Is It Really True? Goths And Punks Don't Get Along?

Omnipoint Deity

Quiz Detective
This really tickled the mess out of me. I just happened to make a small talk with a goth woman about her opinion on the tsunami issue and there was a lady across the street from us and she appeared to be punk, judging by her clothes, make-up, and hair style. The goth woman looked ad said to me "Us goths and punks don't get along, we hate each other.". I was really shocked to hear her say that and I asked her why and she said "Because they think they're better than us and cooler.". She even said that fights break out between them too. This was one of the weirdest things I've ever heard 'cause I thought that they were all kinda the same. Has any of you here ever come across this issue?

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
She actually stopped and said this?

Must be those Punks and Goths street gangs Ive been hearing about.

SSS

neo retired
his really tickled the mess out of me. I just happened to make a small talk with a goth woman about her opinion on the tsunami issue and there was a lady across the street from us and she appeared to be punk, judging by her clothes, make-up, and hair style. The goth woman looked ad said to me "Us goths and punks don't get along, we hate each other.". I was really shocked to hear her say that and I asked her why and she said "Because they think they're better than us and cooler.". She even said that fights break out between them too. This was one of the weirdest things I've ever heard 'cause I thought that they were all kinda the same. Has any of you here ever come across this issue?

I haven't seen any brawls taking place in Hot Topic on my way past when I visit the mall. Is it true you're retarded and have sex with small farm animals?

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
DO IT FOR JOHNNY, PONY BOY! RUMBLE WITH THE SOCS!

Fucking idiot goths and punks should just kill themselves already, what a total drain on the world and an eyesore.

"Us goths"

Give me a break, paste face.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I got head from a goth once

I give that head job 5 fingers down

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I bet punks see goths as being wussified versions of themselves. Plus goths sometimes wear similar shit, and of course punk basically came before goth, so there's another reason to hate each other.

Anyway, the whole thing is fucking ridiculous - I never understood the appeal. However, I would definitely bang Avril Lavigne with extreme prejudice.

TopTierRamen

New Challenger
I thought they were both angsty little kids that stay at home posting on Gaia about how unfair their parents treat them :annoyed:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Omnipoint Deity said:
This really tickled the mess out of me. I just happened to make a small talk with a goth woman about her opinion on the tsunami issue and there was a lady across the street from us and she appeared to be punk, judging by her clothes, make-up, and hair style. The goth woman looked ad said to me "Us goths and punks don't get along, we hate each other.". I was really shocked to hear her say that and I asked her why and she said "Because they think they're better than us and cooler.". She even said that fights break out between them too. This was one of the weirdest things I've ever heard 'cause I thought that they were all kinda the same. Has any of you here ever come across this issue?

All of this doesn't matter as:

a) Fuuma and Hanzo can kick their asses

b) I'd piss on both (and get my jollies off at the same time)

syringe

Banned
You're a stupid fuck.

While "Punks" and "Goths" are almost as fucking stupid (though not quite).

"Punk" as a lifestyle or a meaningful movement died out around 1982, it's just a bunch of angsty teenage faggots who want to be to be "different" but in the safety of a relatively uniform clique making their existance not only stupid but ironic as well.

"Goths" = same except they never existed as a meaninful movement in the first place and they're depressive/obsessed with anything "creepy" and "macab."

The only real difference between the two is that the original Punk movement actually lead to the creation of some really decent music (that went on to evolve and influence most artists across all of the rock/metal sub-genres) and that once you strip the retarded elements out of the equation some of the modern bands aren't bad either (though turn on MTV and there's sure alot of purile shit.)

Omnipoint Deity said:

The general point I'm making is that teenage cliques are fucking retarded and populated with faggots who a) don't have a sense of identity b) attention whores who think any attention is good (even negative) and c) scared little bastards who only feel safe if they travel with a closely knit group. Once you they turn beyond the age of say 16 they either wake up and stop dressing/acting like complete retards and realize that 99.9% of what goes on in High School is meaningless except that it prepares you for College or they'll keep the multi-colored hair, sign a drop-out slip and get an amazing job next to DashK as a burger-king fry cook and they can be as angsty as they want since they managed to fuck up their own lives.

Last edited:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
well, that's harsh.
knocking a goth or punk lifestyle nowadays isn't very nice.
it's not the same as it was or symbolizes what dressing and
being that way was back in the day.
but i'm sure some kids feel alienated enough that if they
find a way to fit in with their own group, is cool enough and needn't be put down because of that.
better they express themselves than gunning down their schools.
hahah.
punk is dead.
and for some reason, i'm sure if you're a goth you automatically like evanescence.
hahah.
anyways, i met plenty of "punks" that have plenty of respect for goth kind of music.
it kind of surprised me.
i'm sure the goth girl you saw is plenty into evanescence and i don't know... linkin park?
:cool:
music sucks nowadays.

Moscoso-sioux.jpg

btw to all you Siouxsie fans, in britland they released a b sides boxset for Siouxsie and
the banshees. I'll be getting it when i get paid.
you can order it from amazon, but you probably want to order it from
a good british online place, of which is i have no idea.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Anyone who believes this scenario took place is extremely gullible.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
I wish I was leet enough to be punk... It seems the only way to be punk is to shop at Hot Topic. I was in hot topic today, they had an n64 tshirt making it seem as though it's retro...

It tickles my fancy that those "punks" spend tons of cash to look "punk." Don't you have to be cheap ass and tear your own cloths to be "punk?"

Does anyone else walk through Hot Topic and not respond to the employees saying hi, bye, or asking general questions about what your looking for? I just walk off... Today a girl followed me out and keep yelling BYE BYE BYE! It was strange...

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Yung Burnout said:
I got head from a goth once

I give that head job 5 fingers down

Goth chicks like to be tied up and abused.

BTW this thread is faggot and so is Omnipoint Deity.

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
rarehero said:
well, that's harsh.
knocking a goth or punk lifestyle nowadays isn't very nice.
it's not the same as it was or symbolizes what dressing and
being that way was back in the day.
but i'm sure some kids feel alienated enough that if they
find a way to fit in with their own group, is cool enough and needn't be put down because of that.
better they express themselves than gunning down their schools.
hahah.
punk is dead.
and for some reason, i'm sure if you're a goth you automatically like evanescence.
hahah.
anyways, i met plenty of "punks" that have plenty of respect for goth kind of music.
it kind of surprised me.
i'm sure the goth girl you saw is plenty into evanescence and i don't know... linkin park?
music sucks nowadays.

Moscoso-sioux.jpg

btw to all you Siouxsie fans, in britland they released a b sides boxset for Siouxsie and
the banshees. I'll be getting it when i get paid.
you can order it from amazon, but you probably want to order it from
a good british online place, of which is i have no idea.

indeed music does suck nowdays

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
No one cares, and no one should care.

Fucking retards.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I like Goths.

Well real goths anyway.

I think its time Rome was sacked again.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
Does anyone else walk through Hot Topic and not respond to the employees saying hi, bye, or asking general questions about what your looking for? I just walk off... Today a girl followed me out and keep yelling BYE BYE BYE! It was strange...

Most of the time yes, except I do respond to the one with big boobs, the fact she squeezes those things into that tight leather top she deserves at least a Hi before i get the hell outta there. I gotta catch her when she gets off work to see how "goth" she is

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
gamejunkie said:
I wish I was leet enough to be punk... It seems the only way to be punk is to shop at Hot Topic. I was in hot topic today, they had an n64 tshirt making it seem as though it's retro...

It tickles my fancy that those "punks" spend tons of cash to look "punk." Don't you have to be cheap ass and tear your own cloths to be "punk?"

i went to hot topic the other day because they had some sonic shirts.
if some chick went out yelling bye bye to me i'd give her the bird and tell her
to fuck off, as any punk would i suppose.

My next door neighbor's girls are goth chicks. All their friends come over and they sit on the front porch and smoke.

I can't help but laugh since there are generally like 5-10 goth "kids" all being different together when I drive by.

I guess I miss the point, eh?

B

Omnipoint Deity said:

"Do various subculture groups not get along?"

Abso-fucking-lutely.

If goths, punks, geeks, comci-fans, and movie junkies got along for 5 minutes, the so-called "mainstream" would have been torn to shreds dewcades ago.

In point of fact, the mainstream is smaller than the subculture groups by far, but the divisions within these various non-mainstream groups allows the mythical "norm" to be perpetuated.

We see this phenomanae even here, with wiggers, wasians, collectors, and hardcore gamers colliding all the time.