :)

Robert

20 Year Member
There is still something disturbing in this thread. How come some people get their order in three days and some are still waiting for ages. If Shawn is currently playing WoW, ALL the orders should be pending and not only some of them. Plus if he takes breaks to run his business why does he take new orders and let the ones waiting for several week?

Doesn't make sense to me.

SHO

Raiden's Valet
well my guess is.....

he has someone working for him doesn he?

may be everything that is done thru the cart system is fine, cos this other person handles it

every other order that requires some sort of email confirmation, might be slow down, possibly this worker does not have access to these emails or its not his line of work............ :spock:

sexage69

n00b
that's even worst

A customer get his games in normal rate and others like me must wait for months?. The worst it's not the waiting, it's the no response.
Is incredible those people that is saying us "wait man! he is playing a fucking game, it's normal"
Do you really think it is a excuse when you pay 600$?
maybe i live in a different world.

Robert

20 Year Member
Of course, you're right.

If you put 600 bucks in a deal and you don't have answers after several weeks, it's a severe lack from the store you bought (whatever the store and whatever the reason why).
If I had an advice for you, just keep cool when you speak on this board since starting to flame will never serve you. Just tell your story and try to find a solution. Read the whole thread and you'll see that pissed of customers get flamed easily and once it starts if quite impossible to stop.
I know that it's easier to say than to do but that's the only solution now.

BTW, there is also something strange. Some here said that they called shawn but no one mention what he said. ?????

sexage69

n00b
i'm cool i'm cool

i'm not doing a drama, life is beautiful the sun is shining and i have a cute girlfriend; next 600$ i'll spend travelling with her, that's a better way i think :)

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
sexage69 said:
i'm not doing a drama, life is beautiful the sun is shining and i have a cute girlfriend; next 600$ i'll spend travelling with her, that's a better way i think :)

Much better than loaning it to a stranger.

gmtkr

n00b
Robert said:
There is still something disturbing in this thread. How come some people get their order in three days and some are still waiting for ages. If Shawn is currently playing WoW, ALL the orders should be pending and not only some of them. Plus if he takes breaks to run his business why does he take new orders and let the ones waiting for several week?

Doesn't make sense to me.
if you place your order with the cart system everything goes fine, but if you need to complete the order via emails FORGET IT :help: :blow_top:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
gmtkr said:
if you place your order with the cart system everything goes fine, but if you need to complete the order via emails FORGET IT :help: :blow_top:

I think he has someone else doing the cart orders.

FrostbayneAucti

Tung's Hair Stylist
Has anyone actually talked to shawn? I mean, since he logged on to explain about wow?

He didn't like get into a car accident or anything, is what I'm saying.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Today I finally received a shipping confirmation from the NeoStore regarding the order I placed on Jan 27th. I hope that this will mark the being on the end of all the problems people have been having the last few months. Shawn’s even going to throw in some freebies.:) It is still a little irritating that it has taken so long to get a response to my many emails. Ohh well...I'm getting what I ordered so all is right in the end. Hopefully, everyone that has had a problem will be receiving what they ordered very soon. I will continue to use the NeoStore. However, I feel that it will no longer be my primary source of Neo related games and accessories. I'm very glad to see things chaning for the better...I was begining to doubt Shawn.

Last edited:

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Neo Ash said:
Today I finally received a shipping confirmation from the NeoStore regarding the order I placed on Jan 27th. I hope that this will mark the being on the end of all the problems people have been having the last few months. Shawn’s even going to throw in some freebies.:) It is still a little irritating that it has taken so long to get a response to my many emails. Ohh well...I'm getting what I ordered so all is right in the end. Hopefully, everyone that has had a problem will be receiving what they ordered very soon. I will continue to use the NeoStore. However, I feel that it will no longer be my primary source of Neo related games and accessories. I'm very glad to see things chaning for the better...I was begining to doubt Shawn.

Well, at least you got a reply. :eye: :eye:

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
once again, tomorrow am shawn will be free during server maintenance. be sure to spam his email with redundant inquiries about orders, but mention that you want to nerf pallies and he will discount your order %15.

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
sexage69 said:
ok me not, talking about 1st of january
shawn you hate me so bad :/

Nah..Nah..I don't think he hates anybody. It sucks but please just wait for your order.

Try contacting him again.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
kafuin_gaira said:
once again, tomorrow am shawn will be free during server maintenance. be sure to spam his email with redundant inquiries about orders, but mention that you want to nerf pallies and he will discount your order %15.

I really wonder why any of you are bashing this sexage guy. I guess everybody here are used to the fact that when they purchase something online they will get the goods within max 2 weeks, no matter where in the world the item comes from.

Antoher example of double standards. If this seller would be anyone else, there would be an enormous hate monument -thread going, with the same busybodys expressing their sympathy for the wronged member.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Well, I've decide to update my friend David's situation:

David had a large store credit from a big sale of NOS MVS kits (including the dodgeball ones). He was trying to contact Shawn to use a part of it towards buying a Neowave and some AES carts during January, when Shawn was MIA. After he reappeared, he replied the email and after some negotiation about shipping method (Shawn asked for 350$ for fedex shipping), EMS shipping was agreed. Last e-mail from Shawn is from February 2nd:

Shawn said:
Ok, will ship today by EMS and provide you with shipping costs afterwards. You will see postage on packages to see actual cost this way, difficult to guess beforehand without knowing package measurements and weight, and can only configure exact shipping costs online with FedEx.

Nothing after that. David has sent several e-mail asking about confirmation of the package actually been sent, and specially the tracking number. The package has not arrived to Barcelona, when EMS from USA usually needs just a week.

So we would really like to hear something about this from Shawn.

FrostbayneAucti

Tung's Hair Stylist
Late said:
Antoher example of double standards. If this seller would be anyone else, there would be an enormous hate monument -thread going, with the same busybodys expressing their sympathy for the wronged member.

I think the difference is street cred. I couldn't get away with it, because I've only been here for 3 months and I only have an 11 trader rating. Shawn has been instrumental in the NG community and has done great business for years, and that builds up a man a lot of credit.

That being said, he's cashing it out.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
FrostbayneAucti said:
I think the difference is street cred. I couldn't get away with it, because I've only been here for 3 months and I only have an 11 trader rating. Shawn has been instrumental in the NG community and has done great business for years, and that builds up a man a lot of credit.

That being said, he's cashing it out.

What I meant was that the way this situation is special, that the complainer is getting flamed just for being concerned about his goods. Basically you just have the standard n-g.com rage but now it seems to flow in the other direction, which is, instrumental or not, ridiculous.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
what is unfair, is if this is all what it seems, then it's as if shawn thinks his rep is gold anyway, and he can do whatever he wants, ship things when he wants, answer emails when he wants, and no one will care, but that is really unfair to these guys who have hundreds of dollars tied up with shawn. i would be fucking pissed, because that's fucking with your money. if shawn doesnt get his shit together, he is going to get himself blacklisted, as the neo store is almost a running joke on his own forums.

Athlon64

Galford's Armourer
DashK and TonK

DashK said:
what is unfair, is if this is all what it seems, then it's as if shawn thinks his rep is gold anyway, and he can do whatever he wants, ship things when he wants, answer emails when he wants, and no one will care, but that is really unfair to these guys who have hundreds of dollars tied up with shawn. i would be fucking pissed, because that's fucking with your money. if shawn doesnt get his shit together, he is going to get himself blacklisted, as the neo store is almost a running joke on his own forums.

Is he even aware of what's happening? I mean how can a store owner allow something like this to happen. I might be wrong but it could be more than just a computer game bug. Let's face it I don't think he is stupid enough to allow his rep and his name to be ruined for the sake of a game that would just be another "phase" in his life. When the luster of Wow dies down what now? I think it's really more than just the game.It could be a drop of interest in the Neo buisness or hobby or hopefully something else.

I know a lot of people are very grateful for his past efforts in keeping the Neo scene alive but that sheild is starting to break as some of his loyal customers are already in-doubt on wether they should order from the store or not.

@TonK

I've seen you stand up for Shawn and started to check things out for yourself to help local and international customers with legit complains.What you're doing is indeed a sign of loyalty and dedication to the site and it's store but when I saw a post of yours with a hint of frustration. It got me and maybe a couple of more guys worried about this extremely sad state.

Status
Not open for further replies.