is Fatal Fury 3 good?

S

Silent_Scope

just wonder if it's good or not
i know it has rich graphics but i hate 3 lines background system (you can jump to background and forground )

------------------
Silent_Scope
norikos.jpg

My dream girl....where are you?

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
i adore it

cos of the music,the INSANE bgs,southtown,the intro,geese,mai's stage,southtown,yamazaki,the jins ( when they were still scary and somehow interesting ),southtown....

and dont believe what they say

its a very solid game,
i like it better than real bout

now...Fran's chart

Real bout special
Fatal fury 3
Real bout
Real bout 2

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
The backgrounds in this game are extremely cool. They heve great personality.

Mai's aquarium, the Amusement Park (with tall buildings visible in the distance, and Hon's elevator are really unique.

The only place this game lags for me is the slightly muddled controls. I like the RB (S, II) controls better.

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

yamazakis train bg is insane!
i also think its very cool that you can kick your opponent into the glass and shatter it in mais stage...very cool!

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Call me Jin chon shu

why?

cos thats my name,fool !

quality

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Good Story Line,Great Graphics.
I don't like the gameplay and I have a hard time with the control.
I rate the Fatal Furies this way:
RB2
RBFF
Fatal Fury Special
I have yet to purchase Garou for fear of obtaining a 'BOOTLEG' so there you have it.
I would stay away from it.
brhead5.gif

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Fatal Fury 3 is an extremely underrated game in my opinion. The game has great interactive backgrounds, one of the best BGMs of all time in any video game, a very cool selection of characters, awesome graphics and animation and a TON of little touches that really pile on the charm. The developers didn't have to, but they really went all out with it. I especially like smacking Andy into the river, beating Hon Fu by knocking him off of the platform and kicking Geese right at, er...myself
smile.gif
. And don't forget the bodies spinning as they are knocked away in true Hong Kong cinema style. 'Alpha counters' BEFORE alpha counters
smile.gif
!

The only things I'd say are knocks against FF3 are the insanely tough couputer AI, the lackluster endings and the sensitive controls. This game is NOT for the lazy wristed/fingered
smile.gif

Overall, I'd say it's a great purchase to make. Real Bout controls better, but FF3 is chock FULL o' good stuff!

------------------
terry96.gif

Taiso
'Okay!'

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
is it just me
or is the intro like
the shit..
dam its just cool
the announcer guy starts
off low like
once again dark DESTINY
OUTSTREACTHES ITS ICEY GRIP!!!!!
THE LONE WOLVES ARE BACK!!!
heh
sorry its just cool
as for the game its really slick
there are like all kinds of thingslike
character interactions and intros and
inbetween story line stuff
the fighing system is ok
but its just sweet that you can
knock Mai into the glass in the aquarium
and leave a big dam crack
i love my ff3
all the fatalfurys are great in my opinion

------------------
99clark.gif

HEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!!!

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
It's not bad. I think many people said that FF3 was the worst of FF/RB series (much like SS3 for SS series--my brother is an expert and like that title, though) because while there are some cool new moves for each chr, for strange reasons, the develpopers have decided to remove some of the old moves (where is Terry's rising knuckle???). There are some quirks to the gameplay, but nothing too major. Other than that, it's a farily solid title. You also gotta love the funny manual. If I rember corrrectly "or my name isn't Mai". Heh.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

thundr51

Bead Banger
Actually, I was thinking of buying this one but I kept hearing all types of horror stories on it. Plus when I tried to buy it,(didn't know what it was called) I wound up with FFS instead.(I HaTED FFS). I'm just like BB, I want to get MOTW but I'd be really peeved If wound up with a bootleg and couldn't see the endings.