is kain a orochi member?

orochi_lubu

Sho's Rival
well he has the trademark purple flames and iori and orochi chris have them. think their might be a connection?

Body rip

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Good question, and he sure does have the characteristics that could qualify him as such... Unfortunately, I've got no clue... Never heard stories linking him to their bloodline.

Freeman always came off as an Orochi to me as well. From the psychotic demeanor, to his cutting hand attacks (similiar to Mature's).

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I'd assume that it's Hakkyokuseiken flames (similar to Geese / Rock / Terry), not Orochi, but his bio doesn't mention that in his fighting style. Cut/paste below is from a FAQ (which was probably taken from the manual):

Kain R. Heinlein
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 76 kg
Birthday: February 16
Blood Type: B
Nationality: America
Fighting Style: Ankoku Shinkuu-Ken
Hobbies: Reading
Specialty: He can tell others' emotions by looking at their eyes
Most Important: All the people that surround him (his people)
Most Unpleasant: Emotions
Dislikes: Emotions
Favorite Food: Apple Pie
Favorite Music: Classic
Best Sport: None (he can do anything, though)

Edit:
Also, There are a limited number of Orochi (the 8 heads of the dragon), and we know them all. Even given the 10-20 years of time elapsed from KOF, that's not enough for Kain to be descended from one of them. (And even though Leona and Iori are not of the 8, Leona is the daughter of one of them and Iori has Orochi blood due to an ancient pact between Yagami and Orochi.)

<small>[ May 27, 2003, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: neojedi ]</small>

Q

qube

Body rip:
Good question, and he sure does have the characteristics that could qualify him as such... Unfortunately, I've got no clue... Never heard stories linking him to their bloodline.

Freeman always came off as an Orochi to me as well. From the psychotic demeanor, to his cutting hand attacks (similiar to Mature's).
Good call, I always thought that Freeman seemed mighty Orochi-like as well.

orochi_lubu

Sho's Rival
freeman's got that kill mentality to a fault. one of those two might have it. yamazaki got it and he's from fatal fury.