Is ebay a lost cause?

EvilOtto83

n00b
I know this may be a bit of an open ended question but as a percentage, how over inflated do you think ebay is regarding loose MVS carts?
I’m obviously very new to all this and the only experience and frame of reference I have regards buying MVS is ebay.
When you compare evilbay to any of the community price list (all be it slightly outdated) ebay just looks ridiculous!
Should I forget ebay as a future source of carts and concentrate on the forums?
Any advice will be appreciated 😊

EvilOtto83

n00b
Get a NeoSD and be done...

More of an original hardware person myself, If I start going down the SD route why not go the whole hog an install a MAME PC in my Cab?
Id rather have a dozen original games I care about than 10,000 on a flash card anyday, but thats just personal choice I guess :)

sometimes eBay is the only place to find what you're looking for unless you're willing to wait a long time for it to pop up on a forum and then hopefully be the first to respond...but yeah, prices there seem to be crazy.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Samurai Shodown II mvs loose is around $65 on eBay.

It's a $20 cart all day, so markup is excessive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
More of an original hardware person myself, If I start going down the SD route why not go the whole hog an install a MAME PC in my Cab?

The NeoSD isn't emulation, it's running on real hardware.

Id rather have a dozen original games I care about than 10,000 on a flash card anyday, but thats just personal choice I guess :)

You could also have a dozen games you care about on a NeoSD ;)

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
It's hard to feel sympathy about prices with the NeoSD available. Everyone has a reasonably affordable way of playing Neo Geo games as they were meant to be played.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member

You need to educate yourself a bit on this subject my friend.

~ Watch out for the Shropshire Slasher.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member

Because they’re totally different. The Neo SD is feeding your Neo Geo the same data that was on the cartridge. If you’re emulating well, now that’s a whole different mess.

But if you’re gonna use eBay for Neo stuff, you’ll have to 1) accept the rising public market 2) be patient

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
I know this may be a bit of an open ended question but as a percentage, how over inflated do you think ebay is regarding loose MVS carts?
I’m obviously very new to all this and the only experience and frame of reference I have regards buying MVS is ebay.
When you compare evilbay to any of the community price list (all be it slightly outdated) ebay just looks ridiculous!
Should I forget ebay as a future source of carts and concentrate on the forums?
Any advice will be appreciated ��

If you plan on concentrating on the forums, hopefully it is not just in the market forum.

Craigslist, OfferUp, and LetGo always seem to have MVS games for sale.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
eBay has plenty of deals. Just don't be an idiot and buy it now on overpriced shit from KPJ

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
eBay sucks now more than ever. Overflowing with scam buyers and bloated with ridiculous fees.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
My observation is you pay a lot more in England due to the import taxes. You can import something and pay taxes, or buy something domestically that's marked up because they know you'll have to pay import taxes.

IGDetail

n00b
Help us all out and pay only the prices that you're willing to pay. High purchase prices over and above value incentivizes sellers to continue to drive up further. I've passed on numerous eBay deals over the last year as I've built my MVS collection. I'll often use the price guide on Game Value Now as a gauge and give myself a limit. Once it goes over, I'm out.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Well I mean it's not like you're going to find anything on the Neo forums, so unless you want to go the YAJ route, you're probably stuck with eBay.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Fees are up, shipping costs are up up up.