Is it just me or is Mukuro a cheap bastard? Last Blade 1 and 2

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I normally play as Washizuka, so maybe Mukuro is a bad matchup. I'm generally pretty good at Last Blade 1, and have 1cc it on level 8 a few times.

Last Blade 1, Shikyoh gives me more trouble than Musashi normally, but I can normally beat him first try.

Last Blade 2 is another matter. He seems extra cheap. Anytime you jump, or rush him he either does the diagonal, or straight blade move. He abuses the hell out of it.

If you wait for him to come to you, he chips the hell out of me with that blade move, or attempts to do that running grab. So basically I am stuck crouching in the corner and can't do much. Occasionally he slips up, and I jump in with my B, to standing B, and then follow up with a special, or rush into super. Or sometime I can manage to roll from a knockdown, and grab him, but even then he has some way to counter my grab, with a grab of his own.

Can you D counter grabs?

Basically he just has every advantage, air, ground, close up grabs, and long distance move that cover the whole screen. I won't even try and do my strong B only super, as he will just throw that blade all the way across the screen, or jump over it.

I'm finding it really hard to get in there and do some damage. I get close most rounds, but manage to blow it.

Curious what methods you all may use, especially Washizuka players.

Last edited:

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
I'm not a Washizuka player by any means, I like Okina. Mukuro gives me hell too, man... I usually try to play long range keepaway and finish with a combo or DM when I can. D repels seem kind of useless against Mukuro because he'll just wait and do that running grab right after... I'm not sure if you can repel the grab, though. I remember someone being able to break out of Shigen's multi-part command grabs, but I'm not sure how you'd time it against Mukuro.