is lizardlick always out of stock?

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
it seems like lizardlick has shifted from actually carrying things to being pre-order based. is it always like this? have they still not recovered from street fighter 4? its pretty shit that it takes 10+ days to get anything from them. certainly they do enough business to keep some stock around.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I gave up on lizard lick. When they do have stuff it comes really fast in the mail, but they never have stuff.

Lately I have been using focus attack.

red shoe paul

Stakes Winner
15 Year Member
I just ordered a Happ button from them and it came in 2 days after ordering. I saw their Facebook page with tons of pissed off people. So I decided to test the waters and buy 1 pushbutton to see if they'd ship it to me, and they did. Now I'm afraid to order the rest of my buttons..

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Yeah ive been a good supporter of them, but the last order has been brutal! No replies to e-mails no updates, nothing. I'd say do not order from them till they get sorted out. Hopefully soon.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i emailed them when i posted this, still no reply.

i'm giving them the benefit of the doubt given the holidays but i placed the order on the 20th.

jon713

Camel Slug
i emailed them when i posted this, still no reply.

i'm giving them the benefit of the doubt given the holidays but i placed the order on the 20th.

That's still no excuse for them not to send you a simple email with an update, You have given them more than enough time to get back with you.

Take your business somewhere else, Hope you get your stuff soon man.

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
I tried getting a hold of chad several times with no reply as well. It was weird I never had a problem with ll before this but I eventually opened a paypal claim because the parts were for a friends cab. Long story short I got the money back but my order was outstanding for like 2 months with no replies. I'm a paradise arcade man now and have thus far had no problems with them.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I placed an order in September for 2 sticks and 14 buttons. After 2 months and a few unresponsive emails, I disputed with Paypal. Then they decided to email me back. Sucks because my brothers and I order(ed) a bunch of stuff from them. Paradise as an alternative has worked out pretty well so far.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I hate to hear that Chad is not keeping up with folks. He was my go to guy for a long time years ago, well before the SF4 craze and it's too bad he couldn't recover after it. He was always a gentleman and his service was top notch, I haven't bought anything form him in years, simply 'cause I had way too much overhead in parts and I still have left overs. Haven't bought any arcade parts ever since, except for a few members at ZDTF.

I keep hearing great things about Focus Attack though, they have a very nice website and apparently are partners with ART Hobbies (The plexy guys) and some stick builders. I think that's very cool, keeping the circle tight with top quality partners to provide all kinds of services related to arcade hardware.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I hate to hear that Chad is not keeping up with folks. He was my go to guy for a long time years ago, well before the SF4 craze and it's too bad he couldn't recover after it. He was always a gentleman and his service was top notch, I haven't bought anything form him in years, simply 'cause I had way too much overhead in parts and I still have left overs. Haven't bought any arcade parts ever since, except for a few members at ZDTF.

I keep hearing great things about Focus Attack though, they have a very nice website and apparently are partners with ART Hobbies (The plexy guys) and some stick builders. I think that's very cool, keeping the circle tight with top quality partners to provide all kinds of services related to arcade hardware.

I can vouch for focus attack. I have bought from them at least 5 times this year. There is normally a 2 day delay between buying and shipping but that really isn't an issue. I'm not sure whats going on with lizardlick. I bought two plates from them a few weeks ago and I got them within 2 days. I think as long as item says its in stock then there shouldn't be problems, but it's just a theory.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
yeah, from the feedback yesterday I ended up ordering from Focus Attack. Sniff, too bad about Lizardlick. I've been using them for years too.

FYI, Focus Attack has already shipped my order. So they definitely seem to be on the ball. ...One modded iCade to appear shortly! lol

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Awesome, I just got an icade last night and it desperately needs modding. Post pics when it's done!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I put in an order on 1/2/12 and got an email on 1/3/12 that my order was on hold due to parts unavailable and read that it should be filled in 5-10 business days and it's now been 14 business days so I left them a voicemail.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
i finally got my parts the other day. never received a response to my emails though.

Shinsengumi

Not so MEGA, eh?
Got most my stuff about two months after ordering, some plates are still on backorder I guess... :( Not sure what's going on recently, but they normally ship lightning fast. Chad's a good guy, I've met him in person several times to pickup parts and talk "shop". Hopefully they can get past whatever is going on and reclaim their status as my go to for arcade parts.

red shoe paul

Stakes Winner
15 Year Member
Where else to buy cheap arcade parts? Specifically Happ pushbuttons with microswitches for an MVS.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Where else to buy cheap arcade parts? Specifically Happ pushbuttons with microswitches for an MVS.

For Happ stuff I get them on Ebay...I buy my stuff from seller TornadoTerry...he always has been reliable.

Or ask for them on these forums...I'm sure members have tons laying around.

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
For Happ stuff I get them on Ebay...I buy my stuff from seller TornadoTerry...he always has been reliable.

Or ask for them on these forums...I'm sure members have tons laying around.

Amen when it comes to happ stuff Terry is the man!

valgalder

Kula's Candy
what happened with Lizard Lick? I have ordered from them in the past several times and always been happy with their products and service, and have recommended them to a lot of people... now I see their facebook page is BLOWING up with angry people over the last few months.. luckily I haven't had to deal with that - but was going to make a small order and will probably think twice now. Anybody know what is going on with them lately?