Is Radiant Silvergun worth the price?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Weevus said:
Any other suggestions for import saturn shooters?

Soukyugurentai. Fine piece of software and only costs about $30-$35.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Any good site with screenshots? What kind of shooter is it?

Kiken

Camel Slug
jro said:
Soukyugurentai. Fine piece of software and only costs about $30-$35.

I concur.

Specifically, to avoid any issues with playing the game on a non-Japanese system, you may want to suggest the re-release: Soukyuugurentai Otokuyo

Kiken

Camel Slug
Weevus, I will say this about Radiant Silvergun:

It is the single greatest and most amazing Saturn Tech Demo you will ever play.

From a design standpoint, the game pulls out virtually every stop that the Saturn's hardware can possibly cope with.

From a gameplay standpoint though, I find that the game is a tad too geometric. It's enjoyable... but I prefer the refined and far more kinetic system employed in Ikaruga.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Thanks for the help guys. I know an ST-Key will play saturn imports, but is there an item that changes the region and is a backup ram in one?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Weevus said:
Thanks for the help guys. I know an ST-Key will play saturn imports, but is there an item that changes the region and is a backup ram in one?

Goddamn thing keeps crashing on me and erasing my response, thus the short nature here:

Yes, you need a 4-in-1 Action Replay. Try PMing Pedu, I think he may still have some for sale. About $30 brand new.

Only problem with the AR is that you won't be able to play multi-disc games (well, other than the first disc, anyway), and you also have to cart-swap to play some of the games that use their own 4 Meg RAM carts (i.e. the Capcom vs. games).

Still definitely worth getting, though, if you're going with an American Saturn. Heck, I bought one to use with my modded JP Saturn just for the extra memory.

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
You can save on your 4-in-1 Action Replay while using it to bypass region? I don't think you can, at least not with Shining Force III. It's a given in the Shining Force community that you need to use the internal memory while converting games from Scenario to Scneario with the PAR. One save game is bigger than half the internal memory so you need to start a new game, convert to a new scenario, delete the save you loaded off of ingame, and then you're finally able to save in the new scenario.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I'm mostly going to playing shooters so I won't have worry about swapping discs too much. Can the AR mod the region for jap games, and save both jap and US games?

Ely13

Sultan of Slugs
I'm 90% sure you can't save on the AR when using it to bypass region, but I don't have my Saturn on-hand to check.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
If I have to I could just get a region bypassing cart and a save cart, I was just trying to effecient.