Is it just me or has ebay become more rampant with buyer fraud?

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
TMOSteel said:
Does the tracking number come up when you enter it or not? If not, then tell him his shit does stink and to refund your money or replace the item.

$18 or $1800 dollars don't let some ass rip you for any amount of money.

Nope doesn't come up when I enter it. I filed a dispute through paypal today and told him I wanted my items, my money back, or proof of mailing and that a tracking # that doesn't work isn't proof of mailing. So hopefully he steps up, if not I guess I escalate it to a claim and paypal decides. I just can't understand why a seller would try to pull some shit like this.

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
I have never been scammed during a Net purchase, even on Ebay. Just lucky I guess. Well, also very careful with the larger puchases. From what I have heard here though, it's just a matter of time till I have my own scam sob story.

It's interesting to me that, whenever I see posts about people being scammed on other Net forums, the consensus among the Net kiddies is always pretty much: "LOL! You bought something from some person on the Intarweb!?? You deserve to be scammed! Loser!"

This is the only place where I hear any claim that simply trying to do business on the Net is not enough to be considered: "Asking to be ripped off, so stop crying about it."

It figures, seeing as a lot of collectors and sellers here have to rely on the Net for their hobby or profits. So naturally, they have a different point of view from what appears to be the usual Intarweb response.

But then again, maybe folks here have a point. After all, what makes the Net so special that doing business on it is, in and of itself, an excuse for what is really just mail fraud?

If doing business on the Net will someday be as common as going to the corner store, then "It's the Internet, so stop whining." just won't be a valid enough response to scam claims in the future. Money is money, whether it's transferred electronically or not.

lordtut

Kuroko's Training Dummy
No i think its more to the quality of the people here.
i don't like forums cause people suck in general especially on the "interweb".
Nuthing like having some 8 year old telling you your dumb for buying off the net & they can't even get a credit card or a paypal account.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I was just looking at my Ebay Feedback...

I havent bought anything in 11 months.

I haven't sold anything in 23 months.

I haven't missed ebay at all.

darkkrisp

Cheng's Errand Boy
They should do something about retaliation feedback. I have 2 negative feedbacks from fucks that did not send my items and I won the paypal disputes and they are both no longer registered users yet I still have negative feedbacks from scammers.

They should also make sure that you must post whether something works or does not work. I do not bid on some electronics or toys because the idiot listing says I do not know if the item works since I do not have 2AA or whatever batteries to test it so it is sold as is.

Who can not go to the store and buy batteries to see if something works and possible increase the items final value? To me is seems like they are trying to sell broken items and yet absolve them selves of no fault since they put as is.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think what I hate the most about ebay, is seller trying to fuck you on the shipping, there just shameless to put a price of 17 dollarsto ship a freaking CD from JP, and that's not even getting to the EMS part of it.

Shipping sucks because the sellers make profit on it, were they shouldn't.

A guy selling some 13 x 6' cables wanted over 60 dollars to ship this within the US, what the fuck!? I told the guy; "listen I'm byuing your whole lot, give me a break on the shipping here!" and he explained to me that he sells the cables cheap and that brings customers to bid, and then he makes up for it on the shipping, I can't believe he told me that! What a dick stain!:blow_top:

lordnikon

Another Striker
When it comes to "general" video game goods I have been using Amazon for years. It has been much better than eBay. Especially in terms of shipping because most items on Amazon sell at a flat rate of $3.49. A ton of sellers on ebay these days are charging 9.95 for shipping a single PS2 game. What?! The bloated shipping charges are getting totally out of control now.

One thing I can say for sure, and this goes for all services including Amazon and eBay:

Avoid any seller that sounds like a video rental store. Anything called InstantReplay or Discs4Less or Dvd123dotcom or YourVideoSource, avoid these.

Most of these operations lie in their listings, and sell used goods as "BRAND NEW". Anything they have to sell you is crap.

Alba Meira

n00b
OlderGames said:
Hello,

Seriously... this shit has started to seriously piss me off. Forget the fact
that some douche used ebay's custom html feature in the "about me"
area to phish our login and cancel over $300 in bids screwing up my
weekend sales, forget the fact that ebay support sucks... whats really
pissing me off is the fact that buyers (2 of whom purchased neo items
from us) and buyers of other high end game systems have suddenly
become scammers themselves.

Last week I get a nasty message from a buyer demanding we provide
him with tracking info and insurance info "again as we did a day after
we received payment" within 24 hours or else... I mean what the hell?

So I give him the info and check the tracking and sure enough he has
had the game for 10 days... Puzzled I think to myself... boy if I hadn't
kept this info for a month this douche would have tried to scam us
of a $150 item. Now he left positive feedback... more on that later....

Another buyer sends us a message cursing, swearing and all kinds of
nasty crap "keep in mind our last message to him was about the item
being sent and the tracking info blah blah....". Nothing after except
his nasty message crying foul.... so guess what? I check the tracking
after giving him the info...AGAIN... and what do you know? Notice was
left at his door and the package has been sitting at his local Post Office
for almost ten days....

Seriously now... what the hell?!

Not that I care either way and it doesn't affect our overall sales in
a big way but in all honesty... is this some kind of new crap people
are starting to pull on ebay? When did this begin? I've sold thousands
of items on the site and now all of a sudden this is becoming a daily
nuisance for me. Have any of you noticed this kind of thing happening
more and more lately?

ok enough... end of the rant. At the end of the day fuck it anyhow.
I'm gonna post what I just sent the buyer from my first example below
so you guys can have a good laugh. If any of you sell on the bay I'd
love to hear your thoughts. Thanks for reading.... blah blah. :buttrock:

Welcome to America please enjoy your stay.